Account Locked!

Discussion in 'General Entropia Universe Discussion' started by FatherJack, Mar 12, 2016.

1. FatherJack

FatherJack El Diablo

So I decided to make a small deposit as I was getting a little bored of sweating and hunting around for shit/fruit/rocks.... although the debit card I have is quite old I've never used it in EU before so I had to register it via the website which I duly did and put all the correct details in, etc. I come to login and:

[​IMG]

I have used VPN's as part of my online security for several years now without any issues whatsoever; I can use it with online banking, emails, offsite storage (it's not a fucking cloud) and have never had any issues using it when shopping online but it seems MindArk lives in some sort of twilight netherworld where VPN's are exclusively used by cyber-criminals in fedoras and other nefarious types and they automatically lock accounts when VPN's are used to process funds.

Quite ironically this exactly mirrors a support case I sent 4 years ago where my VPN interfered with my new card although back then they did not lock the account they just refused to add the card without an explanation:

"2012-11-22 23:01 Entropia Universe Support:Hi,

Thank you for your inquiry. We can see that you have successfully registered your card. However, we can also see that there was a problem with the validation of the card that you have registered. Can you please provide us with additional information about the country where you login from and about the country where the card was issued?

Kind regards,
    ***** | Planet Calypso Support" <----protected the innocent

To my annoyance I completely forgot about that....

Yes, I will eventually be unlocked but I've now got a free Saturday evening to do something else other than play the game I wished to play. So I'll say this is large letters for everyone to remember:

VPN users: disconnect from it before processing funds or new cards in EU as you maybe a criminal! (in MindArks eyes)

• Gratz Gratz x 1
  2. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

Congratz to the free evening ... and probably weekend!

3. just use paypal. :)

4. Mega

Mega Chaotic Good

Stop using your SR 71 Stealth technology Jack when putting money in.

[Then turn it back on again afterwards obviously and put the tinfoil around the PC case and you'll be good to go]

I hope it can all be resolved swiftly, youve been around for a decade so they should be able to resolve it Tuesday at the latest (hope so anyway!)

5. at laest one weekend with not losing cash :)

6. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

Meh, this just seems a good thing to me, sure inconvenient but better safe than sorry.

7. FatherJack

FatherJack El Diablo

Maybe but if every other website I have used does not have a problem including my bank which issued the card, why does MindArk? A simple warning would be nice "Please logout, disconnect from your VPN and log back in before adding a card or payment" or something along those lines. It would at least free up support to deal with less trivial issues.

8. FatherJack

FatherJack El Diablo

All sorted, when depositing through a VPN there is a chance they may lock the account to check it's not been compromised. The more you know....

9. Well feck feck feck - they let you back in :clap:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.