Forbes Coverage of Treasure Island

Discussion in 'Deathifier' started by Deathifier, Feb 22, 2010.

1. Last week I had a chat to Oliver from Forbes about the business I have running inside Entropia, as part of a story he was writing about "Extravagant And Outrageous Virtual Goods."

The conversation went well and covered a wide range of topics covering how the business operates, how things have changed over time, comparisons to real world investment options, security of the virtual world, and the skills I've learned over the years.

It was actually one of the most interesting interviews I've had :)

It was distilled into his article titled:
    The World's Most Expensive Island--Online

Additionally the original story was turned into a slideshow:
    http://www.forbes.com/2010/02/17/fa...iness-intelligence-virtual-goods_slide_2.html

The slideshow includes the other major Calypso properties and items from other online games, some of which I've seen before, and some I haven't.

It's interesting to see that the business empires (corporate or not) in Second Life didn't get any coverage, although an item did - perhaps this hints at the different ways the virtual worlds are perceived.

- Deathifier

• Like Like x 1
  2. Lykke TheNun

Lykke TheNun Lootius bless you all!

wow that is really neat :D gratz on the interview.

I see that both wow and SL are mentioned on the second page (and some people even thanks for the interview) - but no doubt were the whole focus is ;)

3. CycoKick

CycoKick Notorius cK

very nice :)

Gratz on that coverage!

4. Lavawalker

Lavawalker RETIRED

That seems to be common themes about virtual goods and assets in Entropia & SL in the news.

Grats on the coverage btw, it is always good to get exposure from an establishment such as Forbes.

They have had lots of coverage in the past few years, people are looking for something new other than SL to write & read about ;)

If MindArk would start getting their act together a lot more than they have at present, improvements noted and with a little more sanity added to their approach/mindset on various fronts (less destructive modus operandi, greater affordability to the average day wage earning user & better quality control), they could get a whole lot more coverage from notable establishments that would drive their business to much greater success.

Not to mention the improvement for all in being involved without having their arses ripped out sideways trying to do things in Entropia with MindArks' attempt to reach for the users' wallets & purses. (inc. unethically high levels of buffering of funds over long periods of time before return to the participant which may end up this service being flagged as involving gambling by some countries regulators)

A note to any MindArk partner world CEOs who may read this,
    Here is some honest up-front feedback for you to consider.

Link > http://www.entropiaforum.com/forums...island-open-beta-2-3weeks-12.html#post2330206

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.