Akbar has left the (PCF) building

Discussion in 'General Entropia Universe Discussion' started by McCormick, Dec 6, 2014.

1. pcf sux. Nothing there. This one the main forum for pirates. Most there been banned for no reason and this forum more pleasant.

Just hope pcf not be hosted anymore on mindarks servers and it will cause less lag due to fagots forum.

No need multiple entropia forums . This one fine enough.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  2. RAZER

RAZER Custom title ... uh ...

...and don't forget the "we all love Spawn" forum :)

But yeah everyone is welcome and if people keep it civilized I'm sure it can be a good place for everyone.

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. sissi

sissi sissi

and for the more mature people and not the keyboard brats.....

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Knowing I can be a hot head I’ve been trying lately to moderate myself and how I respond to thing so I’ve purposely taken some time to think over all the thing I have to say on the matter. (Not that anyone cares...but whatever...it's a forum. :P )
    First off welcome to Akbar, you've done a lot for the community and I’m sure you'll find yourself at home here as community involvement is prized here. Obviously your arrival has some very excited.
    I wish I could be as excited. I would have been, before the recent events at PCF. For the first time since I joined EP i'm pretty disgusted at some of the things I've read here the last few days.
    Before I continue, full disclosure. I was in AA for years and I once considered Serica one of my friends in EU, although I did not leave AA on good terms and haven't really spoken to anyone in AA for probably close to a year. I know Serica to be the most trustworthy person I have ever known. I've seen some accusations hurled at her like being paid etc....bullshit. Back when she took the job and we were still speaking she reluctantly took the thankless job to help make what she hoped would be a positive contribution to the EU community.
    Was she a bit quick on the draw sometimes, yes. But to be fair, JC, who imo is the best mod EF, PCF ever had, also had a lot of help from many others back in the day, before he became “johnny on the spot” and basically alone. Serica had very little training time before she was left alone to be the sole mod. Serica try's to find the positive side and hates negative vibes , including negativity on the forum....I know from experience. ;) The rules are clearly laid out on PCF and if you hate the rules aim that at 711...the mods don't make the rules they enforce them.
    I've been most surprised, and disappointed by Mindstar to be honest, who I consider a friend. For Mindstar to cheer what Akbar did was quite frankly sad to me. Mindstar, you of all people should know what that spot is like...and what it felt like when it was done to you.
    I have my own issues with PCF...I also had myself de-activated....but I did it with a pm to 711...no drama.
    As others before him, if Akbar was unhappy with the moderation he received , he could have left without the drama...but this situation is what he wanted...a grand exit and attention. Sadly, at the end of the day his tantrum means nothing and says more about him than anyone involved at PCF. His vandalism of the forum he created can be restored with a few clicks if 711 chooses. His vicious post and his disgusting photoshop say more about the person that made them than the person they were aimed at.
    Serica is not perfect, nor was JC or anyone before him or anyone that will succeed her. Serica still deserves respect for being one of the very few to actually be willing to do it.
    The rest of you can cheer if you like, but I find cheering one person for abuse on another pretty repulsive.
    I think a few apologies are owed.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. MindStar9

MindStar9 Floating in Space

I think you mistook my explaining what Akbar's behavior was with his post at PCF to condoning his actions, which I do not in any way whatsoever. You know me well enough to know that I would never behave in this manner, no matter what my level of frustration was, nor support anyone who exhibited this type of behavior. My posting at any of the forums since 2005 will show that.

What I did support however, is getting the Bestiary back up and working here at EP if it's an option, and commended Akbar on the enormous amount of work he had done with it. A person isn't all bad or all good, we are splendidly IM-perfect and each of us has room for improvement.

I graciously welcomed Akbar to this forum, but I also know that the staff here has a handle on the content that is posted, and while the guidelines are much more lenient, it doesn't mean that people will get away with types of behavior and posting that is not amenable to building and supporting this community. Therefore, I have full trust in the EP staff to monitor things accordingly.

I think Serica does the best she can as a moderator under the circumstances, but many have disagreed with her practices despite what the rules say, and ... even when I was a moderator, we were always told that there is "flexibility" in how decisions are made with regard to how moderating is done. You can have the same circumstances in two or more cases, and they won't be handled the same way, so ... there is not consistency in that respect, and I think that causes issues as well.

I had my challenges at EF/PCF and considered both Serica and JC long-time friends, but I think there's some kind of VooDoo going on at that forum because things get crazy now and then. :tongueout: Some things I understand, and some things I just can't wrap my head around.

Your long-time thoughts about me Steve are correct, and I'm sorry that you mistook my posts here as supporting Akbar's behavior in how he attacked Serica, and the thread he created that was deleted (which it should have been), because I don't. I have always been constructive no matter what the circumstances, and ... no matter how many times I just wanted to tell someone to f*ck-off, I didn't, because I think I'm capable enough to say what I need to say with words that convey my position, and be just as sharp as a Ginsu to get my point across.

You have always been a supporter of my writing and my work within this community, and I hope that it will continue, because it means a lot.

Perhaps I should have been more clear in my message beyond a gracious welcome to this forum and support of Akbar's hard work in developing the Bestiary. I will always support efforts that are beneficial to the community, but never unacceptable behavior, and the way he left PCF certainly wasn't acceptable.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2014
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.