A View From Crystal Palace Domes

Discussion in 'Entropia Media' started by Akbar, Dec 9, 2014.

1. The VU 15.1 which was released today brought modifications at Crystal palace,
    with the Domes glasses beeing replaced by an Hexagonal pattern (which looks a lot like the chat pattern),
    and I noticed the Calypso planet not rotating anymore.

Hopefully I had the idea few weeks ago to do some videos inside those domes :)

To mods,
    since I am new in this forum, tell me where is the most appropriate section to post my videos & medias, ty.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. narfi

narfi Lost

This is the new view or the old view from CP?

3. Old, I said that today the domes glass have been replaced by an exagonal pattern,
    and calypso planet is not rotating anymore.
    I did this video around 2 weeks ago.
    I took (auto mode) a screenshots each second and made the final video at 25FPS.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

What software did you use to mash the screen shots together?

5. Take 1 screenshot each second in auto : Fraps (I always do my screens in BMP)
    Use sequences of screenshots to a video : 3ds Max (I use it for many applications)
    Video software when I bring special effects like transitions : AVS Video Editor
    Additive software to transform big video formats to internet format : Format Factory

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. I wasnt there for some time now. I even missed the rotating Calypso.

Since the whole Space Station got taken apart and its remaining remnants were removed after my last exploration outside of it, there is nothing left but hunting domes.

But maybe there have been more changes (outside) ?

Last edited: Dec 10, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Damn McCormick !!!!

I'm getting jealous ! How did you do ????
    How did you do to run or even fly around the crystal palace asteroid ? and even walk/run on the top bridge inside the main area/revival...
    How did you do to run on the bottom of the Core Ground, i saw your last video about it, that's something i tried last year and this year without success lol.
    May be this was a premonition, but I had the idea (and yet i did not make the comic due to some recent events) to create a new bubble story which will be called "exodus", but I planned to do screenshots with mobs (harbinger & evi) on the bottom ground, but nothing worked. The fact that my ava would die was not a problem, I always solved this aspect.
    Anyway, cool videos that you did, that I dont remember seeing before.

Btw, I did a video and screenshots, showing that I fell at -300 000 meters under the ground :).
    I can call the guiness book for this, I doubt someone ever hit that in the game :)
    I need to check where I stored this video & screens.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2014
  8. If I should travel to CP again, Id be glad to show you all those way outs and trap doors. :)

9. well, I was thinking this was due to old display bugs.
    If this can still work today, yes I am more than interested !

10. a little fix to my 1st post :
    I am again at CP now, and the calypso planet is still in rotation, but slow.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Everything is (still) possible. :)

12. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

Can I come?

Hmmm Frapps I'm familiar with 3ds max not... hmm looks like it is free if you are a student... maybe if I go hug my housemate some he will get and share a licence with me before his studentness expires... I could do with 3ds max for something else too

13. Sure Wistrel, Ill drop you a pm (here or ingame) when Im ready to go there. :)

If you want do do some video editing only, windows movie maker is already enough. ;)

For some more FX and easier use It recommend to start with free stuff like VirtualDub :

http://www.virtualdub.org/

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.