*Adopt a Newbie* - The Newbie List

Discussion in 'Adopt a Newbie Foundation' started by Dalas, Aug 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dalas

Dalas ANF Master & "Death Limited" Healer

Adopt a Newbie program canceled for now

Dear Newbie,

You might be new to Entropia Universe. There is so much to explore and so much to learn. A lot of new people too and it might be difficult to get to know anyone or to know who you can trust as friends and who not. Where to begin ...?

We will help you through the new *Adopt a Newbie* Foundation.

Hopefully you will benefit from this - being a member of a society with friendly, helpful people who can guide you around in the game and teach you the basics and show you how great it is to be a member of the Entropian community!

Agreement (Rules of Conduct) for Newbies:

• After signing up on our list, a society might adopt you for a limited period of 4 weeks.
    • The agreement will be written from here and signed by you.
    • You agree not to scam the society and its members in any way.
    • The *Adopt a Newbie* Foundation will hand your new Soc's Correspondent over a basic starter kit when 1 week of the agreement is ended, and it is the soc leader's responsibility to give it to you.
    • The society is allowed to kick you from society if you do not follow the rules in the society or because of unacceptable behavior - and the Society Correspondent will have to inform the *Adopt a Newbie* Foundation about this - and your name will be deleted from the *Newbies to adopt* list.
    • You can only be adopted once through the *Adopt a Newbie* Foundation.
    • To sign up on our list you have to fill the form shown under this and post your response as a new post in this thread.
    • Our guideline is that newbies should have 15 agility or less (+/-) and to be a Freelancer to sign up on the list. If you have more than this we will make an individual decision based on your time playing and experience.
    • The *Adopt a Newbie* Foundation cannot promise that you will be adopted and are not held responsible for your further journey in a society or in Entropia, although we will try to help as much as possible and to look after you.
    • You should inform the *Adopt a Newbie* Foundation if your social status or agility skills change, or if you wish to be deleted from the *Newbies to be adopted* list for other reasons.
    • Since the *Adopt a Newbie* Foundation is based in EntropiaPlanets.com and all written contact and communication will be held from there, it is vital that you as a newbie are a member of the EntropiaPlanets.com community.
    • As a welcome to the foundation you can find a list of helpful tools in the *Adopt a Newbie* section on EntropiaPlanets.com, all provided by awesome people and organisations within the Entropian community.

We welcome you!

----------------------------------

Copy and paste the points below and post the form in this thread with your information. I (Dalas) will reply in this thread whether you are suitable for the Newbie list. When a society leader contacts me asking to adopt you, you will be contacted with a contract. After you confirm/sign the contract, you will be contacted by the soc leader for further info, where to meet up etc.

The Form - Copy ONLY this and post your personal answers as a reply in this thread.

Home Planet:

Real life location:
    Real life gender:
    Real life age:
    Other Languages:

Entropia join date (or approx):
    Agility:

Notable skills in, or interest for...

Mining:
    Hunting:
    Crafting:

Personal characteristics (keywords about your personality):

What do you seek in the Entropian community:

What kind of help are you hoping to get by joining a society:

How can you help to make this happen:

Find more information in the *Adopt a Newbie* section on Entropiaplanets.com or in the Entropia Planets Wiki page *Adopt a Newbie* Foundation.

Also read about our NEWBIE SOCIETY; an in-world Society created for newbies interested in being invovled with ANF, whether they sign up on our Newbie List or not.

Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Dalas

Available newbies to adopt:

Name (click to see full info)Date of SignupRL LocationAgeStatus
    Mr Grin 4life23.09.11Pennsylvania19Waiting
    Jack Strutter Johnson10.10.11Sweden16Waiting
    Oscuro Oct Ghostium10.12.11Malaysia13Waiting
    Creative Electro DJ30.12.11 Italy 26Waiting
    Wiru "Crimsonkat" Kartas23.01.12US18Waiting
    Fred Bigsmellyfeet Bloggs14.02.12UK42Waiting
    Isiah Lacuna Iluminati10.04.12UK25Waiting
    Carbinosis Carbi Warlock24.05.12Detroit, MI US44Waiting
    Paradox Fermion02.06.12Colorado, USA45Waiting
    Raymond DreawMac Sims29.06.12Albury, Australia21Waiting
    Matthew Gankun Yoshimi02.07.12Virginia18Waiting

Newbies with Contracts to sign:

Name (click to see full info)Date of SignupRL LocationAgeStatus
    Dragos-Alexandru Warloock Costiniu22.09.11Romania24Contract Sent
    Freezy Cassel11.09.11South Florida, U.S.27Contract Sent
    Blood Templar11.09.11Canada45Contract Sent

Successfully adopted newbies:

Name (click to see full info)Date of SignupRLLocationAgeStatus
    Sykes11.02.12 Portugal36Adopted

Last edited: Jul 27, 2012
  3. In game name: Reylas Rey Janus
    In game gender: Male

Real life location: MO, USA
    Real life gender: Male
    Real life age: 28

Agility: 6

Mining: Inept
    Hunting: Newbie
    Crafting: Newbie
    Trading: Newbie

Personal advantages (keywords about your personality): Very fast learner. Willing to do what it takes to succeed in this game.
    What do you seek for in the community/society: Just looking for a little help getting on my feet.

What kind of help are you hoping to get by joining a society: Any help whether purely intellectual or actual in game items would be very appreciated.

What are your own contributions to make this happen: I'm willing to be an absolute team player, and when I become good enough I hope to mentor others some day.

4. Dalas

Welcome Rey!

The first post in my own-created Newbie List :) You are now on the list for adoption.

Thanks for joining us and I hope to be able to PM you soon with an Adoption Contract. Keep your eyes peeled on Entropia Planets Forum because the contract could come at any time!

In the meantime, I firstly recommend joining our Newbie Society through an in-world Society Terminal which can be located in almost any building with terminals. I made a thread about here:

http://www.entropiaplanets.com/forums/adopt-newbie/1710-*adopt-newbie*-newbie-society.html

Also, just have a browse around the Entropia Planets Forum itself and see what's going on.

I hope you enjoy your stay :)

And of course, if you have any questions, don't hesitate to PM me!

• Like Like x 1
  5. ----- Edit ----- Sorry ignore this I found a nice society In-Game :) -----

6. Avatar name: Domen "Osirus" Dread

Real life location: Kansas, United States
    Real life gender: male
    Real life age: 16

Entropia join date (or approx): August 18, 2010
    Agility: 2

Mining: no experience, interested in learning
    Hunting: no experience, interested in learning
    Crafting: no experience, interested in learning

Personal characteristics (keywords about your personality): intuition, reserved, understanding, loyal

What do you seek in the Entropian community: I am seeking to have a good time with friends, face challenges together, have new experiences.

What kind of help are you hoping to get by joining a society: I would love to have a single person or group of people helping me to get on my feat, not so much financially but so I have the knowledge to be able to play without making simple mistakes

How can you help to make this happen: i can get on several times during the week so I can actually be involved in any society events, and I am willing to help any society help me.

7. Dalas

Welcome Domendread!

Just got back from a nice weekend in Bergen, it's nice to come back to a newbie application :)

Keep your eyes on the forum here incase you get your adoption contract PMed through, which could happen at ANY time!

In the meantime, I suggest you browse the threads in this *Adopt a Newbie* forum section and sign up for our Newbie Society in-world.

Hope to be in touch soon with a adoption contract for you!

8. Well the sign up thread for "Adopt a Newbie" is closed so!

I'm gona go ahead and put up my sign up info here, in case anyone's interested in adopting a returning newbie.

In game name: Ravion Storm Attilas
    In game gender: Male

Real life location: West Coast, US (You can find out the state later.. Unless it's REALLY an issue.)
    Real life gender: Manly Man.
    Real life age: 20

Join date: Not entirely sure where to find this info but... I was in the Project Entropia Universe.. played that for a week... and my current account I'm sure it's from 2006-2008. Around there. But I only played for about a week too. Couldn't find a Society to help me out or many friends interested in the game to keep me in.

Agility: 3

Mining: 1 mining but.. I have 6 drilling.. Not entirely sure what the differance is or which is better. But that's what I'm here for!
    Hunting: 1 in all weapon skills... Still very interested in this though.
    Crafting: 1 Kinda curious about it but I hear it's expensive.
    Trading: I'm totally clueless on this one.

Personal advantages (keywords about your personality): Fast Learner, Easy to get along with. Tacticool.
    What do you seek for in the community/society: At the moment, just people to show me the ropes in mining, hunting and trading. Other than that... Cool people are always a plus. Makes things easier to get along with them.

What kind of help are you hoping to get by joining a society: Well it would be wonderful to get some equipment and PED but... Just pointing me in the general direction would be awesome.

What are your own contributions to make this happen: I can be on almost daily for long amounts of time... And I'm a fast learner so.. I won't be too much of a hassle. Plus once I have a good enough idea I'm sure I can make up the cost of newbie gear and the like... Yeah... <3

So if anyone's interested!... Feel free to PM me or hit me up in game. Thanks <3

9. Lykke TheNun

Lykke TheNun Lootius bless you all!

Well the sign up thread for "Adopt a Newbie" is closed so!

Hey Reiken. You must have looked in the old Adopt a Newbie thread made by me :) When Dalas took over the foundation, he created this new thread for the newcomers to sign up in - because he could not edit my posts with the tables.

I moved your post into the correct thread.

Good luck :)
    Lykke

10. In game name: Madison MadiBaby Baker
    In game gender: Female

Real life location: USA – South Carolina
    Real life gender: Female
    Real life age: 31

Agility: 1

Mining: 10
    Hunting: 0
    Crafting: 0
    Trading: 0

Personal advantages (keywords about your personality):

I love to laugh and have a good time, but I know when it’s time to listen and learn.
    I’m pretty competitive and enjoy a challenge.
    What do you seek for in the community/society: Entropia seems to be a new and exciting platform for me to learn in, I hope to climb the ropes and be the best I can be! It wouldn’t hurt to make a friend or two or three or more along the way J Learning the social system would be nice too.

What kind of help are you hoping to get by joining a society: I’d love to be able to learn how to travel and move to different locations, hot keys, and buying another gun! I also need to learn how to gather sweat I believe...but I may give that a go today.

What are your own contributions to make this happen: I think based on my gaming background I’ll be a quick learner. I’ve read many parts of the forum so far as well.

Thanks for considering me!!!

11. Dalas

Oooh, welcome Reiken and Madison! Thanks for joining us :)

You have both been added to the Newbie List! Sorry it took a little while, I had some problems with the table (it was being weird) so Lykke came to save the day with her uber forum skills!

Anyway guys, feel free to mope around this forum area and check out what's going on in Entropia. Also, of course, feel free to join our Newbie Society through an in-world Society Terminal which can be located in almost any building with terminals. I made a thread about the society here:

http://www.entropiaplanets.com/forums/adopt-newbie/1710-*adopt-newbie*-newbie-society.html

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask :)

12. Avatar name: Kyle Kyle Jones

Real life location: UK
    Real life age: 18

Entropia join date (or approx): 5th sept 2010
    Agility: 9

Mining: Interested, no experience
    Hunting: Interested, little experience
    Crafting: Interested, no experience

Personal characteristics (keywords about your personality): Quick/willing to learn, work well in a group, friendly

What do you seek in the Entropian community: I hope to be able to have an enjoyable experience within Entropia.

What kind of help are you hoping to get by joining a society: I am hoping that by joining the society I would meet other players and be able to make some new friends while having fun.

How can you help to make this happen: I would be an active member in the society and help wherever possible.

13. Dalas

Welcome Kyle :)

Seems like you're pretty sensible at 18 already, a good selling point for adopting societies who, consciously or not, judge partly by age ;) also nice to see another British guy :)

Of course, you are free to join our Newbie Society linked here: http://www.entropiaplanets.com/forums/adopt-newbie/1710-*adopt-newbie*-newbie-society.html

Have a good one and please ask if you have any questions (or just feel a bit like a chat :)).

Dalas :afro:

14. Avatar name: Erdillian

Real life location: France
    Real life age: 20

Entropia join date (or approx):
    A long long time ago, but i didn't really play so far. So, i guess yesterday (10, Sept 2010)
    Agility: 2

Mining:
    No experience, interested in learning.
    Hunting: No experience, interested in learning.
    Crafting: No experience, interested in learning.

Personal characteristics : Always in a good mood, fast learner, theorycrafter

What do you seek in the Entropian community:
    Peoples to get along with, I just wanna make my way on this game and try to understand it mechanics

What kind of help are you hoping to get by joining a society: Learning the basics that i can't find in guides and a relation's web.

How can you help to make this happen: If i learn how to (realy) play fast, I will be for sure a good member of any society. I've been in the largest MMORPG french community, i know how the things work :)

15. Dalas

A warm welcome to you Erdillian :)

Nice to see a new French applicant, they seem quite rare. Nice to see you re-joining Entropia too, let's hope it goes much better than last time!

Make yourself at home here in the Entropia Planets Forum and ask our community here any questions you have. They'll be glad to help out. You are also welcome to join the Newbie Society we have set up for those newbies waiting on our list. Read more about that here: http://www.entropiaplanets.com/forums/adopt-newbie/1710-*adopt-newbie*-newbie-society.html

Have a great time and don't be afraid to PM me if you have any questions. Hope to be sending you an Adoption contract soon!

16. Avatar name: Nemerizt

Real life location: California
    Real life gender: T (M to F)
    Real life age: 24

Entropia join date (or approx): A few months back, have been playing off and on.
    Agility: 33, I went off and killed snablesnots for quite a while.

Mining: Yes
    Hunting: Somewhat I have used a powerfist for a while.
    Crafting: Eventually

Personal characteristics (keywords about your personality): I am a nice, fun and honest person. I don't get angered or annoyed easily. Quick to learn as well.

What do you seek in the Entropian community: An active and sociable community where I can talk and get to know people in the game. Also to hopefully be able to do fun things with a group of people.

What kind of help are you hoping to get by joining a society: Mainly I just want to become a part of a community. I am not really a newbie anymore because I have been playing by myself more or less for a while. I don't need any starter kit or anything and I know how to sweat, teleport, mine and hunt. Pointers are always welcome of course.

How can you help to make this happen: I am going to be quite active in playing. I will try to be an active participant in any society that takes me in.

17. Dalas

Hi Nemerizt and welcome to ANF!

After reading your post, what came to mind was that you could either go ahead and get adopted, or...

Join our Newbie Society to build the numbers there and strengthen the society. What's needed there are more "guides" to keep the newbies involved and chat with them when they log in. I suggest this because your Agility is pretty high and you seem like you have a handle on at least hunting (and know something about mining judging by your "Yes").

Of course you are absolutely free to choose adoption or helping out in the Newbie Society, just let me know!

18. I can at the very least join the newbie foundation to try it out. As for Mining, I don't actually know that much about it. I tried it but ended up losing all the money I had gathered up very quickly. With fighting at least I figured out how to more or less stay even in how much money I had.

I guess if you could put me on the list for now that would be good. If I find I like it just staying in the newbie foundation you can always take me off the list. ^_^

19. Tol

Tol

Real life location:Canada
    Real life gender:Male
    Real life age:16

Entropia join date (or approx): September 14th
    Agility:

Mining: small interest in mining, not really something i want to get into.
    Hunting: interested in hunting the most. Done a little bit of it.
    Crafting: also interested in crafting

Personal characteristics (keywords about your personality):Im a friendly and easy going guy. easy to talk to.

What do you seek in the Entropian community:Friends and fun mostly. But anything i can get will be worth it :P

What kind of help are you hoping to get by joining a society:Help getting started and shown around. Mabey help getting items and where to make money.

How can you help to make this happen: Im willing to learn anything I can, i can take critisism well.

20. Dalas,

Just letting you know we ended up picking Tol up after a chance encounter at Port Atlantis and Sweat Camp.

-MR

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.