About Church of Lootius!

Discussion in 'Entropia Societies' started by Lykke TheNun, Dec 21, 2009.

1. Lykke TheNun

Lykke TheNun Lootius bless you all!

It is with sadness we have to inform you, that leadership in CoL shifted ones more. Kalanen decided to jump societies - and therefor left CoL to see new areas.

We cannot blaim Kal for making this choise. It is not a secret, that both Peter and I have been busy working on the forums, and other RL projects - as the game has been too expensive for us to play lately, which also have kept us away.

We suggested other members to find new homes too, where there would be more activities and fun - because we cannot see, that we will be more active in near future. And after that announcement we had to say goodbye to more members. We wish them all the very best and everyone will be missed. We had fun, as long as it lasted! No doubt - and we will keep in touch with most of them ;)

What happens now will only time tell. We are pondering about shutting down CoL - realizing that was the end of an awesome era in the Entropian History - even though CoL is one of the oldest societies in game - and spread out the word of Lootius to the Entropian Community. Maybe we will even try and go on new soc jumps ourselves to see what else the game can offer - maybe I will just stay in CoL as a grumby old Nun ;)

Anyway - thanks for the time we had! Lootius will always be with you! Remember always to have fun!

Lykke

2. hey, you did a great job on the forums and i`d like to see it grow more and more.
    but don`t shut down CoL. that was the soc of my dreams when i or lets say my character was a little child in PE and i read yours and peters posts on some other forum ;)
    well, it happened that i joined another soc because anna chrona a rl friend joined and i`m still there.

so, NOOOO shutting down CoL is not an option ;) send out some priests to convert to Lootius and everything will be fine.

3. Lykke TheNun

Thanks for the nice words, Shee :) As said, I don't know if we shut down CoL or not. I might just 'stay around' ... Dunno yet :)

4. O! Blessed Church! How sad a day t`is for thou.
    May thine humble flock, return to thee,
    in the hour of thine need, Master Lootius.

Glory thou hast known in thine time, and times of times.
    Woe! The overlord for forcing thee to bend thine knees,'
    May thine glorious demise be Not a silent one this day.

Flock of lootius rise thyseselves this day! let there be no dismay! For strong hast thine bond been O lootius! Thine name be riveted in time alone, where we bring thanksgiving for thee providing to thine flock of stone.

Would ye therefore grant your flock respite, in the hour of thine flocks in plight ? Thine flock love thee in the Light, thou art great in their sight. Even in the night, Thou had Might.

Amen!:bowdown:

5. Sad to hear that :(

It is quiet in a lot of socs at the moment,only time will tell where things are heading, but one thing is for sure: It would be a shame to see CoL vanish.

6. Natasza

Natasza Guest

7. Lykke TheNun

No worries, we will ;)

8. narfi

narfi Lost

Sad to hear, I also have also always looked up to the church as a foundation of the community and her priests and priestesses as micro-deities.

Its time consuming to run a society and even more time consuming to nurture new players into contributing members of society(the society?)

VU10 put the crunch on a lot of societies and its sad to hear that you may not recover. I believe the influx of new players is here now though. My society, Lost Renegades has had an influx of recruits in the last couple of weeks. The atmosphere in soc chat has really risen greater than it has since I started it last spring. Good times are ahead (for you too) if you can stick it out.

If you can stand the solitude until you have time for such things again, it would be good if you kept the Church a society, its too much a part of the culture to disband completely.

narfi

9. I think its better to just disband it and say "fuck this" or make a alt avatar named "VU10 Ruined my Soc" the leader and everyone else leaves it...and the alt leader can name the soc "Church of Lootius 2004-2009 R.I.P."

10. Sad to hear, hope you keep the soc :)

11. Mandi

Mandi Guest

what is VU10 please? is this an update or something the game made? what did it do?

12. Tass

Tass Administrator

If you find strange terms you can try looking them up in the Glossary.

Just added: "VU10 = Version Update 10 - migration from the old Gamebryo engine to the new CryEngine 2; can be considered the most significant VU of Entropia Universe"

Keep asking questions, they show where there's need to improve ;)

13. Mandi

Mandi Guest

tass.. are you my guardian angel? following me through the threads answering all my questions...

hehe thank you :P

i figured this was an update... but why do people seem to dislike it? did it not run well on peoples computers so they quit?

*waits for my guardian angel to link me to a thread that will answer my question*

14. Tass

Tass Administrator

Lol, need some sleep now but I'm sure someone will replace me going through your questionaire.

Indeed VU10 caused major performance problems. And a lot of former game mechanics were not included, even more than a year after VU10 not all of the systems have been re-implemented yet. And... some people don't like change.

15. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

I think another reason why people disliked VU10 was that when it was released, it suddenly required people to have state-of-the-art computers, whereas before, it was possible to run the game on an older machine without too much problems. That, and the game was just rushed out. It was riddled with bugs, and even basic stuff did not work properly (someone apparently did not noticed that it was next to impossible to move around if almost everything is a mountain. It made mining a real challenge, due to claims being totally unreachable).

16. MindStar9

MindStar9 Floating in Space

I find it really difficult to believe that you (mandi) don't understand what a VU is ... especially after claiming that you've played games and are familiar with MMO's. You also mentioned in your thread at PCF that you've claimed at various sites that you are 17 or 18 because you wanted to sound older, but then tell us to go ahead and say you are a 30 year old male in Canada. Something just isn't right here.

17. Kay Jones

Kay Jones who?

dunno about the rest, since lykke has cleaned up already, but tbh I needed some time to figure that one out. Other games I know would refer to a V 10.0 or or just patch 10.0. I had a feeling it could refer to the version but the U just made me wonder until I read it somewhere ^^

18. Kay Jones

Kay Jones who?

I agree, someone should investigate that. Check his posts for relevant information:coffee:

19. Joser

Joser asphinctersayswhat

Well hopefully CoL isn't quite dead yet. A lonely monk shall I be spreading the Gospel of Lootius!

20. khaos

khaos DnB'addict

There are still a few kind-of-active people in it. A while ago I joined as well, and I'm enjoying it, although it mostly quiet in chat.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.