EU-Chronicle band project

Discussion in 'About EU Chronicle' started by slartybartfass, May 14, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Bloodstar

Bloodstar Missing You

I would think almost anything is acceptable as long as we can all import them into the programs we use. Of course one can import all types but not for full editing...

I am using Pro Tools v7.3 M-Audio Edition...

Just record something and post it for us to hear Kets... Woot! ;)

2. Kets

Kets Cranky Old EuC Reporter

You asked for it...Here's one I wrote and recorded in 2003...Kind of a Girl...mp3...it will have to be unzipped.

Apparently it's too big to be downloaded.

3. Bloodstar

Bloodstar Missing You

I am awaiting the link or a download button or something hehe
    Meanwhile I´ll just TP around Amathera in look of a fight ;)

4. Hello folks,
    by reading all your feedback I'm really astonished about the feedback.
    But now I think it is time to bring order to this (very creative) chaos.
    Up to now we have Mora, Bloodstar and Kets
    what you think about Bloodstar for guitar, Mora for drums and Kets for bass (and perhaps vocals) ?
    Of course more are welcome.
    what we should do in advance:
    - think about the format to record, it seems that a windows format would be best (wmf) cause most programs are able to handle it.
    - think about the genre to play and to cover or not (for me rock would be ok, cover as well for the first try)
    - think about the order to record the instruments

if it is helpfull I can open my server at home for storing data and give to the band ftp access to it
    I also can do the part of the mixdown, I know lot's about effects and how to use them , lol

Also we should keep in mind that we need for good mixdown clear tracks, without effects and EQing. But you are all musicians so you surely know about ;)

5. TalkerBot

TalkerBot Forum Pest

Hello there. All?What is your credit card number?Do you mean you and me have?Take it easy. You want more?Interesting question.
    What is your credit card number?Huh.
    That's good information.

6. This piece of demo-software might not be able to send different samples to separate tracks, at least I haven't figured out how to do so. So I could supply one stereo track at a time. Samples are pre-processed and there is only one sample per drum, even though it would be possible to have different samples for different hit velocities. There are lots of knobs to turn but with pre-processed samples those aren't needed much (in my opinion). I need to get better software some day, with lots of samples.

7. Bloodstar

Bloodstar Missing You

Kets:
    has an amazing collection of guitars! His setups can and will most likely be alot better sounding than my made for metal guitar sound! On the subject of guitars we can use the very regular rythm and lead setup. I have a feeling Kets is a good lead player but we will find out won´t we hehe
    Mora:
    Does have drums but we still have to hear if there is talent in his drumming! Of course non-talent is not excluded but does help with projects to have at least alittle soul hehe His sound was good, now just need to hear a song through...

On the subject of singing:
    With the background Kets has I would suggest using him BUT I have yet to hear him sing... Will be nice to get a link in the near future my fellow bandmate hehe

EQing:
    The only thing I recorded with any kind of effect was the voice, there I used reverb but on my guitar I played through my Line 6 spider II... Of course all singing will be minus effects. A file with effects and one without will always be sent from me singing wise. So that you guys can hear the what I am hearing effect wise and then what it sounds like without my effects...

The format/type of files:
    "What does your program handle?" Of course the highest quality available is the option to take. 128 is better than 8 and so forth if you know what I mean hehe Windows Media Files do work for me but just remember to have the quality at max when you save it otherwise it´s gonna sound like crap.

On the subject of recording:
    Of course it will sound better if you have a professional soundcard, the recording will be more managable that way and the tone and style will shine through well! But of course not all can afford to buy any kind of professional soundcard(mine costed 500 dollars+300 for Pro Tools) normal soundcard recording can be done for sure but the result of the recording may well be un-usable in a final mixing. Of course demos and such can be made but if one would think further then it´s time to upgrade from that Soundblaster gaming soundcard hehe

Genre:
    Rock, metal, pop, emo, punk... What ever comes to mind is fine with me. I prefer rock/metal but I am also into many different genres. List of influences: Alter Bridge, AC/DC, Aerosmith, Bon Jovi, Slipknot, Stone Sour, Korn, Steve Vai, Miljenko(Steel Dragon), Zack Wylde, Rainbow, kiss, Mötley Crue, Ozzy... The list is basically endless hehe

To Cover or not to Cover:
    We can try out on a cover first. To see how we sound together on an already made song. You can count me out of any type of fast lead guitar(Metallica lead guitar I can not do) but slower, more bluesy tones I can do... Will just have to record some riffs and leads for you guys to hear!
    What songs come to mind to cover? We can make it very easy with Creep by Radiohead at first... Just name your songs and we shall all see what comes out at the top :)
    Recording Order:
    1. Rythm guitar
    2. Bass guitar
    3. Lead guitar
    4. Piano/synth
    5. Drums
    6. Vocals
    7. Backup vocals
    8. Mixing
    Of course the recording order will never hold up in such a way but that is how one would think is good. Sometimes ideas come from different members and therefor we base songs from different instruments and members. So it´s just a showcase of what a list could look like.

Done for now 8)

8. agreed, of course with some remarks:
    at the moment this is for fun, we will see what the future brings. So do not care too much about your sound cards. of course it should be recorded at best rates. But I do not want to exlude one only because he did not owe a super duper high performance sound card.
    about the music and the selection I leave it to the musicans, I'm more the technic geek in this game. I'm already in contact with a friend who has the real uber equipment for mixdown and effects and so on.
    I feel there is lot of fun ahead, but do not put too much pressure on it, it should be funny in a few days as well :).

9. This only proves what I allways said, some ppl get all kinds of nice things in their loot!
    58 microphones!!!..well i got some hairspray the other day...how about that! :Nurse:

10. Shure 58 is one microphone, he has two of them.

I got rid of my old soundcard few months ago, because of poor midi support. Current one can handle midi signals better and playing can be done almost without latency (1-3ms). M-Audio Delta -series.

We have recorded some songs with drums & bass only with our bandmates, drums first and bass then. It's fun to play guitars & sing over a pre-recorded track if everybody can't make it to the training session. It is somewhat logical order in my opinion. I haven't done any studio recordings so I have no idea how songs are recorded there. I'd go for .wav-files, no compression, no loss of data. But then we need ftp-server where we can upload them.

Rock is fine with me, can't do any progressive-style drumming because of poor in-head metronome. (4/4)

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2008
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Bloodstar

Bloodstar Missing You

Sad part is I don´t think anyone is able to! Not even me haha
    I tried but at the end of that link is only the size description, name and such. My bad lol
    I´ll find another uploading site for both my song and the song Kets sent me...
    Will hopefully be done in about 30 minutes but who knows with these slow ass free uploading sites hehe

12. TalkerBot

TalkerBot Forum Pest

Are they exactly the same? If not you, who? What else is the size description name and such? Do year old females have bad lolI´ll find another uploading site for his or her song and the song Kets sent him or her?Insufficient information.

13. Bloodstar

Bloodstar Missing You

• Like Like x 2
  14. TalkerBot

TalkerBot Forum Pest

What kind of food do you like?
    Why specifically do you hope for those links work for you guys?Like who, specifically?Love and Peace, Man.

15. Good. Now it was possible to download both songs. I'll add my own entry, this was done quickly for some song contest.

http://koti.mbnet.fi/huski/paskoo/moras_song.mp3

I'm a bad singer but don't worry, I won't be singing in the cover we are going to make.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Bloodstar

Bloodstar Missing You

I am listening to this now. What intruments are you playing? The voice is not THAT bad but I´d never buy an album with that voice :protest:lol

With alittle vocal training that voice could be better! It has potential for sure...

Now we have a sample from each of the 3 that have expressed interest... Where do we go from here? Yo Mr. Producer.... Produce :D

:Beer:"Living the life I was born to live, giving it all I´ve got to give..."

P.S
    I have a soar throat, flemm and a headache so don´t ask me for another voice sample today:(

17. Mr. producer is up to technical stuff only, he doesn't mind what we play. He makes it sound good.

I'm playing all the instruments on that song, played basslines with regular guitar as I don't have a bass here.

18. Bloodstar

Bloodstar Missing You

Well then we just have to find a song to cover!

Cryin´ by Aerosmith
    Semi-Charmed Life by Third Eye Blind
    Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
    Nothing Else Matters by Metallica
    Frantic by Metallica
    What´s This Life For by Creed
    Vermilion PT.2 by Slipknot
    Song 2 by Blur
    Sweet Child o´mine by Guns N´Roses
    American woman by Lenny Kravitz(his version)
    Eye Of The Tiger - Survivor
    Mama I´m Coming Home - Ozzy Osbourne

I have tablature books with those songs so they are all accurate from my side, I can send copies in e-mails and such. I don´t know how to play all those songs but I learn quickly ;)
    I just wrote down what came to mind from what I knew I had from authentic tablature but there are alot more and most songs are easy enough to learn...

19. and this with sore throat and a headache. respect !

indeed a normal recording starts with drums, bass, guitar, (lead-)guitar and vocals at last.
    I come back to you later with a howto, will have a interesting date with my favorite engineer this evening.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.