Akbar has left the (PCF) building

Discussion in 'General Entropia Universe Discussion' started by McCormick, Dec 6, 2014.

1. so is he coming here? :)

2. sissi

sissi sissi

Hopefully he will join here, my only reason for not spending much time here is cause of low user count :( may be more people will migrate here now, especially if he brings the bestiary here.

3. Tass

Tass Administrator

Our version of bestiary is almost done, it's currently still in a hidden area of the forum... But I'd be happy with Akbar taking over.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. MindStar9

MindStar9 Floating in Space

I managed to click on your link just in time McC, because Akbar's thread has completely been deleted (not closed, but deleted). However, I copied his full message, along with the graphics for posterity because I knew that the thread would disappear in a heart beat.

I hope Akbar comes here too and works with the EP staff to help build the beastiary because he's done a lot of hard work with that effort, along with his Akbar Travels to help promote the game. His bubble text comics are great too, so I'm hoping he at least kept a copy of everything.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Tass

Tass Administrator

Let me just add: you don't need to be an "outlaw" to join EntropiaPlanets, lol. It's for everyone and I hope we can increase the quality of content, number of posts, etc slowly but surely. ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. MindStar9

I'm a verbal outlaw, is that ok? :tongueout:

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Nor Alien

Nor Alien Wisker Fish

:EP::alcohol:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hussked Hussked x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. I am to late again to read the good stuff, as Mindstar mentioned, topic is gone to oblivion!

9. when doing stuff like that, or cross posting links here from pcf or any other place, it's probably a good idea to throw the url in to the way back machine before deletions of this type happen, etc. I've started heavily relying on it for this kinda thing a lot more these days, but have been using way back machine for this type of thing over decade... You go to https://archive.org/web/ copy url in to the space, hit browse history. If no one has done it before for that particular url it'll give you option to save url to the archives...

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. MindStar9

Not sure it would be appropriate, but if McC or the EP staff want a copy of the post by Akbar, I'm willing to pass it over to them, then they can do what they want with it.

11. MindStar9

I'll keep that in mind, thanks.

12. For all who missed it:

<original content removed since it was really a border case of violating EntropiaPlanets guidelines and the original creator has agreed to it being removed - Tass>

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2014
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. RAZER

RAZER Custom title ... uh ...

thanx for not posting that last image Oz, that was maybe a bit to much :)

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. Nor Alien

Nor Alien Wisker Fish

:sad2:

15. I'm sorry Akbar was annoyed enough to leave PCF. I understand some don't like the way Serica moderates but that post was very rude and it was entirely appropriate that it got deleted.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. After so many years (and pms) it became personal, I can understand that. Ofc you can just leave a forum without venting your true feelings about it, but I think future generations should also be well aware about PCF and its scheming.

In the end it its all about the way PCF is beeing moderated.
    Pictures were only used as illustration, for those, that still dont get it. (and probably never understand)
    PCF lost its charme long ago and was always ran by dirty scammers. Scammers we looked up to. Scammers we trusted. Starting with MindBuster, still asking for donations after forum got already sold (to neovixen), ending with Neovixens cybersquatting cases (guilty in 20+ cases) and heavy moderation issues. ("they" call it experience on activeideas.com, lol)
    And still people are licking for the nectar dropping out of neovixens a$$, calling us whiners. FUMA!

Seeing Akbar that angry and dissapointed, doesnt mean he just had a bad day or bad loot.

Akbar has done a lot(!) of great and hard work over the years. He has my deepest respect as well. And thats what one could as well read in those comments, that made it in before the complete deletion.

Im glad I no longer have to visit PCF to check Bestiary and Akbars travels. Maybe he will visit us here one day, hopefully continuing his awesome work.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Tass

Tass Administrator

I guess we all agree that some passages in Akbar's original post are clearly unacceptable.

I'm undecided whether these parts should be removed from OZtwo's repost or not. On the one hand they are unacceptable on the other hand the repost is not addressing someone personally but a matter of documentation.

Any opinions? Do we have to adjust the guidelines?

18. sissi

sissi sissi

By all means NO!

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

Oh dear... sad to see another person alienated. I guess the great forum migration cycle is happening again. Now would be a really funny time to be able to resurrect the Entropia Pioneers forum here*, just for the sheer irony of people migrating back from EF to EP when once upon a time it was the other way around.

I hope we see Akbar here in the future.

Wistrel
    *(alas I keep trying but always met with silence or "I'm still too busy to help").

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.