Darri's Entropia Podcasts

Discussion in 'Entropia Media' started by Tass, Feb 14, 2022.

1. Tass

Tass Administrator

Something we have for ~12 years already but never mentioned anywhere, there we go. All done by @darri

Episode 1 - 2009-10-24

In episode 1 Darri interviews John Bates.

Episode 2 - 2009-12-11

In episode 2 Darri discusses the auction of Crystal Palace Space Station and the BETA of ROCKtropia

Episode 3 - 2009-12-11

In episode 3 Darri interviews @Deathifier, the original owner of Treasure Island.

Episode 4 - 2010-01-15

In episode 4 Darri discusses interviews Martin Biallas, CEO of SEE Virtual Worlds.

Episode 5 - 2010-01-18

In episode 5 Darri is discussing news from CES with John Bates.

Episode 6 - 2010-03-06

In episode 6 Darri interviews @Ed 3 - Cyrene , Creative Director of Planet Cyrene.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Very interesting interviews, but John Bates got on the Internet in 1987?

3. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

That's early! Although I remember a modem advert (I think) in a 1980's computer magazine. I'm not certain... I remember the imagery but don't think I really understood what it was at the time (I was very ikkle) I think it showed the computer with lines sorta connecting to the globe. I just remember thinking it looked cool. I'm guessing it was a modem but for that computer I don't believe such things ever existed. Might have just been some sort of artistic licence.

Earliest "internet" I remember was Arcade BBS in the mid nineties which we connected to at school once after lessons. I think it was a 14.4kbps modem. I remember the teacher was just as interested as we were as she didn't really know what it was either.

4. Very early, and the internet did exist as such in the late 80's with tiers like irc, usenet and telnet but not as we know it now; the web wasn't publicly available until early 90's. In 1986 I remember trying to flog something called Easylink which was software that enabled two or more PCs to connect over the standard PTN.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2022
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.