Blueprint comprehension unlocked

Discussion in 'Professions and Skills' started by Burgerman, Oct 31, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Burgerman

Burgerman Cleaner

Finally, after much mouse clicking ( and NO autoclicking!!! ) I managed to unlock BPC. :D

I actually reached level 10 weapons engineer a few days ago, but the BPC didn't unlock until I made a few more weapons, and finally unlocked today while making some Jester 1's.

GCS_0103.jpg GCS_0122.jpg GCS_0123.jpg

:Sniper::handgun: :Sniper:

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2015
    • Like Like x 15
  2. Gratz , nice unlock Burgerman , hope it helps a bit ;)

3. Kets

Kets Cranky Old EuC Reporter

Gratz, B-Man!

Question for you. I have an A & P Series Hero with an E-13 amp. What would be a good upgraded rifle?

4. Burgerman

Burgerman Cleaner

Thankyou :D

Regarding weapons, there are probably benefits to gaining skills with limited (L) guns, but I have never liked them because they cannot be repaired, so my opinion is biased and stubborn :hehe:
    I would still recommend the trusty old Justifier MkII with an A104 amp. I don't think it misses any more than an (L) gun which is supposed to have better hit ability. The mkII has more range/faster/less decay than the Hero/more damage per second. The A104 amp has less decay and only a small amount less damage. Ammo burn is a little higher. Overall I think it would give more damage per pec than the Hero.
    Just mho and I am sure others can suggest reasons for (L) or other guns.

• Like Like x 7
  5. Kets

Can I use my E-13 amp on the Justifier? Perhaps I'll go that route instead.

I've been a little reluctant to use an (L) type weapon.

:hunter:

6. Burgerman

Burgerman Cleaner

Sure can. :ok:
    Maybe keep the unamped Hero as a finisher weapon, as it uses less ammo, so when a mob has only a tiny bit of health left, switch from MkII to Hero so as to waste less ammo on the last shot. Tiny saving but it can add up over time and many mobs. :D

• Like Like x 7
  7. Kets

I use the same tactic with my Shriek Street or my Killian sword for the same reason... Preserve that precious ammo!

:handgun:

• Like Like x 4
  8. I personally use every (L) weapon I can for the SIB. Just my 2 pecs :) U gotta repair non (L) weapons anyways. So not much difference in buying a new one and repairing one to me.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Phoenix

Phoenix Esquire

Hmm, if you can buy a (L) weapon in TT price then yes this is better. But the Markup imho does not allow for comparison between (L) and Unlimited as far as it concerns repair. Just my :twocents:

Gratz Burger!!! :D

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2007
    • Like Like x 4
  10. But, in theory you get better HA/CH with the (L) weapons, and maybe SIB too. So the question is whether the markup is worth that?

• Like Like x 4
  11. Burgerman

Burgerman Cleaner

Yes in theory, but I don't really notice any benefit from using the (L) guns, they still seem to miss and do a range of damage amounts just like the unlimited guns. Mind you, I am battling against lag and high ping times so perhaps I don't get to see the real benefits from the (L) guns.
    The most impressive (L) gun that I have used so far was a black BLP machine gun that I looted from a neconu ages ago. It still missed now and then, but the amazing part was the rate of fire and the high damage level, it tore into the mobs and I could imagine parts of the mob shattering and breaking off under the barrage of BLP slugs. So if the gun has higher rate of fire that would certainly be worthwhile, but sadly that also usually means a higher markup because the gun is worthwhile. ;)

• Like Like x 3
  12. I also suspect the benefits diminish as you get higher skills. The unlimited guns have a pretty rubbish HA/CH with low skills.

13. To me the SIB is worth it. That being said, some (L)'s have an atrocious markup. Just requires a lil homework, and a close eye on the auction. Or a real good crafting buddy. he he :) As far as the amps go, I simply dont use em. Or armor for that matter.

14. lol. Posting not working right for you either then? I notice you put less and less effort in each time you retyped it ;-)

I've worked my way through the SIB laser carbines and got to the point where the markup is stupid. So I'm doing pistol instead. When that gets stupid I'll do BLP :-)

• Like Like x 2

15. Ya a lil trouble with posting. Removed multi posts lol. I'm in the same boat with the (L)'s. Gettin into the uber markup range in most weapons, (melee, rifle, and pistol). So not real sure where im goin from here.

16. Gratz on the unlock

17. Congratulations, I'm trying to reach level 10 in component crafting in order to supply necessary components for geotrek-rifles. Maybe you could craft me few someday if I supply all the materials required? :>

18. gratz on this one Burger - it'll be interesting to hear what kind of a boost this gives to your crafting - I know Red has been working toward this one since Itto's original post on how to do it.

19. Burgerman

Burgerman Cleaner

Thankyou all very much. :)

As with any unlocked skill, BPC starts at zero skill level, so I think it won't have much beneficial effect until I gain a substantial amount of skill in BPC, but I am certainly hoping that it might help improve my crafting results.

Mora, I think Bullet has much higher weapon crafting skills than me, so you'd probably get better results there, but I am happy to try crafting them for you if I can.

• Like Like x 2
  20. My head is spinning from weapons info overload, I'm still just trying to get to 1900 for weapons experience, LOL! Gratz to all of you with the knowledge for the weapons, I wish I knew half as much GRATZ!!!

• Like Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.