Armor types against mobs.

Discussion in 'Next Island community' started by CodeMonkey, Dec 11, 2010.

1. dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

2. Ice Drakes seem to do cold damage. My suit of Orca +5b is enough to take most damage instances down to 2-5 hp, though the providers seem capable of doing more, to the tune of 20 points average through this setup.

The Boars and Papoo you can evade if you have a decent skill level. Theres really no need for armor there.

Skeletons seem to do Cut/Penetration, a suit of Martial + 5B gives more than enough survivability for the lower end skeletons all the way up to Cabin Boy. Boatswain and higher will reduce you to mush with this setup though. I was easily taking normal damage hits in excess of 120 points.

As an aside, dont try meleeing the drakes. You can do it. The terrain will let you hop up on it to their height. But the drakes seem to get stuck on terrain pieces. You never end up with 1 as a result if you try to melee. Usually 4+.

3. coo thanks for the info

4. bit of necroing here but can say fire drake prowler/stalker is doable in martial, martial is also more than enough for all types of monkeys and boars, the biggest buccaneer skeletons and most pirate skeletons(up to gunners, masters, sea artists...). island sharks and ice drakes also doable in martial. avoid death and storm drakes, great white sharks and space skeletons

5. How are the pirate skeletons doable in martial? Am I missing something? Ive been bitchslapped normal damage from them through martial + 5B in excess of 200 points... 1 hit! I can take the lower level ones with ease, but when I get up to bosun, quartermaster, etc its completely hopeless.

6. narfi

narfi Lost

I should be showing up sometime tomorow. Wont have any (L) armor, just gremlin and assorted plates. (2a, 3a, 4c, 5b, 6a) What would the best solo mobs be with this set up for an H400, what would be good for an apis?

Thanks,

narfi

7. Most of the mobs are low damage high HP, so you'd better bring an assortment of H400's now that the markup on them has fallen significantly. And tons of ammo :D

8. Read more carefully:P "said up to" there is a huge damage different between quartermaster and the maturities below it...donno the exact order of things but boatswain, first mate, quartermaster and captain are too hard for low armors with sea artist in between boatswain and first mate but having a lot less damage

9. for some reason that post made me think of village boar stalkers, they hit for 50 points of damage, but have low hp and can easily be taken down with opalo :)
    for a mob that does 50 points of damage their loot is very low though ^^

10. Each mobs loot potential is more closely related to their health than the damage. That is on TT value at least. What Planet Partners can do to make them more appealing is an interesting discussion but for another thread ;)

11. yes i know damage doesnt really matter when it comes to what loot they give, just saying i have never met a mob before that hit that hard and still only give 3-4 pec loot :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.