Can't edit thread prefix?

Discussion in 'About EU Chronicle' started by Phunkygeeza, Jul 13, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Chela and Phoenix reported that they can't edit posts to change the thread prefix.

Guys, does your screen look like this screenshot, or is the thread-prefix drop-down missing?

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  2. Phoenix

Phoenix Esquire

Unfortunately, it is missing. I thought it would, however. Mostly because of priviledges or because they are old threads. The second sounds stupid so it's probably the first ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2008
  3. Unfortunately I do not see that box.

4. Bunny

Bunny Vampire Bunny Inc.

Please add me to the list of non seers of this paticular box.

5. Ok, that's strange! Thanks ppl - I wil look into it!

6. Bunny

Bunny Vampire Bunny Inc.

Let me clarify what I am and what I am not seeing lol. If I start a NEW thread the prefix box is there. If I try to edit a pre-existing thread in mode it is not there. :cool:

7. Ok
    Make sure you are in Advanced mode, the prefix menu won't show in simple more

After Pressing EDIT button, press GO ADVANCED

I hope you all can see the prefix menu then :p

Note: its only in the HOF & Global forum you will see this prefix

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2008
  8. Phoenix

Phoenix Esquire

Still can't see it :(

9. Bunny

Bunny Vampire Bunny Inc.

Advanced mode is what I was referring to. Sorry forgot that word in previous post :-( It just is not there.

10. This seems to go the scary way ;)
    For me the prefix editing is available when i press the "go advanced" button :)
    add: For sure only valid for posts with a prefix ! like global, hof or tower ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2008
  11. Phoenix

Phoenix Esquire

A speculation: Phunksta and Itto are Admins and Stratos is in the Forum Staff. I predict that Burgerman also can see the Prefix Editing Box. It just has to do something with priviledges. It has to be. 8)

12. Exactly what I thought Phoenix - but there are NO options that say if a prefix can be edited or not :(
    I tried various combinations, and although admins can seemingly edit whenever, everyone else can't seem to edit older posts. If you make a post, and go back right away then you should be able to set the prefix.
    Unfortunately this is useless for classifying your older globals :(
    Investigation continues...

13. Exactly what I thought Phoenix - but there are NO options that say if a prefix can be edited or not :(
    I tried various combinations, and although admins can seemingly edit whenever, everyone else can't seem to edit older posts. If you make a post, and go back right away then you should be able to set the prefix.
    Unfortunately this is useless for classifying your older globals :(
    Investigation continues...

14. Have you compared the details stored for a new post versus those for an old post? When I'm debugging stuff like this I'd start by poking around at the code that displays the box for changing the prefix and look at how it decides whether or not to display it, and then back track through the code until I (hopefully :D) find a solution.

Good luck Phunksta! :ok:

Erach.

15. Yup that's the way - I'm just not looking forward to it :(
    EuC has more layers (of code) than a trifle

16. That's similar to cake isn't it?

17. mmmmm..... trifle. cream... sherry... custard... so hungry... \\:D/

18. Bunny

Bunny Vampire Bunny Inc.

Someone say CAKE ??

Trifle is a whole lot of things in one glass bowl LOL. After about three servings have been taken out it looks awful. It is a big thing here in Australia at Christmas time.

There is no standard recipe for Trifle. Just add whatever you want. However there are basics. Jello, sweetened custard and whipped cream. The rest is up to your imagination.

Ohhhh sorry did not mean to hijack this thread. 8)

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2008
    • Like Like x 2
  19. Oooh my god that strawberry trifle looks so good, Bunny :D

I am also sorry for hijacking the thread!

:hehe:

20. Ok how many of you can see "You may edit your posts" in the bottom of the page (under Posting rules) ?

bunny: Thoose cakes will cost med several extra dog-walks just for looking at them :shock:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.