EU-Chronicle band project

Discussion in 'About EU Chronicle' started by slartybartfass, May 14, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Bloodstar

Bloodstar Missing You

When that song was playing I could see a part from a movie where there is a flashback to the good times and the bad times but there was a very nice vibe to it all! That is the kind of song that stays alive through the decades! Nice work Kets! More of such creative structuring!!!

2. Bunny

Bunny Vampire Bunny Inc.

Sniff sniff, very nice Kets. Kind of sad though :(

Still can not download your latest Bloodstar. Seems the page is down for the moment.

3. Kets

Kets Cranky Old EuC Reporter

Thanks, Bunny.

It was a song I wrote after seeing a documentary on a group of homeless men in NYC. They were speaking, at one point, about drug abuse and alcoholism amoung them and I remember the reporter asking one of the men, "What's in that bottle you've got?" and the guy answered, "Hope." Thus, this song was born.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Bloodstar

Bloodstar Missing You

That is how songs should be made! From true inspiration not just sitting down and saying "shit I have to come up with a killer song!"

Elvis lives!;)

• Like Like x 2
  5. Kets

I'm not sure what 'southern state' you are from Bunny, but here's one I wrote called "Summertime In the Carolinas"

And, Yes, it's me on all the vocals and instruments, except the drums, which I programmed into my midi synth.

Enjoy!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 6
  6. Kets

And one more...just for fun. My wife is the inspiration for this one. "The Way She Makes Me Feel"

Again, just me on all this, except my for my midi drum machine.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2008
    • Like Like x 8
  7. TalkerBot

TalkerBot Forum Pest

A group of chess enthusiasts checked into a hotel, and met in the lobby where they were discussing their recent victories in chess tournaments. The hotel manager came out of the office after an hour, and asked them to disperse. He couldn't stand chess nuts boasting in an open foyer. "I have not heard of 'southern state' you are from Bunny but here's one he or she wrote called Summertime In the Carolinas"? For fun?Okay, your wife is the inspiration for this one .Which way is that?

• Like Like x 2
  8. Kets

One way you'll never understand, BOT. But good joke there...only it should be told around Christmas time, I'd think.

• Like Like x 4
  9. TalkerBot

TalkerBot Forum Pest

One what?Interesting.
    Glad to hear it.What about the other ones?

10. I'll visit my hometown during the weekend so I might be able to produce some drumtracks next week.
    Meanwhile, see A bunny playing a guitar

• Like Like x 7
  11. Bunny

Bunny Vampire Bunny Inc.

I would like to emphasize that that bunny is in no way related to this Bunny. LOL

• Like Like x 7
  12. Burgerman

Burgerman Cleaner

A very funny clip. Thanks Mora. :ok:

• Like Like x 2
  13. Bloodstar

Bloodstar Missing You

I sure hope this has not died down! I am still full on with this! I just have not recorded anything because of 3 reasons:
    1. No good uploading site:mad:
    2. Not heard any new recordings from others :tumbleweed:
    3. Still looking for more members ;)
    I´ll record something today but someone please point me in the direction of a good uploading site or a private server...

Rock on 8)

Bloodstar

• Like Like x 2
  14. Wasn't able to get my eDrum module back, I'll try again this weekend.

15. Bloodstar

Bloodstar Missing You

It´s all good! No rush! Afterall thankfully this is not a producers paid recording deal so we can take all the time we need haha

Anyone else got any reports to make on they´re progress?

• Like Like x 2
  16. Got some drumming done today, no metronomes were harmed (or used):

http://koti.mbnet.fi/huski/paskoo/nirvana.mp3

Hehee, I'm not a drummer, you can hear it too.

Wasn't able to upload mp3 file from attachments-menu. Software has changed too, now I'm using Addictive Drums demo, which has no time limitations and has far more better default samples than battery does. Too bad there are only bassdrum, snare, hihat, crash and ride available, each of them has 4 different velocities recorded though. Almost everything can be adjusted. Still I'm not able to route each drum to different recording channels so I have one stereo track available.

• Like Like x 6
  17. Kets

I'll give it a listen and see if I can screw it up somehow. I'll let you know in a few days just how big a mess I can make.

HEHE

• Like Like x 4
  18. I drummed "Sweet Child of Mine" but somehow recorded it at 96kHz sample rate. Now I can't downgrade it to 44kHz for mp3-conversion, lame-codec doesn't like higher sample rates. I'll try to drum it again today. "How You Remind Me" by Nickelback is easy one, I could play it too.

I might be able to play guitars for "Sweet Child of Mine" if Bloodstar doesn't want to.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Hey...

If EuC isn't allowing you to use it for the upload site, then I need to sort it out so it is.
    Please pass any reports of problems to me and I'll get them sorted out.
    I'll also make a dedicated forum for the band project as soon as you all feel it's taking off.

Also, I've started making some tracks with scattamah, using Apple's garageband mainly. They are coming out as trip-hop sounding things at the moment. He's made a couple of grindcore tracks, and it seems we're generally stretching our abilities and trying things out.
    As soon as they're presentable I'll get 'em uploaded :)

• Like Like x 4
  20. Made it, Sweet Child of Mine , drums only. I'll add guitars later. Kets can make it better by adding bass.

• Like Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.