Been pre-alpha testing the Untropia avatar creation system... ,-)

Discussion in 'General Entropia Universe Discussion' started by Wistrel, Nov 10, 2021.

1. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

Quite pleased with the results so far! :sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::bigsmile::evil::cool::tongue (2)::wink::nana::rofl::beer:

cayne zoom.jpg

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Looks great to me.:smile:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

Yeh although I should be super clear that I'm joking

4. You mean with the 'Untropia' bit? Yer, that was quite funny :) And yeah, I know that AVs in EU aren't that good - but then again you might have good in-game skills relating to AV cosmetic stuff.
    ---
    In case of misunderstanding, what I mean is do you look like that in-game? Confused...

Last edited: Nov 16, 2021
  5. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

nah it's not even from Entropia or indeed any MMO. It's from a game called Cayne and indeed is the main character even. I just thought the character looked a bit like my Ava... that said I do have a similarly cinematic ish looking screenshot from Entropia game taken in the hunt the thing area in the early days. Not sure I'd be able to easily find it though. Ah looks like I did. Key thing here is that it isn't edited apart from the crop. Note HTT orginally allowed no gear from else where in the game... including clothes. Hence the reason for being my undies in the freezing cold.

wistinthing.jpg

6. OK, thanks for clearing that up. There is a similarity though with your AV from yesteryear, but as there's no temperature in EU up or down, you wouldn't have felt cold at least.:biggrin:

7. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

I felt cold... and scared... Hunt the thing was really rather cool and atmospheric. One of the few things in Entropia that was actually really nicely done from the get go.

yeh as for my old avatar... TBH if I could still pull off that look in game, I would but couldn't manage it after the VU11 with the hair available. Medium length scruffy looking was the closest I could get to short scruffy looking XD

Actually... come to think of it, I see that's my 2nd avatar (ok technically my third but the 2nd one looked very different and only existed for a day). You can take a look here...

http://www.entropiawiki.com/Info.aspx?chart=Avatar&id=1647&ver=28436

Man I should update that... it's really out of date!

1st... (and best)

[​IMG]

2nd (literally for one day - there was a player radio station run event called Apocalypso which I came back for which ran for one evening, up to the moment MA turned the servers off for a couple of weeks while they implemented CryEngine2)

[​IMG]

3rd

[​IMG]

4th (first attempt)

[​IMG]

4th (2nd attempt - mainly just less gaunt looking)

[​IMG]

And the final one again, no changes but in a cave... cave's are cool. I like caves.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 19, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Like your AV pics, especially the signature pic in entropiawiki in the right-hand column, and you have some impressive skills stats - and going all the way back to 2004! You must be one of EU's longest running players, so gratz!
    Just looked at some hunt the thing vids on entropiaplanets wiki and get the impression it was great fun. BTW, in the third pic down what is that equipment you're using? Is it some sort of scanner?

Last edited: Nov 20, 2021
  9. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

ah posing with I think is more appropriate... actually... come to think of it. I might have just used it. MA had made some changes to Mindforce IIRC. Mindforce requires you have a permanent implant and I think they'd just done some minor renaming or something of the original ones so I had to reinsert the new one that had been placed in my inventory... something like that.

Anyhow it's a mindforce impant inserter. People also use them to "chip skills" (in or out). They're in the TT (or at least they used to be - dunno if they still are).

10. Aha so it's a implant inserter, thanks. I might get one of those and some chips as skilling naturally seems to take a long time, but if I do that then bang goes my original idea for playing EU eco.

11. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

If you decide to, let me know. I know something who I think might be interested to chip out - in fact there may be a few meeting that description on this forum. That said I know nothing about chipping as never done it.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. Thx, will do that if I decide - and price will be a factor... I've not done any chipping either yet, but I gather you put chips into one of those TT implant things and then use the inserter to insert the implant, but just a guess.

13. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

:dunno:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.