Calypso News - MA: Community Recognition Award Armor

Discussion in 'Entropia News' started by EP-Newsbot, Jun 24, 2010.

Tags:
  1. FPC will release a new set of armor this week - the Community Recognition Award Armor. It will be awarded to members of the Calypso community that have worked with FPC and contributed to the development and maintenance of Planet Calypso.

More...

2. :loveshower:Yay, that's one set for each EP staff member! :loveshower:

:spank::spank:Hmm, I predict a riot... :spank::spank:

Shit, at least hand out a set to Lykke!

3. I predict a bunch of new community oriented sites coming up in the next few months as people hope, pray, and pressure MA for "Community Recognition Armor Set #2"

Then I think your riot will happen... after they realize it was a 1 time thing!

4. John BD

John BD Subwoofers rock.

:nana:huh??? didnt we all build this game?? so we all get that?:woohoo:

5. RAZER

RAZER Custom title ... uh ...

mmmm, I contributed to the development of Calypso by pointing FPC to all the bugs that were in the game. I hope the armor has a nice color :nana:

6. Well, i meant more like "MA hands them out to the wrong people" - there are a couple of players that would deserve such a set IMO (Witte, Jdegre,... just to name a few that pop up in my mind, but there are many, many more...), but this bit

sure smells like they are handing them out to the "wrong" guys, guys that have been favoured all the time... and not those who really gave blood, sweat & tears, and spend hours and hours of unpaid work to make Calypso grow... for many, many years...

We will find out soon enough... but i'm pretty confident i'll slap you with an "told you so" soon...

:wise:

7. narfi

narfi Lost

I wonder if things like this couldn't be done with more anonymity to make everyone happier?

They could give the "special" armor, or even normal armor with the appropriate stats for the reward to the deserving individuals without telling the masses. They would receive their reward and be happy, and everyone else wouldn't be jealous.

They could also do a Public Calypsoian of the month, and have the client loader show how that person had helped the community. (the prize could be public or private either way with something like this). I think neverdie is doing a Rocktropian of the month promotion up there, so its not like its an unheard of way of doing promotions.

A similar yet different idea with the cars would have been to use undercover avatars to hand them out in remote areas over a longer period of time to unsuspecting recipients.

With any gift, we need to realize that no one is "deserving." Each of us does what we do for our own reasons and motivations. Even the very selfless of the best do what they do for a reason.

There are big names in the game that have helped and are known to everyone. Jedgre, whitte, alice, you guys here, etc.... And there are little guys like myself who take a one-on-one approach with helping individuals over a period of time.

hmm... rambling now, ill stop

Congrats to those who get the armor :)

narfi

8. MistressArwen

MistressArwen Smile, makes someones day

Agree, seems like they got it in for us who deposit so much money and spend so much time playin and being virtually economically viable. Why O why do FPC hate us so much and why do they love their own few pets, who btw get everything???:dunno: Is it swedish thing to see others in emotional pain? Do they realy derive some kind of morbid pleasure in doing so?

John has a good point, it is all of the realy active players who make the game what it is.
    But you know what? I have a full set of E-mine armor, full TT and very durable and plated. I am happy with it. And to think tommorow I depo 3K peds to keep mining and pay for my fun. Doesnt count huh?

9. Haha maybe. I didnt think of it like that. :thumbup: Should I paint the target on my face now, or later? And which cheek do you prefer, right or left?

10. MistressArwen

i wonder...do you guys expect another scuttleF***k:grouphug:????:dunno:

Cos the last one wasnt a pretty sight.

11. Let me put it to you this way:

In a game where real money is the basis for everything, virtual handouts become real problems!

“Money never made a man happy yet, nor will it. The more a man has, the more he wants. Instead of filling a vacuum, it makes one.” - Benjamin Franklin

12. MistressArwen

tell me bout it, I know.:mad: Im still havin bad dreams waking up in middle of the night in cold vibrant sweat clutching my pillow like a steeringwheel goin vroom-vroom!:dunno:

13. So far it appears they have given them out to the members of the extended guides program that has been running for several months with some really dedicated players in it.

Seems ok to me, though if that is the only group of people they are giving them to then the wording of their annoucement could have been a whole lot better.

- Deathifier

14. John BD

John BD Subwoofers rock.

Ofcourse they deserve it for their work dont get me wrong i deeply respect effort like that.
    i dont have a compulsive wine syndrome :D but apearently they where already awarded with a marber so i cant for the life of me see why fpc awarded this too while all players are the game and community, its like givin 1 kid candy while other is watching :D

15. MistressArwen

You would expect that a very big gaming company that deals with people would be a lot more sensitive when it comes to dealing with us. Its like they dont realy care in a very callous way. Have they no shame or a little inner voice sayin whats right or wrong?:spank:

The only real aspect of this is the more they do it the more they show their true face to the community they serve/torture with their silly antics. The question is what can a powerless gaming community do about it?:mad:

There seems to be no respect and grattatude to all who frequently deposit money to play and who make them rich. Are they realy this nasty and evil? :dunno:

I think it may be due to the fact that they are on a different side of the fence so to speak and far removed from the gaming community as to be able to trully understand and sympethise with the frequent gamers who log on regularly. This meaning that they are way out of touch with their game and the people who play it.:wise:

You dont see this guy "Marco" logging in daily to hunt, mine and craft with a tight ped budget trying to make ends meet and socializing with others ingame being part of a soc and social group. :rofl:

If it was meant for a small special exlusive group then why annouce it to the entire community like In your face na! na! na!?? Few have it and the many cant have it or touch it. Its not very nice of them. The special treatment of a few people should not be anounced at all, to the entire community. I realy dont get their reasoning behind it. if it is unatainable by the majority inluding me, I wouldve prefered not actually knowing about it. Same thing with the vehicles.

16. shouldn't everyone wait to see what the armor is like? It might be pink coloured pixie from all we know(probably will be pink with the kind of colours they like...*cough emine *cough)
    and the guides do deserve more...I mean they aren't making a profit helping noobs so I wouldn't mind if they got something every few months or hundred noobs guided

17. KiriHime

KiriHime Natural Born Killers

Its already been posted on EF. Its pretty nice looking actually.

18. I think it's not about the value of the gifts (actually, a pimped pink version of pixie aint that bad for fashion purposes:D ), it's more like they say "thank you" to some of the guys only, ignoring that there are others around who deserve a "thank you", too - or even more.

And i, for one, think that someone who spent hours and hours developing i.e. the skill scanner to help the existing players did far more for the community than someone who helped dragging people into a game where you can lose several hundred dollars in one evening...

Whether that's really any better than to get kids hooked on heroin depends on how you want to perceive it, but imo the 2% of noobs trying the non-game that stay would've kept playing w/o the help of mentors or guides anyway...

If they hand out a "thank you" to people who did something selfless to support the community or the game (no matter of what monetary value that little "thank you" is) and overlook people like i.e. Jdegre, or Alice... well, that is just plain WRONG.

I don't even know any of those "guides", and they clearly didn't do anything for me or the people in my soc... but i'm using entropedia for years now, and the skill scanner, and the chipping optimizer, or the damage & decay & whatever... information people verified and inserted into entropedia - and i read Alices guides back when i started...

I'm not trying to make up a list of "who did more for EU", but i am damn sure they "forget" some of those who should clearly get a "thank you" from MA/FPC...

otoh, maybe they just picked a damn bad name for this, pretty similar to the "plenty of vehicles in stock"... :spank:

19. MistressArwen

Realy? Got a link to post here or can you repost it here? Just curious thats all. Is it better or equel to shadow or whichever armor?

20. Community Recognition Award Armor - Page 3

Stats are on the following page(s)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.