*Adopt a Newbie* - The Newbie List

Discussion in 'Adopt a Newbie Foundation' started by Dalas, Aug 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Form - Copy ONLY this and post your personal answers as a reply in this thread.

Avatar name: Isiah Lacuna Iluminati

Home Planet: Calypso

Real life location: UK
    Real life gender: Male
    Real life age: 25
    Other Languages:

Entropia join date (or approx): 06/04/2012
    Agility: 14

Notable skills in, or interest for...

Mining: newbie 1 point.
    Hunting: relative newbie done a bit of 'swunting' read a few guides got a few points in hand guns/rifle/power fist and the like.
    Crafting: newbie

Interested in all aspects of the game, been sweating and hunting. Little or no experience in mining or crafting as yet.
    I'd especially like to get into crafting and trading, fulfilled similar roles in other mmos

Personal characteristics (keywords about your personality):
    curious, social, loyal, funny,

What do you seek in the Entropian community:
    a friendly environment, a group that allows me to experience what the game has to offer.

What kind of help are you hoping to get by joining a society:
    A casual environment that can allow me to learn the ropes, whether that be as part of a large group of newbies or on a smaller scale is fine by me, I want to participate as much as possible whilst getting to grips with Entropia.

How can you help to make this happen:
    I'm prepared to be an active member of any suitable society, I want to help others as much as possible, I enjoy taking part in society events big or small, or learning as much as I can about the (seemingly deep) nature of the game.

----------------------------------
    Find more information in the *Adopt a Newbie* section on Entropiaplanets.com or in the Entropia Planets Wiki page *Adopt a Newbie* Foundation.

Also read about our NEWBIE SOCIETY; an in-world Society created for newbies interested in being invovled with ANF, whether they sign up on our Newbie List or not.[/quote]

2. Avatar name: Carbinosis Carbi Warlock

Real life location: Detroit, MI US
    Real life age: 44
    Other Languages:

Entropia join date (or approx): Rejoin May 15, 2012
    Agility: 1

Mining: 0
    Hunting: 0
    Crafting: 0

Team player and I am willing to do what needs to be done.
    A social community where I can meet new people and eventually help new comers to the game
    A starting boost, so that I can get deeper into the game
    I'm willing to do what I need to get the job done

3. Avatar name: Paradox Fermion

Real life location: Colorado, USA
    Real life age: 45
    Other Languages: English only

Entropia join date (or approx): 2008 for only couple of weeks, giving EU another try
    Agility: 10

Mining:
    Interested in mining if eco not too bad, like to combine with hunting.
    Have had a few claims so far.

Hunting:
    Interested in eco-friendly hunting, especially team hunts. Considering
    specializing in healing for team mob runs (and PvP?) as well.

Crafting:
    Perhaps down the road when I have more ped in the bank :)

• Easy-going, like meeting new people, helpful, with a touch of PvP bloodlust.
    • Thrive on challenge and using tactics / strategy to succeed.
    • Active in Eve Online for over 4 years, burned out of Second Life.
    • More into content and substance vs. flash and status.
    • Avid science fiction fan.

• Friendly, mature, fun-loving members that are actively advancing in the game.
    • Low cost, quality entertainment.
    • Ongoing investment in the game and its content.

-Am retired with limited gaming funds (but lots of gaming time),
    so would like to at least break even such that I don't need to deposit much.
    Realize this might take some time,
    would like to learn from EU veterans some possible approaches.

-MMOs are always better in teams, so hoping to find group that likes to team
    up often and holds frequent events.

-Like to use voice comms (TS, Mumble, Vent) and out of game tools
    such as wikis, forums, Jabber, etc.

• Could help administer forums/wikis/comms etc.
    • Help in recruiting efforts.
    • Bring experience from Eve and other MMOs regarding 3rd party tools.
    • Have decent software dev skills if opportunity arises.

4. Ray

Ray

Avatar name: Raymond DreawMac Sims

Real life location: Albury, Australia
    Real life age: 21
    Other Languages:

Entropia join date (or approx): 20/06/2012
    Agility: 7

Mining: minor want to learn
    Hunting: minor also want to learn
    Crafting: not really interested

Personal characteristics (keywords about your personality): good social skills , good friend always read to help

What do you seek in the Entropian community: to have fun, make some new friends and maybe a little profit

What kind of help are you hoping to get by joining a society: learning how the game works make friends enter events with my friends

How can you help to make this happen: im on all week all day most of the time and i can deposit every fortnight and im willing to learn and also a hardcore gamer

5. The Form - Copy ONLY this and post your personal answers as a reply in this thread.

Avatar name: Matthew Gankun Yoshimi

Home Planet:Calypso

Real life location: Virginia
    Real life gender: M
    Real life age: 18
    Other Languages: Japanese

Entropia join date (or approx): 6/29/12 (I actually made an account a bit over a year ago, but stopped at the first tutorial as my computer couldn't handle it well.)
    Agility: 2

Mining: Would like to learn
    Hunting: Interested in
    Crafting: Wouldn't mind learning

Kinda quiet, but dedicated, determined, and always interested in learning about the "math," enjoys learning how things function

Joining a good community with helpful, friendly people. Being able to enjoy the game with guidance along the way.

Some guidance on some of the smaller details, how societies, trading works. Suggestions to improve efficiency, tips on how to play better. Heavy criticism to learn.

By taking notes of the information and working to improve on the faults while still experimenting to find out what works for me and what doesn't

6. Avatar name: Arctotherium Sjin Guard

Home Planet: Cyrene

Real life location: New Zealand
    Real life age: 23
    Other Languages: None.

Entropia join date (or approx): 04/09/2012
    Agility: 1

I am new to this game and do not yet know the dirrection I will want to take. Off-the-bat, I would say that crafting will probably catch my interest the most.

What do you seek in the Entropian community: Games tend to be alot more fun, and less tedious, when played with others: I would like to develop a small in-game social group with which to participate in my chosen activities.

What kind of help are you hoping to get by joining a society: Just looking for some help starting in, and understanding the dynamics of, the game.

How can you help to make this happen: I am a quick learner and am willing to take the lead and organise if needed. Being on planet Cyrene, I have yet to actually see another player, so applying here is probably the biggest thing I can do at this point to

7. The Form - Copy ONLY this and post your personal answers as a reply in this thread.

Avatar name: Syrennia Syr Madigan

Real life location: Florida, USA
    Real life age: 16 going on 17 this Nov.
    Other Languages: N/A

Entropia join date (or approx): September 2012
    Agility: 5

Right now I haven't the faintest idea of what I would like to pursue as I am not a depositor because I just started my 1st year of college and my 3rd year of High School, time is not on my side most of the time. I am hoping that I can sink more time into this while doing well in my classes late in the school year.

Personal characteristics (keywords about your personality): I am easy to get along with and do my best to stay open minded. My true downfall is that I stay quiet a lot.

What do you seek in the Entropian community: To make this learning process all the more fun and all the less tedious and boring by having others there to talk to. Being a loner is not fun by my personal experience.

What kind of help are you hoping to get by joining a society: Help of any kind would be welcome to me; tips, moral support and the like.

How can you help to make this happen: Like I said I am open to learning different techniques to various activities and I am easy to get along with. The only problem you might have with me is just my quietness but that tends to dissipate with time.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2012
  8. Avatar name: Aeuon Aeu Ziolin

Home Planet: Calypso? i guess

Real life location: VA
    Real life age: 29
    Other Languages: Just english

Entropia join date (or approx): 10-27-12
    Agility: Rank - Points 3

Mining: I guess i could go for it a little bit someday so i can craft using its resources.
    Hunting: Killed a few mobs but again not sure where i can find the stat for it on my avatar, any way once i get some PED im going to go on a killin spree to earn some good money.
    Crafting: Cant find that stat but im sure its real low. Interested in making stuff eventually see how i like it. I like the idea of making stuff but we will see i guess.

Pressed K to bring up stats for avatar but cant find any of those specific stats if thats what you wanted but im sure its real low since i recently joined the game.

Personal characteristics (keywords about your personality): Curious personality, Helpful person, Not sure what to add on that.

What do you seek in the Entropian community: Guidance? Couple of friends maybe, I am not sure.

What kind of help are you hoping to get by joining a society: Direction on how to proceed, someone to sell my sweat to for a fair price so i can buy some ammo go hunting earn PED a little faster selling the drops. Maybe some free ammo or something?

How can you help to make this happen: Willing to listen to advice when its given and consider my options hoping to help out a little bit to give back on the help i receive.

9. RAZER

RAZER Custom title ... uh ...

I see there is not much reaction in this forum to the newbies applying. This is because this thread is not managed that much anymore by Dalas, however the society always has some people online, so if you apply to the soc in the society terminal, we will try to help you out as much as we can.

10. Avatar name: Sylvanashari

Home Planet: Earth

Real life location: America
    Real life age:20
    Other Languages: None

Entropia join date (or approx): 11/17/2012
    Agility:1

Mining: Newbie, Interested
    Hunting: Newbie, Interested
    Crafting: Newbie

I'm a sarcastic guy and I play games for the fun of it. This game /really/ excites me, but it doesn't take away from the fact I may be sarcastic or goof off when the time is appropriate.

Games like this have a steep learning curve. I want to take the bull by the horns, but I don't want to get whooped doing such, so I would like a little help with the reigns

I am literally filling this out in the process of downloading all of the game's content. I'm a fresh starter, and I'm looking for a society to really make an imprint on me that this is a good game.
    I'm willing to work however I need to in order to become a productive member of this game and its economy all the while providing a fun playing atmosphere for those I interact with.

11. The above is null and void. I couldn't find an edit option so I'll resubmit

Avatar name: Trevor Tanner Collier

Home Planet: ?

Real life location: America
    Real life age:20
    Other Languages:N/A

Entropia join date (or approx):
    Agility:1

Mining: Newbie, Interested
    Hunting: Newbie, Interested
    Crafting: Newbie

I'm a sarcastic guy and I play games for the fun of it. This game /really/ excites me, but it doesn't take away from the fact I may be sarcastic or goof off when the time is appropriate.

Games like this have a steep learning curve. I want to take the bull by the horns, but I don't want to get whooped doing such, so I would like a little help with the reigns

I am literally filling this out in the process of downloading all of the game's content. I'm a fresh starter, and I'm looking for a society to really make an imprint on me that this is a good game.

I'm willing to work however I need to in order to become a productive member of this game and its economy all the while providing a fun playing atmosphere for those I interact with.

12. I think I'm doing a first here, but I and my wife are starting the game and looking for a society. So I will add both our applications here and hope we can be selected together into a good society.

-Avatar name:Paul "ShadowGar" Rocco

-Home Planet: Calypso

-Real life location:Pennsylvania
    -Real life gender:Male
    -Real life age:29
    -Other Languages:Just English

-Entropia join date (or approx):12/02/2012
    -Agility:2 Points?

-Notable skills in, or interest for...

-Mining:Yes
    -Hunting:Yes
    -Crafting:Yes
    AND
    -Avatar name:Jennifer "Jayla" Rocco

-Home Planet: Calypso

-Real life location:Pennsylvania
    -Real life gender:Female
    -Real life age:26
    -Other Languages:Just English

-Entropia join date (or approx):12/02/2012
    -Agility:1 Points?

-Notable skills in, or interest for...

-Mining:Yes
    -Hunting:Yes
    -Crafting:Yes

Personal characteristics (keywords about your personality): I am currently working in Law Enforcement as an officer in my state and a addicted gamer. I game to release and really enjoy it. I am very laid back and coming from my real life experiences I am adaptable to many types of people. My main off-time spending is gaming with my wife and its already hard to find games we both like, and somehow we both like this game. My wife is a stay at home mom,"getting back surgery dec.10th" so she really needs to find something to keep her busy and mind off the pain. She is not as laid back but has a huge attention to detail thing thats annoying but comes in handy..haha *coughs*

What do you seek in the Entropian community: To find our spots and join in on the fun.

What kind of help are you hoping to get by joining a society: Advice, good advice. We both realized after hours of playing that we were getting nowhere and it wasn't that enjoyable mostly because we really don't know what to do. If we had goals and things to do other then chat, we would be peachy. We don't expect hand outs. But it would be nice to be included in a society that is active and wants to bring in new people to boost and help push them to becoming good members.

How can you help to make this happen:I'm currently working 3 days a week and my wife is a housewife, so we have time if people are willing to spend it with us. We do really well as a team and I know we would be a good addition to any society. In other games we are in guilds and Gaming Orgs, so we are not strangers to this thing, just a stranger to the game.

Cheers all and thank you for reading my babble! :)

13. Avatar name: denilson denisam sam

Home Planet: Arkadia

Real life location: Brasil
    Real life gender: masc
    Real life age: 40
    Other Languages: Portugues , poor english

Entropia join date (or approx): 11/2012
    Agility:

Mining:
    Hunting:
    Crafting: i can craft itens.

What do you seek in the Entropian community: fun

first i can locate people can talk in portuguese language and second help to play a game

14. Avatar name: Silfrvarg

Real life location: Australia
    Real life gender: Female
    Real life age: 21
    Other Languages: None

Entropia join date (or approx): 15th January, 2013
    Agility: 1 point

Mining: 4 points drilling, 12 points geology, 1 point everything else. When I have more probes I want to try this again.
    Hunting: 4 aim, 2 combat reflexes, 22 handgun, 25 rifle, , 6 support weapon systems and 11 weapons handling. I am currently out of ammo but I like hunting a lot.
    Crafting: None yet but I want to try tailoring so I can make clothes.

What do you seek in the Entropian community: Fun, something to do all day, and if I make enough to support my playing I'll be happy with it. If I happen to make 20 bucks here and there I'll be even happier.

What kind of help are you hoping to get by joining a society: Maybe some help exploring the map and hunting, contacts to sell sweat too, people to ask for directions and information from. Also socializing.

How can you help this to happen: Talking to other members and listening to what they have to say. I'm reasonably social in games like this, so that shouldn't be a problem.

15. Tass

Tass Administrator

Welcome! If you have not done yet and have access to a Society terminal you might also want to join the ANF Society in game.

There's a little tutorial about how to join a society: http://www.entropiaplanets.com/wiki/Joining_a_Society.

16. Avatar name: Chris Onobes Ae

Home Planet: Arkadia

Real life location: USA, NY
    Real life gender: M
    Real life age: 16
    Other Languages: Slightly Korean, a little more of Japanese, English

Entropia join date (or approx): 1 week (?)
    Agility: 8 points

Mining: Interested
    Hunting: Interested
    Crafting: 3rd priority

Personal characteristics (keywords about your personality): In-game: concentrated, single-tasking. Generally: talkative, humorous, open, understanding, forgiving. I like to stand out

What do you seek in the Entropian community: Humor and enthusiasm.

What kind of help are you hoping to get by joining a society: Support to leap over the first big obstacle, and possibly even more.

How can you help to make this happen: Dedication to the game. Working hard and being diligent. Doing whatever I can to help myself, and receiving whatever help I can get from my fellow players

• Like Like x 1
  17. RAZER

18. The Form - Copy ONLY this and post your personal answers as a reply in this thread.

Avatar name: Lindgart "Coordinator" Adjer

Real life location:Brazil, Curitiba-PR
    Real life gender:Male
    Real life age:35
    Other Languages:Portuguese, Spanish

Entropia join date (or approx):12/05/2013
    Agility:

Mining:rudimentary, I want to develop it.
    Hunting:rudimentary, I want to develop it.
    Crafting:rudimentary, I want to develop it.

Team player, community minded, active, patient.

To make friends and also healthy business partners with those more inclined that way. To be part of something and helping to make history in the game.

Time saving information. I hope to benefit fro mthose who had already learned how to d othings so I can pass it along after I have learned. I understand one of challenges in any community is to keep new players interested and I want to learn how to do so.
    I must be hoenst and say that the starters pack thing interested me and I' mwilling to do work for it.

Working, helping, being true to those who trust me.

19. The Form - Copy ONLY this and post your personal answers as a reply in this thread.

Avatar name: Alejandro Ale Madera

Real life location:Anoka, MN, USA
    Real life gender:Male
    Real life age:19
    Other Languages:very small amount of Spanish and French.

Entropia join date (or approx):5/19/2013
    Agility: 4

Mining: secondary interest
    Hunting: secondary interest
    Crafting: main interest

Team player, Strong desire to help others, active, patient.

I want to have fun and meet new people.

Information and if at all possible some help from experienced members getting started. I want to help the society I join, just as i hope that they will help me.

being trustworthy, being active, and most of all returning the favor when I can.

20. RAZER

Hi there and welcome.

To be honest the idea we had when starting this society is not really what we are doing these days. But the society itself is growing pretty well, so you are very welcome to join and learn the game. There are helpful people in the soc to tell you all about the game.

There's a little tutorial about how to join a society: http://www.entropiaplanets.com/wiki/Joining_a_Society.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.