EntropiaTimes Magazine - September 2010

Discussion in 'EntropiaTimes' started by Lykke TheNun, Sep 12, 2010.

1. MindStar9

MindStar9 Floating in Space

I agree ... I've been around since 4/2/05, and places like Zychion, Camp Phoenix, and the area outside of Port Atlantis that was considered Sweat Camp have all been called names similar to Swamp Camp, and ... Fish is right (which was his quote btw), that the drama in these gathering places has not changed in 5 years. Also, NAZ back in the day was part of Port Atlantis, and considered the primary arrival zone, but yes ... other places like Troy, Atlas Haven, and Zeus were also arrival zones. Physicality may have changed with updates, but there is a commonality with behavior that rings true through all periods of time.

2. Thanks. That is what the quote said, though discussions were confusing me a bit and to be honest Ive forgotten most of what I wrote there. It was literally a big brain dump! Im looking forward to next time.

3. MindStar9

What you wrote is fine Magyar, because collectively over 5 years, no matter where the Swamp Camp, Sweat Camp, whatever name it was that was used that was considered the gathering place of newbies and others ... the drama hasn't changed, and I too think that is what Fish meant in his quote as well ... you were just relaying his comment. ;)

4. Anything you say will be:

1. Recorded.
    2. Reported.
    3. Distorted.

-swamp survival guide, page 54

5. I think that goes for pretty much anything EU related. People here are sometimes more interested in being vicious to each other than they are about simply enjoying the atmosphere. Hopefully that quote taken out of context is still just as valid as in context though. That was the intention.

6. Lykke TheNun

Lykke TheNun Lootius bless you all!

A friendly bump to remind you about the contest on page 22 :yay:

7. Tass

Tass Administrator

Any facts about Swamp Camp can go there: Swamp Camp.

8. I would just like to say, after going through the issue, I was really impressed with the way the magazine came out. Great job by all who contributed and to those who made entropiatimes possible. I can't even imagine all the work it took to put together something like this and coordinate the interviews with the "important people".

and a

Thank you to everyone involved for putting something like this out to read.

Imperious

• Like Like x 1
  9. MindStar9

Thank you Imperious, much appreciated ... it was definitely a collaborative effort, and we can't believe ourselves what we did in just a little over a month. We have more breathing room with issues going forward because we'll only be publishing the magazine quarterly.

We already have some great things lined up and locked in for both our December and March issue, and we've already begun the process. :D

Our goal is not only to continue bringing the fun aspect of Entropia to the community, but also go for those important interviews and articles that bridge the gap between developer and player as it relates to communication and information. Perhaps they aren't spending as much time at forums communicating as we would like them to, but if we can reach them in other ways and share it with the community, then at least we'll be more in the know than we would without the magazine articles.

I'm grateful that they have allowed us to invade their space for a minute in order to learn a bit of what's up. You can look forward to more of this as we have VIP interviews confirmed for both the December and March issues already, and working on more to add to it. If what we're planning works out, then December issue should definitely be rockin' indeed. :headbang:

10. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

One the orders go through for printed mags how long will print and delivery time be?

wist

11. Details like this are still being worked out, methinks. Theres discussions right now about which printers to choose, but those choices will likely be dictated by how much demand we have for the copies as costs go down substantially if multiple issues are ordered.

12. Lykke TheNun

We are heading to Holland tomorrow morning and won't be home again before Sunday late evening. In the meantime people can order (and pay) for the magazine untill Sunday - Monday I will (hopefully) be able to make the little adjustments I need for printing - and send it to the printer. From I send it till the printer and you get it - estimate around 2 weeks :)

13. Congratulations to all at Entropiaplanets, the new EntropiaTimes Magazine looks amazing, keep up the good work.

David

14. Lykke TheNun

Thank you, David :) and also thank you for your own contribution to it :D

I am sure I speak for everyone involved in the Magazine when I say, that it means a lot to hear this from an 'official' :)

We are already working on/preparing and looking forward to present the next Issue for the Community in December!

Lykke

15. MindStar9

Thank you very much David, it was a pleasure working with you. The E-Team is appreciative that you took the time to help make your interview a part of our launch issue.

Oh, and ... welcome to our little corner of the universe. :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.