Did you know that ...

Discussion in 'General Entropia Universe Discussion' started by RAZER, Jan 19, 2012.

1. leeloo

leeloo cOloRmAnIaC

when was the last sighting of mutated chirpy btw? I want to meet one :ninja:

2. RAZER

RAZER Custom title ... uh ...

... this is what the sleeve looked like that had the Entropia Universe DVD in it

dvd_sleeve_single_outlines_us_template.jpg

3. RAZER

... in 2010 First Planet Company's Frank Campbell got a Hermes Platinum Award in the category "Media Response" for the sale of Crystal Palace.

Hermes-217x600.jpg

4. RAZER

That's has been a while and chances are you won't even see it before it kills you :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. GeorgeSkywalker

GeorgeSkywalker Explorer

Didn't it then turn out they bought the award? anyone can buy them?

6. RAZER

Well you have to enter yourself (or your company) into the contest for a couple of dollars.

They did however buy the statue after they won the prize, but they won the prize fair and square:

In short, they did won the prize and because of that they were allowed to buy a statue that you can only buy IF you have won the Hermes prize.

• Like Like x 1
  7. GeorgeSkywalker

GeorgeSkywalker Explorer

Intresting I didn't know that. In the thread on pcf I got the impression winning wasn't necessary. So belated gratz to MA I guess ;-)

8. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

If I remember correctly, anyone who submitted themselves (which required payment at the time) for the awards actually just got one.

The message sent out by MindArk at the time was worded in such a way as to make it sound as if the statue ending up in their mailbox was something totally unexpected:

www.entropiaplanets.com/forums/threads/entropia-news-ma-hermes-award.2297/

Back then, there was a page on the awards site linking to the entry fees that had to be paid to be taken into consideration. When it was discovered that the statue was bought and not something actually awarded, the thread on EF mystgeriously dissappeared.

9. GeorgeSkywalker

GeorgeSkywalker Explorer

So they didn't win to gain the award but bought it?

10. RAZER

mmm, the website from Hermes says that they take 8 days to pick the winners out of the entries.

The statue will actually have to be bought by the winners (the only get a certificate) but, at least these days, you have to be chosen by a jury to win.

Anyway , another controversial 'fact' for the "Did you know that..." thread :)

11. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

12. GeorgeSkywalker

GeorgeSkywalker Explorer

I think it was mentioned in one of their financial reports i.e. castle sold. Maybe next owner also selling now...must be a cursed castle ;)

13. Did you know that some people being locked because they logging in right after the version update is done. :banghead:

• Like Like x 1
  14. RAZER

... next to Luna's (daughter of Peter and Lykke) there are actually more real life OJ's around

ces-08-24.jpg

Maybe I'll give one of those to Luna in about 18 years :)

15. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

Yes?

,-)

16. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

hehe I'd forgotten those NPC's... so much stuff.... its weird being around for 8 years... knowing a place in VR that keeps changing bit by bit... maybe I should go stand outside PA and proclaim in a Yorkshire accent to all who will listen "I remember when all this were fields lad"

OK here is one: I once found a way to crash servers at will and wrote a fictional story about it.

http://www.entropiaplanets.com/w/index.php?title=File:The_Calypso_Post_No5_June_2007.pdf&page=18

Another:

It used to be that you could only (personally) sweat a mob once per avatar and you got 1-3 bottles of sweat from it. You then had to walk away till the mob was off your radar, before you could return to it and get another 1-3 bottles then repeat. Others could do the same ie it was a per avatar restriction not a per mob one.

There was a "sweat farm" as we called it then, in the hills near Camp Phoenix. We used to sweat diripi's

Wistrel

17. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

[​IMG]

Good old Hadesheim....

• Like Like x 1
  18. leeloo

leeloo cOloRmAnIaC

anyone remember the tp feature when you tp-ed to certain tp´s and then could take a free flight round trip over calypso?

19. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

ooohhh yeh that was er... vu11? It was round about the time I came back iirc? There was the other bug too where, if you did it right, you could leap out of water and gradually ascend to the sky! :D I managed it once or twice myself. Even had a video. It was cool cause it was before vehicles.

This chap used it fantastically for this video:

• Like Like x 1
  20. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

Oh course there was the "2 avatars sit and lay on top of each other repetitively" and then zoom off to the sky bug.

I remember specifically Mr McCormmick used it to find out what was in the Pandora Tower...

Wistrel

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.