(EL) Scheduled maintinance today (13-06-2012)

Discussion in 'Entropia Services' started by starfinder, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Today, at around 15:00 GMT we will upgrade the server hardware on the Entropia Life servers to cope with the unexpected massive increase in online users on the system.

We have so far created a Web Garden to cope with the huge amount of users online on the system. The downside of this webgarden is that the server is using more RAM that initially calculated - so we will be installing more RAM on the database- and webserver today.

While doing that update we will also be updating various server software.
    Expected down time is approx 45 min.

A little stats:
    Since we launched the new site we have had about 2000 unique visitors (logged in) on the site each day - for a total of about 15.000 pageloads per day.(7,5 page loads per person) - or just shy of half a million page views per month (from registered accounts - meaning no bots or the like).
    Average load time of the pages is clocked at 0.8 second per page - which is classified by google as:

To keep those impressive statistics in regards to the site performance, we are upgrading the hardware.
    To improve on client stability we have changed various elements of the configuration files to the services the clients uses as well as improved the error handling in the clients.

Thank you all for your support

• Like Like x 1
  2. Servers has now been updated - with 1 minute to spare. :)

Everything works smooth (again).
    Now the server figures looks much better than before. No Key performance indicators are red-flagged anymore - green across the board!

Happy times..

• Like Like x 1
  3. narfi

narfi Lost

this was just on the server side right? I just restarted my client to check for updates but it didn't seem to dl any. Just wanted to make sure.

narfi

4. Yes, this was just server side...im seeing fewer errors on the clients though as well - one of the errors that often occur I do have a solution for though (working on the client now).. update online later tonight.. :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.