Client Downloader shows Five times the size downloaded compared to file sizes on disk

Discussion in 'Technical, security and bug reports' started by Xecute, May 8, 2016.

1. I have downloaded the Entropia Client Downloader and have been running it 24 hours on a 2 Mbit ADSL line. I have set it to download at full capacity and checked through Resource Monitor, Perfmon and Process Monitor that it does this (about 190 kBit/s). I noticed that the amount of data received using the MB downloaded reported in the Entropia Client Downloader is 5 times more than the actual file size on the disk when it eventually gets written to the file(s). I had to count up the totals displayed manually as every once in a while the Downloader stops and refreshes.

So far it only saved to disk 820MB in 24 hours with nothing else using the link... I have downloaded 14GB a few days ago in 24 hours over the same ADSL link.

2. My router and PC Wifi status shows 12GB downloaded yesterday and today

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.