Active Players - Accounts - Forum Accounts : All data here

Discussion in 'General Entropia Universe Discussion' started by McCormick, Aug 9, 2014.

1. Dab

Dab

Everytime use something that causes decay on an item or changes the amount of Peds on your card - it's a transaction. Otherwise the numbers are impossible.

Even if you graciously assume 20000 players a day, they would have to have 1650 "microtransactions" per day each on average.

You gained 2 bottles of sweat - transaction
    You removed your shoes - transaction
    Clicked the crafting machine - transaction
    Partial success! - transaction
    Drop a bomb - transaction
    One click on mining extractor - transaction

• Like Like x 1
  2. For the past 11 hours:
    We've had constantly over 100M calls per hour on the APIs (with a peak of 150 million calls)
    Over 60k people on the streamers, with over 160k open sockets watching over 5 million pair combinations.

3. Droops I don’t understand the technicals that you’re referring to but when you say ‘we’ who are you referring to please?

4. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

I'm assuming Twitch

5. Happy anniversary. Instead of fancy graphics, feel free to read my text.

Next Island Forum - dead (www.nextisland.com/forums/)
    facebook section - dead (except for reuploads of old screenshots) (www.facebook.com/NextIsland/)
    Next Island Mobile Version - dead

Neverdie Forum - dead (https://forum.neverdie.com/)
    (rocktropia section dead as well)

Neverdie VR Forum - dead
    (rocktropia section dead as well)
    Update 2019 : https://vrforums.neverdie.com/forum/rocktropia (still no posts since 2018)

Neverdie.io
    - dead (www.neverdie.io/)
    (all roadmaps died)

toulan forum - seriously, this is waht I call a dead forum (www.toulanforum.com)

Cyrene Forum - vanishing, slow, but sure (www.cyreneforum.com/forums/)

Compet
    - dead (MA announced reboot)

Dragonking.io
    - fully bugged, empty, dead (no more updates, chat died)

AmeVRica
    - the latest ND bullshit...last text about it in july...never any real news anyway...

Not saying the sky is falling, but these things are soon extinct.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. So what if the sky fell?
    Would you be pleased .Raise the glass?
    What would your emotion be?
    Will you say I yold you so?
    Laugh in Mindark's face?
    Will you be truly happy?
    Will your search for what you seek be finally concluded?

7. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

He's trying to say "Wake up MA" - not laugh at them

8. San

San

Looking at activity on the forums alone isn't a suitable gauge, or not anymore. On Cyrene and partly Arkadia I see social interactions shifting from the forums to Discord lately. Rocktropia always had a more lively in-game chat than the rest. It's not so visible as these don't make their records available on the web. I don't know what we're really expecting, though. That Entropia would have become another WoW by now? Or at what state of popularity in between would we be satisfied? At least the company survives, whether we like all of its doings or not. That is an achievement.

9. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

I agree with San that I don't think forum activity alone is a sole gauge to measure by. It's one variable in a bigger calculation, though, and probably the one most easily measured.

10. GeorgeSkywalker

GeorgeSkywalker Explorer

Another measure you can look at is number of times Entropia Pocket has been downloaded. Since many active players will want to protect their accounts that gives a good measure for now.

11. Uh, I would be more then happy to SEE an epic Update, that makes me want to login again...taming anyone ? CLD plots ? Factories ? Partner buildings ? Deeptoken ? IPX ? Mindbank ?
    I would love to SEE the old bosses go...some fresh blood...but please, no more scammers like Mr. Nel...anyway, too late.

As nothing of the above will never happen, for obvious reasons, keeping that many previous fails in mind...I would have no problem with Entropia finally going offline either.

Keep in mind, how many broken promises and repetitive, empty PR-gags we got by now...you cant fully ignore that one, no matter how much you love your ingame shops...Mindark fails at communication, yet each bs phrase they post, still makes some ppl feel almost orgasmic...anyway, no need to repeat all that here.

Would I be happy ? Would I be sad ? Probably both, because a bunch of clowns ruined a gigantic opportunity....more then a dozen times. :'D

Why I would have partly agreed on max. 5k (active) players back in the days...keep in mind, that Mindark would of course never ever fake those always accurate download numbers on the playstore... ;D

12. Regarding communications and advertising:
    Looks like it worked...a lot of happy skulls have joined !

users forums 2019.jpg

13. I added "offline" when its totally gone.
    But just like our polish friends, Neverdie forums or Toulan forum, the "official" Next Island link is a dead forum with close to no new threads.

https://nextisland.com/forums/

14. Tass

Tass Administrator

Just for the sake of historical accuracy: the original official NI forum was nextislandlife.com, nextislandforum.com was an EP creation, nextislandlife broke, the content was transfered to nextislandforum and nextislandforum was made official, when NI development ceased the nextislandforum.dom domain was transfered back to EP/Admin, years later we've merged all nextislandforum content into EP to avoid costs and work for running 2 separate forums one of which was pretty dead anyway. The first bump in user numbers probably came from our merger with 2 other sites which was never officially announced, mainly because the integration of one of the sites isn't completely done yet. Generally no content needs to vanish, we have the means and motivation to save everything and keep it running for much longer than EU will ;) Unfortunately the people in control rarely care about the content contributed by thousands of other people and simply let the sites die.

15. Jesus...what the...ok, thanks for the info. :)

But we can agree, that, no matter which Next Island forum it is, that those are all dead ? :)

16. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

Interesting that EF is finally dead. I never really understood why they continued it after the sale anyhow

17. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

Hoping for twice the money for no effort whatsoever?

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Fact of the day :
    Every 3-7 minutes there is a new spam post on the Compet Forum.
    About 20 per hour. 500 per day. Already 1647 pages filled with spam. :D

compet forum 3 2019.jpg

19. seems they're selling drugs at competforum :lolup:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.