$15 a month experiment- your thoughts?

Discussion in 'Planet Calypso' started by Mikah, Oct 10, 2009.

1. Technically it is possible, but what about gameplay?

Discuss.

2. safara

safara Pamwe Chete

Yeah right - technically possible - but not great game play for the dosh - need to spend a tad more than that in EU for some fun :) Which is what playing computer games is all about :)

3. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

I agree it is possible. But is it fun?

15-20 bucks gets me a month in most games, and for that money, I can do whatever the heck I want. In PE, it means I need to budget before I even start, and limit absolutely everything to the bare essential, and even then, I need to get lady luck on my side.

I hunt pretty eco, with plated shogun and breer P5 + A102, and still, despite being level 60, I still manage to loose. I could probably pull off a month on 15 bucks, hunting naked with an Opala, but I can assure you I'd end up more frustrated than entertained, and I'd most likely spend quite a lot less time ingame than I would in most other subscription-based mmorpgs.

4. Lykke TheNun

Lykke TheNun Lootius bless you all!

Technically it's possible without depositing anything at all ... but question is, if it's fun? I highly admire the players who tell they never deposited. Personally I don't owe the patience for that.

What players see as being a challenge is also different though. For some it might be more challenging to be able to survive in EU with a tiny amount or not any money deposited at all - for others, there are no options, they can't deposit.

For me, it's just because I want things here and now and because I'm too lazy to spend time on sweating and dung picking.

To some, I'm sure, it's also very satisfactory to say, they got what they have from nothing. I have deposited a lot of money and I still am - but do I have more fun? No, I actually think I'm more frustrated than the one who is able to play for 15USD a month or less.

I wonder who will be laughing most at the end ...

5. Chopper

Chopper Sanctuary

I've played for before on such a small budget, It does get pretty boring hunting snabbles and exas after a while.

6. I like the fact I can deposit also.. and get the heck that I want .. If I felt like it :)

I wouldnt like to lose that luxury.

:afro:

7. From personal experience I can say that it definitely was possible.
    But back then I also was able to testdrive the game with sweating to pay for the bombs... I would never have deposited without that personal test phase.

8. In my four years of virtual history and adventures I had the most fun depositing an average of 100 Euros a week. Now when I needed something really badly, like my nemesis, I would depo more. In entropia Universe you must pay your way for fun.

9. It is possible of course, just as it's possible doing it without depositing at all. (That's how i started initially, but after a few months or so deposited afterall). But, it's only suitable for new people exploring the world. After that it obviously becomes too boring, so if you want to move forward, you have to deposit and then you're either able to sustain yourself ingame or you continue on the path of depositing.

Not you again...

10. Yea agreed, though I shamelessly deposited on my third day :o , I hated sweating! Only reason I got into it was to further my mf skills, but there is no way I could go back to it for fun. And I don't think it is possible to skill mf without sweating for $15 a month, no less actually owning all the fun fs chips.

11. Ye me, pls dont turn this into a flamethingy, stick to subject respect admin.

My take in this..... You wanna play for +- 10 Years, without deposits, to even reach a uber level in the least? O boy! I wouldnt. If you play project EU, you will want to skill fast for the sake of efficiancy. Right? Now to do so, is to deposit and stick to limited items, cos they help in skilling faster, following your skill levels demands. BTW, I would have no idea right now if these rules of karma still aply to the new VU 10 CE2. I highly recommend Predator armor for newbs skilling up to mid level:) Or any of the same armor types:) Same applies to (L) weaponry, faps, etc.

12. If I'm not mistaken the concept behind the $15 a month experiment is not to reach a top 10 soc in eu, but more or less to play continuously using economical tactics. I don't think anyone here would think otherwise.

13. In that case you must be a virtual economic genius to know exactly the tact formulae to use. I doubt just any Tom, Dick and Harry can accomplish such a feat with a 100% success rate.:dunno:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.