Game of Thrones - The Final

Discussion in 'Life, the Universe and Everything' started by Jamira, Nov 29, 2018.

1. Lol very funny but also sacrilege!

Was that a “McVideo”?

I suspect not but includes some elements of his style but doesn’t get surreal enough to be genuine Mc.

Cercei - basically a decent lady who loves children and one of her brothers.

Dracarys! Someone please explain the physics of how a gigantic flying lizard can produce that much flame throwing!!!

Probably all the main characters will be burnt alive by dragon breath and the dragon will take the iron throne for itself before accidentally vaporising it in a careless sneeze. <lol>

2. San

San

• Like Like x 1
  3. Yes I think I agree. A bit like that rubbish Star Wars movie that took a wrong turning (ie was total crap).

I hadn’t realised that the last episode didn’t follow the original written storyline but yes, that explains the slight feelings of bewilderment and dissatisfaction I felt during and post-episode.

Jamira will re-write an improved episode I reckon.

4. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

I think Daenerys finally became a child of her father: "Burn them all! BURN THEM ALL!"

I agree regarding Jon Snow - or better Jon Stark - wich he is from the bottom of his heart. Like Theon Greyjoy was. Sansa dignified him with a wolf pin. One of the pack even.

Regarding Cersei ... cut hair always stands for switching to combat mode (Taxi Driver, J.I. Jane). I liked it as well. (You understand Jamie completely, don't you?) At least I was sure she would die while I saw her smile at the high walls of the Red Keep. I thought Arya would do the job. But Daenerys did it.

Euron was really a great character in the game. "At least I fucked the Queen." Congratz! I loved him.

Only a few days left. So, last bids?
    I say Arya will rule them all. Probably with the help of Brandon and Samwell Tarly. She will kill Daenerys. Dunno what happens to the dragon. Probably it will follow Jon. But Jon Aegon Snow Stark Targaryan will become the king. Sansa will become the Protector of the North. Tyrion will become the new Lord of Casterly Rock and Protector of the West. Gendry Baratheon is the Lord of Storm's End.

This would be the usual expected end. But GoT always surprised us. Let's see ...

Last edited: May 17, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  5. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

Trailer for the last episode. I'm fairly certain I will cancel my HBO subscription next week.

6. I really don’t like this.

You’ve made me depressed. :(

7. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

Yep, probably Daenerys will survive. There was a prophecy in season one about a mystic place by a woman with a mask ... can't remember right. God Of The Light? But she will not sit at the Iron Throne.

8. Phew!

Don’t scare me like that Jamira!!

For Arya to kill her that would be a double-whammy and the universe would no longer make sense.

It would be up there with the crappy ending of ‘Lost’.

9. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

Yep, many folks don't like the final season. I think some of the moves are vexing and unintelligible. But my long term favorite Arya made it with the help of so many folks. She survived and killed the the biggest enemy of Westeros with her dagger made of Valyrian steel. The weapon that once should hurt her brother Brandon. So I'm fine with the story until now. Brandon, Samwell Tarly and Arya. Let's see what HBO present at the end.

Last edited: May 19, 2019
  10. Don’t forget little but equally brave and bad-ass Lyanna Mormont.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

I don't forget her. Unfortunately she died :( But she died killing a giant!

Last edited: May 19, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  12. San

San

I hope everyone enjoyed it, because...
    https://www.rt.com/op-ed/459606-game-thrones-feminist-pc-undead/

Since I don't watch TV and eschew subscriptions I still haven't seen a single episode, and I'm patient to wait for used disc-set prices to drop. If I ever find the time, I'll want to catch up with the books. I enjoyed earlier works of George R.R. Martin. Not sure I'm too much interested in Hollywood's expansion of them, as visually stunning as everything is they do.

So, what is next, is there a life after GoT?

If there is one I'm really hoping to see one day -- but it seems unlikely:
    https://uncoy.com/2010/03/epic-fant...n-r-donaldsons-thomas-covenant-trilogies.html

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. <No Spoiler Alert>

But dying to comment (eventually).

Damn, I think I’ve already said too much. ?!?

14. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

And that's a wrap. What a let-down. I actually think the final episode was a bit better than I expected after last week's clusterfuck.

upload_2019-5-20_19-47-54.png

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

I like it.
    You once said that we will see a happy end, didn't you? Finally it was kinda happy end. With some unexpected turns. Like everything during the whole story. Many folks are discontent. Not me. I wished a more dramatic final for my favorite Arya. Alas, she sails to the unexplored west with sails wearing the sign of House Stark. Sadly, without her direwolve Nymeria.

And I am in a comfortable situation: no need to recall Amazon Prime because I am not satisfied at 100% with HBO :-)

16. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

Well, I'm guessing you will get to enjoy a ton of adventures by Arya. Her sailing off to the West like that is bound to turn into a spin-off series ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. episode 8x07

in the meantime In essos: a raven brings the message of Daeneris passing to ... Daario Naharis in Mereen
    He sinks to the ground swearing revenge for the death of his queen and starts building the largest fleet Essos has ever seen, to sail across the narrow sea with his second sons.

Jon Snow says goodbye to Tormund and his wildlings and returns to castle black. scene pans out and shows a wildling woman who investigates muffled cries. It turns out to be a baby.. with bright blue eyes........ The woman decides to raise the child as her own........

• Like Like x 1
  18. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

I'm pretty sure exactly this will happen. But I'm not sure if I would like it. My point of view: the story is finished.

... Drogon flys to the north and asks Jon Snow (aka Aegon Targaryan, the last dragon) for a flight down south. Tyrion builds a better sewerage in King's landing, Bron builds better brothels in King's landing with Ser Podrick as consultant.
    Sounds like a lot of stuff for spin-offs. HBO will do such things. Rumors say they will build adventure parks in Northern Irland ... **Roll Eyes**

Last edited: May 22, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  19. and the dragon will take the iron throne for itself before accidentally vaporising it in a careless sneeze. <lol>

:)

20. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

Oh, you didn't watch the last series?
    Drogon melted the iron thron already.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.