Elite Dangerous

Discussion in 'Other games and gaming' started by aridash, Dec 5, 2012.

1. aridash

aridash large throbbing member

just noticed a thread for Star Citizen... surprised not for the new Elite which is also on kickstarter

i gather Elite is not so well known as WingCommander, but the latter might not have been around if not for the former. Elite is in many respects genesis, not just the first space sim but the first sandbox like game i'm aware of, with no real plot or objective, you just played.

• Like Like x 1
  2. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

Ooh, I remember the original Elite :)

Too many games being created at the moment, and too little time/money.

3. sissi

sissi sissi

Me wants old Elite!

Ohh how coveted the docking attachment was :)

4. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

they released a new trailer recently, it has the old "you felt amazing if you ever managed to manually dock and not crash into" space stations in :D

They are most of the way to their target funding now... I do wonder if they will make it though. My friend says they will however and he knows more about KS projects than me.

edit: they need ~£200,000 a week for the next 2 weeks to make it...

Wist

5. EwoK

EwoK Southern Fortress Engineering

i reckon they'll get it easy.

I never really got into Elite much...it was Frontier that i really loved....I would give up EU if they made that as an open world.

6. Tass

Tass Administrator

There you go:

For Frontier please have a look at this thread: http://www.entropiaplanets.com/threads/eve-eu-swtor-forget-them.6840/

Mh, maybe EP could add a small but fine repository of free2play retro games? Any interest?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 23, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  7. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

Actually, if there's enough interest, that can be done. Maybe not on EP itself, but I have a domain name for it, and seeing I played lots back in those days, I have an extensive collection of old abandonware games.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

I think I found Wing Commander when I was at home... will have to try it out and see... (floppy drive at the ready... Hnnnnnghghgnghghhhhhhhhrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr put put put hurrgggr put put put put)

• Funny Funny x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.