Article: Quests After June

Discussion in 'Next Island News & Information' started by Meg, May 20, 2011.

1. Meg

Meg Next Island : Game Content Designer

2. red

red

on to the future, or the past as it may be.

3. Might sound radical, but it's a step in the right direction.
    Pity i need to spread more +rep first, i really appreciate being told beforehand that there is a time limit on the current missions.

P.S. It would be cool though if you didn't just exile Sebastian. How about putting him in a hut or a tiki bar mumbling about the good old times? This way we can already start making NI history.

4. red

red

sebastian was kind of mean, manny. he liked to call new islanders "noob"s. I didn't think that was very nice.

5. And that's why he lost his job :D Can't you imagine him though, drinking his sorrows, bickering about the noobs that cost him his job? You could get an achievement by talking to him, helping you distinguish right from wrong, ethics etc.

ok, maybe i'm taking this too far :D

6. Sebastian was a stuck-up twit. He didn't even bother to reply to me.

7. LOL that TWIT never talked to me either! Lets hang him from his tail over the volcano and use him as Drake bait! :)

8. Meg

Meg Next Island : Game Content Designer

Finish killing your boar and monkeys before June!

And help spread the word to other players -- when we talk the game down to add the new content, all the current quests will be erased.

9. Kitten will be in mexico from the 10th to the 17th so dont you dare release then -.-

hehehhe

10. Before June? Title says 'Quests after June'.
    Approximately when is this update planned, beginning or end of June?

11. LordLongLicious

LordLongLicious Do you fear death?

As a "noob" (and a darn next islander one) all I can say about Sebastian is "hehe".

Manny had a good idea about a new location for Sebastian. What about an epitaph stone on the place he used to stand?

And thanks for warning beforehand. ill spread the word on my society.

12. Amber Knightley

Amber Knightley I see dead people.

Thanks for the heads up!

13. Looking at next Tuesday 14th as the content window gives the development team a week to fix the bugs when it goes live because MA go on holidays normally at the end of June or else like other years we were stuck with bugs until they came back from holidays in august some of the were so fustrating, or because of the planet partners now they will shorten the holidays giving PP time to fix the bugs on there content - we will see

14. Sounds new and exciting! I bet the new system has been planned out quite well, and that the change will improve time travel. Re-implement the Missions themselves though. Even if the rewards and the flavor texts must be changed in order to disassociate the Missions from time travel entirely. Lots of EU players like to aim at reaching the maximum Mission count possible (or at least not miss the opportunity to do so). Just put the Missions back and tweak the storyline attached to them a bit. :D

In my opinion (and I'm working on expressing it at length in writing), those in charge should intentionally design content to be open-ended; making a bunch of mutually exclusive and/or miss-able Missions just isn't a good idea in a game that changes and adds content as often as Entropia does. The ultimate solution is probably for MindArk to provide some more structure to the Mission/Achievement systems, but planet partners can help by keeping their Missions around.

So I truly hope to see the removed Missions returned in a different form soon. Depending on how space turns out, I will probably be visiting the rest of the universe soon, and I surely hope I haven't missed out on something already. Just a suggestion, but I think it's an important one. Keep up the good work. :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.