A Month of Good News

Discussion in 'Blogs' started by Sorven, Feb 9, 2011.

1. Well, I finally get to share the good things that have been going on. I've known for a little over a month about this but I couldn't share until now. My wife and I will be having our 2nd child this year. :bigsmile: We simply didn't want to make it general knowledge until we had gone to the doctor to confirm it. I'm sure my daughter won't like having a 2nd child in the house to compete with for attention, but she'll get over it. :) I always like the confirmation, you get to see the fuzzy image on the screen and hear the little heartbeat, it's wonderful. :) It'll still be about 11 weeks before we can figure out if its a boy or a girl, but we will be finding out and I'll probably share that information, but until then we get to call it our little peanut or any other such name that we feel is appropriate.

Another thing I'm looking forward to this month (at least I hope it's going to happen this month) is the solar panels we're getting on our house. We're close to the time they said it usually takes to get it all done and so I'm just waiting to hear from them when they're going to install them. I'm so anxious about this, I want to be able to go out during the day and watch the meter run backwards and also see the savings we'll have on our energy bill. Along with this there are other things I'm working on that should improve our budget a bit, which means we'll have room to put more money where it needs to go as well as start a new allowance, which will be for the home. This means I get to do some more work on the yard this year and my wife will get to do some more decorating, and we have to get the 2nd bedroom ready for our daughter so that we can use her current room for the new baby. It's all very exciting, though I don't look forward to painting, but I'll do it anyway because it needs to be done. It's actually going to be kind of exciting getting the new furniture for her room, I'm hoping she'll be able to help make a few of the choices, though she seems to love everything she can touch so it might just come down to us deciding for her. I'm leaning towards purple colors instead of pink, everything else she has is pink and I'd feel better putting up a different color, but we'll see.

I've also been thinking more about the garden I'll be doing this year, I'm hoping it does better and we'll have so much food that we fill up our freezer, but we'll have to wait and see about that. I do know that I want to try growing pumpkins this year, we love them and there's never quite enough pumpkin for the year after we buy and process a few of them. I also get to experiment some more, when I feel up to it, on some recipes. I always love to cook new things, but I don't always feel like doing it. I'm hoping this year to work on the simple dishes that I can freeze and then take to work and warm up in the microwave. That would give me more options for lunch and also make it easier on us when we have to make dinner. Speaking of dinner, my daughter has started joining us at the table, sitting in a little booster seat. She thinks its the most wonderful thing, being able to sit at the table, though she still needs to learn to keep the food on the plate, but at least the table we've been using is very easy to clean (it isn't our nicer, newer table that sits in the dining room but a cheap one I got at an estate sale before we got married that sits in our kitchen). We've also been working with her to teach her more words, we're starting to understand her a little better, but when she's upset she still just points and whines, which means I have to start walking around with her until I figure out what she actually is pointing at. But I'm sure soon enough she'll say what she wants and drive me crazy doing so. :) Anyway, that's about it for my news right now, or at least that's what I can remember at this moment, lots of exciting things for us and a lot of work to do, but it'll be good.

2. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

Congratulations with the news, Sorven :)

As for recipes, one of the most fantastic dishes Lykke and me ever tried was durihng our Trip to Rome. We got "Homemade Pumpkin Ravioli with Zucchini Flowers and Red Imperial Prawns". Not sure if it is very difficult to create, but it truly was fabulous. Perhaps I'll follow your example and plant a few pumpkins. I might also see if we can turn it into pumpkin-chili soup or something :)

3. (delayed) congratzzzZZZZzzzzZZZZ!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.