EntropiaPlanets 2021/2022 Updates

Discussion in 'About EntropiaPlanets' started by Tass, Nov 11, 2021.

1. Tass

Tass Administrator

Well, that was pretty rough but here we are :)

Many things still need to be fixed in the coming weeks but the site will be online most of the time.

I might 'announce' some of the changes we've made, most of them are not visible anywhere. The visible changes are still to come :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

"alllrriiiiiiiight!!"

(vague attempt at the in game transaction close sound effect). Great work Tass. I knew you'd manage it in the end!!! Glad to have EP back - it's been missed!!

3. Great that EP is back online!:biggrin: I felt like something was missing last few weeks.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Tass

Tass Administrator

We've switched servers, OS from CentOS 7 to Almalinux8, Webserver from NGINX 1.7 to Litespeed 6, PHP from 5.6 to 7.3, Wiki from 1.24 (from 2014) to 1.35 (from 2020) and of course a plethora of dependencies, extensions and add-ons. Pretty much everything was from 2014 or even older, now it's 2020 or later.

Fixed yesterday: CDN issues
    Fixed today: image uploads to the wiki

• Like Like x 2
  5. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

oh fantastic!! Also that's a HUUUGE amount of work!! Well done must have taken ages to read up on and sort/install all that stuff. I've never even heard of the linux or webserver. /me = noob clearly

6. Tass

Tass Administrator

Hm, I don't think I did really well there :) So much offline time. Mostly doing things I had little to no idea about. And it has been a mess. Solving one problem mostly just revealed several other problems. But... never give up :)

What happend so far this month:

Server stuff:
    • MariaDB upgraded from 5.5 to 10.3
    Wiki stuff:
    • Wiki upgraded to 1.37.4 (2021 version)
    • Semantic MediaWiki upgraded to latest version
    • SematicResultFormats upgraded to latest version
    • PageForms upgraded to latest version
    • Widgets upgraded to latest version
    • some other extensions upgraded
    • some icons fixed
    • YouTube embed fixed
    • Collapsible sibebar menu fixed
    • Sidebar menu burger menu'ed
    • drastically less complex style
    • semi-responsive style
    • edit link for top section
    • purge feature to refresh pages with changed data
    • enabled upload of mp4
    • playing of mp4 files with some options
    • some more stuff I forgot :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

I think you did great even with the down time. Considering the circumstances.

8. Tass

Tass Administrator

So many things happend in the recent weeks but I lost my notes...

Mostly server stuff, some wiki stuff.

New is the feature to upload audio files to the wiki. There's and HTML5 audio player and pages with audio appear in this category: http://www.entropiaplanets.com/wiki/Category:Pages_with_audio (many interviews to listen to)

Next will be something bigger that might lead to downtime.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

Wonder if it would be worth trying to archive some of the old music or sound effects some time with that functionality... interesting one!

10. Tass

Tass Administrator

Technically possible, legally... I don't know :) Would be nice but might be even better/easier on YouTube.

11. Tass

Tass Administrator

• added new feature to manage wiki categories point-and-click style intead of nasty wiki markup
    • server updates
    • full IPv6 support
    • DNS improvements
    Some more server/platform updates coming, site will be offline several times.

• Like Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.