Community, Mentor & Disciple map in the Wiki

Discussion in 'Tutorials & guides' started by Lykke TheNun, Oct 4, 2011.

1. Lykke TheNun

Lykke TheNun Lootius bless you all!

EP Wiki created a Community Map, where it is possible through your profile to get a personal pin on the map, showing where in the world you are located.

On top of this we also released a Mentoring map - which shows where you are as a mentor (by filling a simple form in the wiki ;) ) - and later when the disciples are added, you can see where a mentor is compared to your self and others.

Here's info about getting yourself in on the community map.

And here's info about the Mentoring map.

Good luck to everyone :)

2. Tass

Tass Administrator

Let's say there's a map available now solely dedicated to Newlanders: Next Island Community

Just join Softhart. ;)

3. LOL wow that was easy, I just clicked the link and BAM all my info is there, I didn't have to type a thing!

View attachment 962 Wiki Master!

Attached Files:

4. Tass

Tass Administrator

3rd day - too early for a report? Whatever...

Looks good already. But home planets, could that be true? Go Next Island!

Btw, according to the stats NI has 100% women gamers. ;)

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

5. LOL Tass, you forgot to include a Magnifying class to read that chart :)

100% women on next island huh..........LOL

6. Tass

Tass Administrator

I'm sorry, but the ugly forum software that is vb4 doesn't seem to let a readable image in.

Yep, 100% women according to the stats, guess why. ;)

7. Cause I am the only one signed up? :)

I see you fixed the chart :)

8. Thanks for The PM, Tass :) Replying here.

I did see the mentoring map on EP earlier, didn't sign up for it because it asked for my "home planet"

Now, if pushed I would have to call Calypso my "home planet" but I spend just as much time in space and on NI, as well as a bit of time on Arkadia. I really like NI and would like to try to establish a permanent Soc presence on NI, so I particularly want to get some disciples here, rather than my "home planet"

The form just didn't seem to accomodate me, and since NI is such a backwater , as yet, I'm guessing that a lot of the potential mentors here will be frequent visitors rather than NI residents. Which is why I started this thread. as a catch-all.

If you could modify the EP system to include me, and others like me, that would be great :)

jay :)

9. Tass

Tass Administrator

Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated!

Home Planet (like all of the other fields) is not a mandatory field. So you do not have to choose a home planet if you just don't have one single home planet.

The mentoring thingie doesn't offer something to choose the planet you mentor on and is fetching the home planet from the avatar profile in order to avoid that one has to enter something that has been entered somewhere else already. So far the idea.

So... you would like to have something in the form like:

Planets you mentor on:

[ ] Calypso
    [ ] ROCKtropia
    [ ] Next Island
    [ ] Arkadia

That will be a little bit of work but I think I'll get it done.

I'm in the process of creating planet-specific Mentoring Maps, there's the NI one: Next Island Mentoring Map - EntropiaPlanets Wiki - Information about Entropia Universe

10. Tass

Tass Administrator

As per request by Jaywalker checkboxes have been added to the Mentor Profile form to select which planets you are mentoring on.

Of course this information will be displayed on your Mentor Profile (which has been pimped a little bit additionally.)

And last but not least checking the boxes puts you on the planet-specific Mentoring Maps, in addition to the Mentoring Map of your Home Planet if you have selected one already.

Bugs might occur, please report.

So let's hope this puts more Mentors on the Next Island Mentoring Map.

11. Tyvm Tass :)

I finally managed to fill in my Mentor profile, but as you can see, there's still nobody but Softie appearing on the NI mentoring map! Also i cannot figure out how to access this map from EP website. Is it possible? Or has that not been coded yet?

jay :)

12. Also notice its quite buried and hard to find, had to do a search to find it.................ahh duh I think I already had this conversation with Tass and its under EU/Community.

LOL see I didn't even remember that. Maybe a better place would to put it under Navigation/Maps or Activities/Mentor ??

13. Tass

Tass Administrator

You don't appear on the map because you didn't choose a location where you want to appear in your participant profile. So... you might want to browse to your user page and add one.

1. Login
    2. Browse to wiki
    3. Click "Jaywalker", the first word in the menu bar at top of the page
    4. Click the little edit pencil icon right of "Participant Profile" at top of the Participant Profile box
    5. Mouse drag and zoom the map to show the place where you live
    6. Left click somewhere on the map near the place where you live
    (of course you can also enter you exact address and click the exact place where your desk is but I would not recommend that)
    7. Click the "Save page" button

The map itself is already accessible from many wiki pages, easiest is the mainpage wich is showing a banner link to the map. More will follow and in 1 or two days it should be found at the obvious places (fx left sidebar -> Next Island -> Community -> Mentoring Map).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.