From David Post

Discussion in 'Next Island News & Information' started by Meg, May 10, 2011.

1. Meg

Meg Next Island : Game Content Designer

I figured I would pre-empt some of your questions. We've now completed the phase of our development where an outside producer created our planet. We have a beautiful planet and now we're working on developing the content and gameplay what we believe will set us apart. We have a great team here to Next Island, led by our new game producer Harold Sipe, and you already know Meg Stivison.
    We are all very busy working on our June content and this is all we can say right now.

David Post

(Crossposted to Next Island News)

2. XD

* screaming happy *

I am soooo excited to see what comes out! Just dont you dare to do the release when I am in mexico

>-.-<

3. Does that mean NDS is out? I hope things work out, have to say I am getting discouraged :( And I really hope the June update is something that will change my mind. :) http://www.linkedin.com/in/haroldsipe

4. MindStar9

MindStar9 Floating in Space

I have to chime in here as well, because I spent a good portion of time in one-on-one communication with David to learn about his life's work, as well as his dream and vision for Next Island while working on the exclusive interview for the September 2010 EntropiaTimes launch issue.

His almost boyish tone at times talking about where and when he gave birth to his vision for what ultimately has become Next Island clearly spoke to his passion and emotion surrounding this project. I was incredibly impressed with where he wanted to evolve with it.

In light of his recent message to the community ... I sincerely hope that as a result of (seeming) changes that are being made going forward, that David will have an opportunity to truly realize his vision and dream for Next Island. It will also be interesting to see if we will learn in June what he is unable to share with us now.

5. I think the message clearly states that NDS is not involved with Next Island any more after completing the creation phase, and that Harold Sipe is now in charge. This is probably what David wanted to tell us "in a few days" some time ago, but probably couldn't due to legal reasons.

Fingers crossed because I feel there is potential in Next Island, and a warm welcome to Harold Sipe - a lot of people will be watching your next moves :D

[Edit] P.S. I hope the decision to change game producer was not due to the usual mobish outbreak of the ND hate squad.[/Edit]

6. Meg

Meg Next Island : Game Content Designer

I'm really pleased about working with Harold. We're really dedicated to bringing David's vision to life in the game -- cannot wait to show you what we've been working on for June!

7. Maybe a small sneak peek? Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeee?

8. MindStar9

An immense welcome goes out to Harold as the newest member of the Next Island team, and I for one am looking forward to what all of this means, and especially with what will come with the June update. I feel an air of renewed energy ... let's see where this takes us. :)

I want to visit Next Island, but my trip is still on standby ... I'm hoping this change makes a difference.

And to Manny ... David is a pioneer with a history of successful business endeavors ... I believe he's able to make an intelligent assessment of where Next Island is at, and where it isn't at based on his own involvement and experiences aside from anything that has taken place at forums.

At any rate, I would love to see Next Island succeed, and become the full vision that David began in his youth.

9. I believe so too, and that's why i stated that i hoped it wasn't the reason. It would contradict my beliefs.

Absolutely no argument here. Can't wait to see it realized and experience it myself :D

10. A weekly sneak peak would be great! I second the ppppppllllleeeeaaaaaasssseee! :)

11. red

red

this all very good to hear.

I look forward to the june content release.

12. Hello all,

I just wanted to say hello and thank you for the warm welcome and well wishes. I consider it a real privilege to have the opportunity to work with David to help realize his vision in Next Island.

MindStar9, I agree that David’s enthusiasm is amazing and his dedication to the vision of what Next Island can be is a large part of why I chose to join this team.

Everything this we are working on for June and the following months grows out of two top priorities:

1) Realizing David Post’s vision in game through a new series of characters, quests and other content designed to provide a conceptual underpinning for the game.

2) Introducing content to deepen and improve gameplay and player engagement.

We’ll be providing peeks into development soon and it's my hope that sneak peeks will become an regular feature on the forum and blog very soon.

I hope you enjoy what we have in the works and look forward to your feedback.

Best,
    -Harold

13. Welcome Harold! And thanks for taking the time to come in here and post! We desperately need more communication and look forward to seeing those regular sneak peaks soon :)

lol and I see you have been spying on us since March :cool:

14. Excellent news! :-) I cant wait to see the island as a place independent of Calypso where people can thrive.

15. Good to see that you're taking an active communicative role, can't wait to see what you've been preparing for us :D

16. narfi

narfi Lost

Looking forward to seeing what you have in store for us ;)

narfi

17. MindStar9

Welcome Harold ... I consider your joining the Next Island team as a much needed breath of fresh air, but let me state also, that I am incredibly pleased that David shifted gears. I felt the passion and excitement when I interviewed him last year, and I'm thrilled that things will be on course toward achieving his goals. I'm looking forward to what is to come. :)

18. Welcome Harold. I look forward to what Next Island has in store.

19. Ohh welcome! When I get special Kitten shop / house? hhehe XD

20. Welcome Harold :)

A breath of fresh air.

This new is making me double my efforts to get my PC up and running again to get back to EU and NI.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.