EntropiaTimes Magazine - September 2010

Discussion in 'EntropiaTimes' started by Lykke TheNun, Sep 12, 2010.

1. Dalas

Dalas ANF Master & "Death Limited" Healer

Simply great to see the whole thing. The quality and sheer quantity is huge, especially for just a month of work from a not-really-that-huge group of people. That's some dedication!

I'd pay to have a solid copy for sure.

2. Manticore is pleased to provide supplimental hosting and bandwidth for the PDF version of Entropiatimes!

Visit Manticore's web page here then click on the “EntropiaTimes” tab. Right click on the September issue to download your very own copy!

AG

• Like Like x 1
  3. MindStar9

MindStar9 Floating in Space

Great initiative and support AG, much appreciated. Your site looks awesome. :thumbup:

4. Coachman

Coachman RESCUER

Awsome work MS9 and the rest of the crew.
    Now I understand why you was so silent on how it should be used. Not what I imagined :D

• Like Like x 1
  5. MindStar9

Thanks Coach ... I wanted it to be a totally surprise for you guys, and why I never said anything. ;)

Thanks also to you and your CRT guys for keeping everything under wraps, even though you didn't know what this was for. You have NO idea how hard it was for me NOT to tell you, but the surprise element was more important. :D

I really enjoyed my time with you guys, especially when Magam showed up, which was every time I think. You're a great group, and felt you deserved the recognition for the years of service you have provided to our EU community. :thumbup:

I'll be catching up with you guys soon ... maybe we can have another Hogglo hunt. :D

6. Congrats on your first issue, you all did a great job.

I hope this is just the beginning of a successful project, its about time EU has a consistent media source.

• Like Like x 1
  7. it took me a while but finally i got to read teh mag.
    can not believe it.. I really really enjoy what you guys have put together>
    I Like this months magazine really.. and the pictures theyare wonderful

8. Summer

Summer Colorer & Texturer

Awesome magazine and really great work ;)

and I'm a Marco too lol :D

• Like Like x 1

9. Like other people also wrote: I hope this is just the beginning of a successful project, its about time EU has a consistent media source. ...84 Pages (!) :shock:

btw: i personaly hope cars are not the main topic in the next magazine ;-)

• Like Like x 1
  10. MindStar9

We are just getting started, and will be publishing the magazine quarterly.

And btw ... cars were not the main topic of this magazine ... if you look at the cover of the magazine, you will see that David Post and Next Island was the main feature. The vehicles article just happened to be lengthier because of information and photos that some of our community members provided, and I wanted to make sure that I respected their efforts in helping me with the project, even though they didn't know what it was for. ;)

11. kalanen

kalanen roadkill

nwahaha thanks was fun doing them :D

12. Lykke TheNun

Lykke TheNun Lootius bless you all!

lol :)

It wasn't really suppose to fill this much (I believe I started out with 4 pages) - but so many people from the community contributed one way or another - and the pictures are just too great to crop down to a minimum. Tbh I wanted all of them to be seen - so there you are. All pictures are standing out - and it took lots of space. If I didn't 'packed them' in the last pages of the article, it would have filled even more :D think about that ! haha!

That is how it is when you wish to involve people. And I'm sure MindStar9's idea is to involve as many as possible - to voice the opinions, the feelings, the emotions from the community. And the magazine gives us an awesome opportunity to do so in a 'non-forumish' but more 'community-connected' way :)

So basicly, what I want to say is ... YOU ARE ALL STARS!!! :shock:

And very happy you like it :) we're already itching here to start the next issue and I already have some awesome ideas for some of the layouts/pages, as we already have ideas and planned/booked a lot of the upcoming content ;)

13. Wow this is fantastic and gz to you all for your efforts.

Just seems a shame that we have to wait for pro-active EU players to do this when MA/FPC should have been pulling out their finger ages ago :banghead:

• Like Like x 1
  14. Lykke TheNun

Perhaps, but somehow I'm sure this magazine is different, exactly because it's made by the community and not the company itself :) And besides we LOVE doing it. I know it's difficult to explain, but the staff lounge has been GLOWING lately - and a lot of love and dedication has been placed in this magazine. We made it because we wanted to, not because we had to :)

And thank you for the nice words! It means a lot to us to know that the Entropians like it !!! <3

15. BTW there is a flaw in the article about Swamp Camp
    1. I was Fishace mentor and we meet in 2007
    2. When I was born in 2006 there was the bridge at Zychion first with sweat cap and Camp Phoenix on the spaceships.

So Swamp Camp isnt 5 years old. It was introduced during my break in EU somewhere in 2007. Making it atleast 3 years old.

Hmmm I see some more flaws. In the Newbie article. Calypso isnt destrooyed by War Titon but by War Titan Typhonhttp://www.entropiagateway.com/2009/08/the-end-of-an-era/

No it was the trading place for the newbies and Twins was the trade city for the ubers. It was also the landing place and had the Newbie Arrival Zone also called NAZ where the mentor picked up newbies. Before PA there where different spawn places all around the world. Even Zeus, Nymph Town etc

Other then some facts which should be checked next time. The article seems a nice persective of a view of somebody that is close with newbies.

16. Nice work!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Lykke TheNun

Yes, not really big 'flaws', if you ask me ;) and seeing how little time we had, this is actually quite reasonable! But thanks for the heads up.

18. MindStar9

Also, Swamp Camp wasn't always in one place, and has been referred to as Sweat Camp as well ... I remember Phoenix being the first such place that I remember, and I have been in EU since 4/2/05 ... but as Lykke mentioned, it's really not a major flaw, and a reference to drama being a part of that particular environment (no matter where it's located), and it did in fact happen at Phoenix as well. ;)

19. Puck

Puck Puck

First rate job on the collaboration, design, and release of the Times!
    Looking forward to future issues. :)

20. RAZER

RAZER Custom title ... uh ...

What I think Fish mean here is that the DRAMA at Swamp Camp hasn't changed for 5 years and he's quite right about that :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.