Game of Thrones - The Final

Discussion in 'Life, the Universe and Everything' started by Jamira, Nov 29, 2018.

1. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

New trailer for the final season is up:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Video unavailable in my country. :(

3. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

upload_2019-3-5_23-44-51.png
    But I found it somewher else. Not much to learn from. Just it'll be the final battle ... as expected.
    I felt set back to the trailor of Jurassic Park II:
    Bomm. Bomm. Bomm.
    Something.
    Has.
    Survived.
    Additional I found this:

4. “Video nicht verfugbar” (with dots above the’u’)

I think this is it for UK?

5. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

Well, it started.

Almost everybody arrived at Winterfell meanwhile.
    Aegon (aka Jon Snow) and Daenerys Targaryen with two remaining dragons, Arya and Sansa Stark, the Three-Eyed Raven (former Brandon Stark), Ser Davos, Jaime and Tyrion Lannister, Samwell Tarly, Jorah the Andal, Varys, Gendry (bastard of Robert Baratheon), Brienne of Tarth, Sandor "The Hound" Clegane, Beric Dondarion. Tormund Giantsbane and Theon Greyjoy are on there way to join the final battle. Yara Greyjoy will prepair Pyke as refuge if everything fails.

Contrawise Cersei Lannister sits at King's Landing supported by the Golden Legion (no elephants!), the Iron Fleet, Gregor "The Mount" Clegane, Qyburn, Ser Bronn of Blackwater and the remaining Lannister army. Sounds like the side of the loosers. At least Bronn and Qyburn don't care much for specious promises. Even Euron Greyjoe will desert soon if things go wrong. He reached his main goal already: "To fuck the queen".
    Where is Melisandre?

Valyrian blades: Aegon Targaryen, Arya Stark, Samwell Tarly, Brienne of Tarth, Jamie Lannister.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2019
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

I just watched episode 2. I loved it.

So much humour in that. So many little inside jokes. I really enjoyed the fireplace scene. Sworn enemies at some point, but gathered there now with 1 common goal in mind; survival. Somehow I wish the Hound would have joined them.

I never considered Jamira's ponit. Every known piece of Valyrian steel is right there at Winterfell. And with the death of Ser Selmy as well as Ser Lorass, Jaime would be the best sword fighter in the 7 kingdoms. Of course, he's sort of handicapped, but still. Winterfell at this very moment holds all the aces. If Jaime no longer is the top sword fighter, pretty much anyone let alive able to replace him is right there; Jon, Arya, Brienne, The Hound. Fuck the Mountain. He relies on brute strength. They have dragonglass, and all known Valeryan steel swords.

What baffles me is how they do not turn all dragonglass into arrows, as that probably would give a greater chance to wipe out as much as the enemy as possible from afar, but oh well.

I re-watched Episode 1 today, too. It was OK, compared. I will watch episode 2 again, , too. It seems so much more aligned with the earlier seasons that sucked me in so much. If this is an upfront notice for how season 8 will end, then by all means, bring it the fuck on.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

Harr, we can watch second episode tomorrow at Amzon Video.
    Well, Valyrian steel and Dragon glass are good to kill White Wanderers. Not against the undead. To kill the undead fire may help (dragons). Arya asked Gendry already for smithing a special weapon from Dragon glass. The drawing looked like a shooting tool. That encourages me to believe, that Arya will play a main role. The little girl, the biggest badass of Westeros.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

Oha, Arya Stark had sex with Gendry, the bastard of Robert Baratheon. (Eddard Stark and Robert Baratheon were fellows as well.)

What if Bronn executes the order of Cersei and kills Jamie and Tyrion, Arya completes her list and kills Cersei, Daenerys and Aegon Targaryan, the two dragon riders, die in the battle against the Night King?

No claimant of the iron throne would remain?

Except Gendry. Someone has to nominate him to be a Baratheon. The Academy of Oldtown? Because Samwell Turly ask for it? Samwell, probably the future Hand of King Gendry, who rules the five guideless kingdoms, married with Arya Stark and have friendly connections to the Queen of the North Sansa Stark of Winterfell and the Queen Yara Greyjoy of Pyke.

But probably Mr Varys will survive with the help of the Red Woman, win the throne and introduce something like communism ... ?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2019
  9. NotAdmin I had exactly the same thoughts about dragonglass arrows.

Jamira, recent developments suggest that Arya is no longer ‘the little girl’ ;)

10. Dragonglass also works against the undead. Check the episode where they bring one to King's landing. How does it die?

11. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

The new episode:

[​IMG]

Lightning was waaaay too dark.

Loved the bit with the Dorthraki army seen engaging the dead from a distance. An amazing way to portray the impending doom.

And fuck yeah, Arya Stark. The scene in the hall where she's avoiding zombies seemed odd, though. Why would there be a handful of zombies in that room, while there's literally thousands of them pouring into Winterfell?

The battle was won, but at what cost? The Dorthraki are gone. Jorah gone. Theon gone. The dude with the flaming sowrd is gone. Most of the Unsullied, too. No more dragons, either. Who's going to be able to fight that bitch occupying the iron throne now?

The one that hurt most was the brave little girl who killed the giant.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Dark lighting + rapid camera movements...I watched during the day, maybe not optimum viewing conditions using a standard quality Kodi stream and my old Panasonic TV...but most of the time I was half-guessing what was happening from the dialogue.

Still, I think not a bad storyline all things considered (taking into account that inevitably we’re going to lose some leading characters as we near the series end).

13. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

YEAHHHH! I was right!
    ARYAAAAAAA! She killed the Night King with her valyrian dagger and ended the war against the undeads.
    As I said: She is the biggest badass of Westeros and Bravos.

Don't forget young Lady Mormond, another young and small badass with a mind of honor and courage. She killed a giant and died.

Part two of the final battle is against Cersei. That's another game. Cersei is probably smarter than the Night King ;-)
    The northern folks and Denerys with the rest of her army should leak their wounds, rest a while and stay in the north. And wait.
    Are the the dragons really dead? Aegon (Jon) had a crash landing. Wasn't clear if the dragon died.

Notes regarding Arya:
    Cersei was (is still?) on her list.
    "Tell them: Winter came to House Frey. The north remembers."

Last edited: Apr 30, 2019
  14. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

We had 42th wedding day and visited an italian restaurant. At least we could sit outside in the garden because it was warm. Wonderful! I said: "Well, we could watch episode 3 right here on my tablet." My wife was appalled. "Are you stupid? We own a 65" TV!" So we drank up our wine and went home to watch it. Was worth it.

• Like Like x 2
  15. I am waiting for the latest series of it.....

16. This is imo the best analysis of EP 3

17. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

LOL! Arya isn't a lady. She kicked Gendry Baratheon, went down south and met The Hound. Both are on their way to meet their final goals.
    Arya Stark: Cersei
    Sandor Clegane: his brother Gregor
    Could be a good idea to work together.
    Several people during the whole story were mentors/protectors/helpers of Arya: Syrio Forel, Yoren, Sandor Clegane, Jaqen H'ghar, Melisandre, Ser Brienne of Tarth and finally and most important Berric Dondarion. This is an outstanding number of supporters. But what for?

Arya finished the battle against the Night King. I assume she will finish the battle against Cersei Lannister as well by killing her with the help of Sandor. I doubt she want the Iron Throne. So what?

Again:
    Sandor Clegane and Brienne of Tarth at King's Landing:
    Tarth: She is alive. Arya.
    Clegane: Where?
    Tarth: Winterfell.
    Clegane: Who's protecting her if you're here?
    Tarth: The only one that needs protecting is the one that gets in her way.

Last edited: May 11, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

Oha, Daenerys went to berserk. That was a fatal error. She now has an enemy wich she neither can avoid nor conquer: Arya Stark. I think Arya is the biggest menace for Daenerys now. And she is a mighty enemy.

I hope that my favorite since series one of season one will rule them all: Arya.

Survivors until now:
    1 Baratheon
    2 or 3 Starks (depends on Brandon)
    1 Lennister
    2 Targaryens with Drogon
    1 Greyjoy

19. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

It was telling that Varys ended up being right. I was frankly shocked when Dani unleashed the dragon onto the city, after the Lanister army pretty much had surrendered and the city was already hers. There is no logical explanation for her turning on the city, rather than just going for the Red Keep itself. She said she wasn't interested in ruling over ashes, and then she did this.

I think Jon Snow will realize Varys was right, and that Dani on the throne is not a good outcome. I'm not sure if Arya will be involved in disposing of Dani, though. I feel like she played her part in Winterfell. Proof of that would be her attempt to rescue the mother and daugther, who ended up dead because of it.

Her still being alive also seems odd, somehow. Then again, Euron was apparently the sole survivor of the fleet being destroyed, and somehow ended up on the right beach at exactly the right time to fight Jamie, after having had to swim several miles (judging by the distance when seeing the fleet from the Red Keep).

By the way. The smirk/smile on Cercei's face right when she first steps into the window was great. Cercei has always been an incredibly sexy woman in my eyes. The shorter hair and her devious character of the last few seasons definitely diminished that part for me. But that smile? Wow.

20. the WTF edition..

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.