Crazy times

Discussion in 'Blogs' started by Lykke TheNun, Mar 28, 2011.

1. Lykke TheNun

Lykke TheNun Lootius bless you all!

After making the March magazine (which was awesome to work with - including the nice A-team from Arkadia (:wave:)- but a huge job next to RL tasks) - I hoped for a little relaxation ... oh well, life just doesn't want to give me that haha. I guess it's a skill to be able to say no, which I just don't have.

We took down the old kitchen right before Peter's parents came on a visit from Holland. Which meant that the whole kitchen was one big mess when they arrived - and the whole kitchen was placed in the dining room and on the table and chairs etc. Peter worked hard to get everything fixed, but there was no way he could have done that in time anyway.

kitchen1_141582.jpg kitchen2.jpg

We went out for diner the evening they got here. I had to go to work, but luckily Peter was able to take the day off - I did, however, take off Friday, but I am working freelancing for my former company - to help them finish up some of the things I started - and on top they asked me last week if I could make their yearly report. I have made it the last years aswell - but it wasn't until I agreed I was told, that instead of the normal one month (in a full time job, mind you) - I only had one week to make it all! So Friday I had to work - and also drive around the city for different business - like having my eyes checked. Obviously they are not that good anymore lol - and I also needed to drop by Ikea for some things we needed for the kitchen etc. In the evening my parents came for diner - so I had to buy grosseries and be clever - because I needed space in the kitchen. It ended up with me making the diner at the kitchen table - things I could throw into the oven and not use a lot of space to make.

We managed - the food was a success and we had a cosy evening afterall - sitting with candles and wine in the middle of the kitchen tsunami.

Saturday I had to run to Ikea again - because we needed something else. The little one got some money for Lille, which we unfortunately had to hand over to some not allergic people :( - and we went to the centre. Home, the kitchen shaped out nicely - though everytime Peter teared down a cabinet, a new hole in the wall or something else appeared. Fucking idiot living here before, was really unorganized with everything he has done in the whole house. We keep finding shit stuff everywere, we need to fix. Peter wrote 'I'm sorry' behind the new cabinets - because we didnt bother to fix his mess hahaha - so now the new people can get it!

My brother called me the other day and told me my old 'mother in law' (from a boyfriend, not a husband) from when I was 17 (yes, 22 years back) - was having an exhibition with some of her drawings. She is a famous danish cattoon drawer - and her pictures are so cute and awesome. I love her deeply, she has been like a second mother to me - and despite her age (she's 83) - she is soooo young in spirit and like a sister to me. I haven't seen her for 8 years - and we all went to say hi at the exhibition. She cried when she saw me and kept saying 'my little Ann' (she always called me that) - and it was quite touching to be honest. I am SO happy we went there. I missed her (and miss her) terribly - and I often think of her. It was nice to meet her again and see she is doing ok.

Here's one of her awesome drawings :)

julekortannilippert2.jpg

Saturday evening we went out for diner - which was quite nice actually, not having to think about that. But damn, was I tired in the evening? Unfortunately we had to sleep on the airbed ... so it ended out with me sleeping on the sofa ... dammit.

Sunday I had to work again - to be finished - and then the remote computer for my former work didn't work out because 'Oh they had to shut down the power .. oh geesh did you have a huge task to finish?'. Meh! I had to finish up everything tonight isntead - and I'm dead tired. At the same time I got another task for them - which needs to be done on Thursday. I should not be doing this tbh - next to a full time job and family too - and a house which needs my attention - and a forum, which needs it too hahah :D ... and the next magazine I need to get started - and a couple of games I need to make :nana: and all the friends we should invite over including our new neighbours .. not to forget all the cosy times we should have and wine we should enjoy for a good movie (last 10 movies we tried to watch, we saw half an hour of and fell asleep) - and all the games I need to play ... etc.

Oh well - who said we can sleep when we get old? ... Not I :)

Take care

(I will soon update with new Kitchen Pictures :D)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2015
  2. andrew jenery

andrew jenery from Entropia Star

That was a great read :) Kitchen tsunami and Mother Christmas in a snowball fight LOL! I'm glad it's Wednesday because Monday was madness...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.