David Simmonds Article - DISCUSSION

Discussion in 'EntropiaTimes' started by MindStar9, Sep 13, 2010.

1. MindStar9

MindStar9 Floating in Space

I wanted to start a thread pertaining to the David Simmonds article for discussion, because I think he shared some interesting information with us based on Opticron's interview questions, as well as the additional comments I asked for. It would be great to hear what the community has to say about it. When you have had the opportunity to read the article, then your comments about what David shared would be welcomed.

2. Tass

Tass Administrator

I really wonder why there's no discussion at all about this interview.

Isn't it amazing news that there are 4-5 planet partners that haven't been announced yet?

3. Given what history teaches us about what MA "say" and what actually "happens"...frankly Tass, gl finding people who believe a word of it...

When MA/FPC speak now most only hear "blah, blah, blah, blah"........

4. MindStar9

MindStar9 Floating in Space

I really can't blame the community for having an attitude like this because historically what you say is basically true. We seem to be told one thing, yet delivery of our universe at times is quite different, and I think this is what frustrates me the most ... aside from the level of communication.

The community is where it's at for me, as well as how beautiful the environment is, so I have decided to focus on this aspect of EU and resolve myself to the fact that our universe will be delivered to us however it's going to be delivered to us, and be delivered to us whenever they decide to deliver it to us. Constructive criticism helps, but some things just never change.

It is also why I want to use my writing (especially in the EntropiaTimes magazine) to bring more of the voice of the community to a different platform other than just the forum, such as what I did with the Vehicles article in the launch issue. We can post till we're blue (or in my case purple) in the forums and rarely get responses to our concerns, and why I'm interested in taking it to the next level.

The magazine is read by more than just the Entropian community, and I think it's important that not everything in the magazine be fluff or depict picture-perfect content as it relates to our universe. As Entropians who inhabit the planets in our universe, we are very much affected by the decisions that are made by the developers, and there is no mistake that we have suffered at times as a result, and not just temporarily.

It is our goal (EntropiaPlanets) to present respectful, yet constructive articles about issues that we have with our universe. We want to focus on key concerns in hopes that we can gain more attention of those that need to pay attention. Yes, we can post all of our thoughts in the forums, but if we can gather the collective voice of the community and present it in article format in the magazine, then it doesn't get lost in the archives, and is easily accessible.

This is why I ask, that if anyone from the Media Team should happen to post a thread somewhere soliciting your participation with regard to feedback on a certain topic, item, or issue, please take the time to make your thoughts known. Your posts should be constructive of course, and relevant so that it fits with the project.

Will this help to change things? I don't know, but at this point, I'm willing to make effort wherever we can to let the developers know what we're happy with, and just what isn't working for us.

Thank You!

5. Lavawalker

Lavawalker RETIRED

Hi MS9,

Do you happen to have a link handy to his interview.
    I have not been keeping up with MA media as of late.

6. Tass

Tass Administrator

7. Tass

Tass Administrator

In the interview David was talking of 5 planets partners that haven't been announced yet.

Planet partners that have been announced after the interview was made:

- Beladcom
    - Arkadia

Although SEE has been announced as a planet partner earlier they announced 2 planets after the interview was made:

- Planet Michael
    - Universal Monsters Planet

Depending on whether or not you count the SEE Planets there is still either one or even 3 planet/planet partners that haven't been announced yet. I wonder what it will come.

Don't be shy, announce your planet(s)!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.