Buying land

Discussion in 'Guides and help' started by yasic, Dec 6, 2009.

1. Hello everyone again.

I am considering the possibility of buying some land in game, but obviously before I do so I would like to get information about this. So I wanted to know if you guys know of any good recourses which are reliable from which I can understand the process of buying land, how to manage it, how much would land cost (is it closer to 2000 dollars or 20,000 dollars?) etc.

I will do all the research I can on this but would like to know which places all of you endorse.

2. Justin Thyme

Justin Thyme Someone With Opinions

20k USD :)

3. There are some lands I personally dont value more than 2-3k USD like the Trilomite Land but in general I would say most lands are 13-18k USD but there are a few worth way more.

Price depends on what DNA is on the land and location from a TP.

4. Ok, does one buy land directly from MA or must it be bought from other players?

Is there any kind of tax or upkeep cost for player owned land, or does it become pure profit after you buy it (with the exception of fert to keep the mobs strong)

How much does the fert cost to upkeep the land?

Will the fact that I have little skills on this char detriment me in terms of owning land in any way?

5. Natasza

Natasza Guest

6. MindArk adds a few landareas every year basically with a startbid of 1 ped. You can also buy from other players that bought one in the past.

With most lands ingame selling for 150-200k ped being kind of utter shit you would have to wait several years before a land becomes profitable (as in recouping investment). Ofcourse spending maybe 100k-200k ped for a unqie/rare DNA is smart though to add to the land. Deathifier spent maybe 500k ped getting his 3 unique DNA's together and I am quite sure that investment came back within 6months

7. GeorgeSkywalker

GeorgeSkywalker Explorer

Both. MA place LA's on auction where anyone can bid on them. Currently there is one on auction and highest bid on it was 66K by Qetesh (A landowner who has numerable LA's).

There is another on auction by a player for 180K. Though that one is a bad deal imho.

I think there is only the fetilizer cost, but the good thing about that is you don't have to spend anything on fertilizer. However to get the mob density and maturity up you would need to spend money on fertilizer. Depending on the DNA on the land, the income from the LA easily offsets the fertilizer cost but not always. Some LA's I suspect would be making a loss if they bumped up the density and maturity.

Depends on the DNA on land, Location of LA and offcourse your own marketing event promotion. Even if you have a bad LA with good management of events some people suspect you can still make a profit. Though I'd be tad bit cautious of that;)

I have no idea...best to ask an LA owner.

No.
    Skills are irrelevant to LA management.

8. aridash

aridash large throbbing member

value is determined by two factors, location relative to TP and DNA. an ordinary, common DNA near a TP can be good as you get passing trade, run popular events. a remote LA with good DNA can be good as people will make the effort to travel. it follows the best LA are those near a TP with popular/unique DNA, the worse are those remote with common mobs. but thats just the hunting, the mining mixes it up. many miners will travel to a remote, empty LA.

value is anything from 100k to 500k and the success is rather down to the effort you put into it (with a couple of exceptions, which wont be sold for that reason).

9. Sheesh, hunters...

Why did nobodye mention that it is an important factor which ressources the ground holds? And maybe even more important: which ressources it doesn't hold?

:tiphat:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.