Be carefull with the auto-shooting feature!

Discussion in 'Professions and Skills' started by Lykke TheNun, Nov 3, 2009.

1. Lykke TheNun

Lykke TheNun Lootius bless you all!

I thought the auto shooting feature was so cool when we got it, but I realized you have to stop it in time because otherwise you will spend bucket loads of ammo and decay shooting in the air!

It would have been great if it automaticly stops shooting when the mob is dead or at least, if you don't spend ammo when you're not aiming on something.

Same goes if you're not quite aiming correctly OR if another mob comes running in and push the mob you're shooting at, you also shoot in the air.

Just a warning. Can be lots of wasted money in the long run!

;)

2. sob

sob

Unless you are using melee :nunchucks: as there is no decay when not aiming towards a mob (hope they didnt change that post VU10)

3. Actually somebody found out that melee did decay when "hitting" at corpus of mobs or dead pk'ed player (in pvp). But maybe that was one of the eventually MA bugs... :spank:

4. Drilling claims up stops when the ressource is depleted... i guess they gonna fix this. :coffee:

5. Twitchie

Twitchie Skillin' Villain

When I was drilling out a big claim the drill stopped when the claim was depleted. So that's nice. But yeah, your gun will happily keep firing into the air if you don't stop it. The clicker is quite useful for long mobs. When I kill a dasp or big trox or other big HP mob, I use it, but I watch that HP bar. When it gets low, I turn the MA AC off and finish manually so I don't accidentally waste ammo/decay. It is very useful though. You can set it and get up and go use the restroom or get a drink or answer the door or whatever. Very cool feature I'm glad they added!

6. Yes it will be fucking cool now that making a new afk hunting script is alot easier. Before you had to program the shooting but now MindArk does it for you.

7. I tried that auto shooting thing, but it still cant beat my current setup.. Plus it loots mob and stops shooting when done. :naughty:

8. Twitchie

True, but if you go afk for too long, it'll keep shooting and you gun/amp/scope/sights will decay and your ammo will be dried up. That's a nice safety net there to keep people from going to the movies while their ava hunts. Of course, I guess you could drag a bunch of mobs' HP bars on top of each other. Then as one dies and the bar disappears, you'd move to the next mob and start shooting. That could be a bit of an issue. Hopefully it doesn't turn into an AFK hunting bot and MA decides to remove it.

9. Twitchie

I wonder if, with the addition of the auto-use tool, MA will be tougher of banning folks with 3rd party AC's? Be careful mate.

10. Im not using any autoclicker - and thats totally honest...

I just rightclick :p

11. People coded advanced huntingbots before MA added ingame functions to afk shoot so I think its easier now to make a new huntingscript that wont be noticed for ages. Maybe Jolana is already working on a new one :evil:

12. Lykke TheNun

Lykke TheNun Lootius bless you all!

FYI: Lost 9K of ammo today

Lost 9K ammo on auto shooting :(

Hey - It MUST be a bug because I honestly refuse to belive MA set it up like this in purpose ... Sometimes it seems to work, and sometimes it doesn't.

I was shooting an exa alpha when the antenna guy came. I put it on auto because well, it stopped since last update (and I was complaning about it ...).

When I came back, several minutes later (around 20) - I was still shooting - but on nothing! I lost around 9K of ammo and I'm p*ssed off!

Just want to tell you and give you a warning!

[​IMG] 9k might not sound as a lot - but to me it is!

bah![​IMG]

13. another thing I have noticed lately is when Im shooting one mob and try to pull up the health bar of my next victim my ava starts shooting at the new mob instead

14. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

Yup. Noticed that too. Except sometimes it doesn't do that, and I have not been able to pinpoint exactly what makes the difference. But bloody annoying indeed :curse:

15. I lol'd

I personally dont trust any "auto" function they add to the game. Sooner or later its gonna fuck up

16. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

Ooh, forgot to add my test results. I've been trying to test and see if I could pinpoint when this bug occurs for me.

Melee works fine for me, but ranged weapons do not. When I use an Opala or the TT-pistol, it works as intended, and the auto-shoot function will just keep on shooting, where if I use an imp21 or MKIV, it will cease firing inbetween.

There's numerous reports flying around though about other people experiencing trouble only in third-person mode, and melee not working for them either.

It's a nifty feature, for sure, but at this moment, it is not reliable in any way.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.