Game Theory - PvP for everyone

Discussion in 'Entropia Events' started by Salix, Aug 30, 2010.

1. Salix Sol Presents:

[​IMG]

Event 3!

Date: 27th, November, 2010 - 22:00-23:00 MA time
    Ticket Price: 15 PED

Please get there 1/2 an hour earlier to help the organisers and maximise the playing time.

Rules:
    One life only, deaths will be tracked, once you are killed you are out of the game. Revive room exit will be blocked off.

A certain percentage of the ticket money will go onto the prize pool. This prize pool will be evenly distributed to all contestants still in the game, that is, hasn't been killed at the end of the event. This will happen even if noone dies.

The percentage of the ticket price going towards the prize pool will determine how many people still need to be alive in order to get your ticket money back (that is, if 60% of the ticket price goes towards the prize pool, 60% or less still alive will guarantee everyone gets their money back (not including decay).
    Here are the Prize Pool percentages for the number of people registered.
    1-20 registered, PP is 60%
    21-49 registered, PP is 70 %
    50+ registered, PP is 80%

Further Rules
    TT ITEMS ONLY!
    That means, Vivo T1, Settler armour and Trade Terminal Weapons. No amps or enhancers allowed.
    No leaving the PvP area (includes using the TP).
    No TP chips.
    Radar Disabled.

Judges will be there to violently enforce these rules!!!

Bonus Game: Game Theory ends at the judges discretion (typically when slaughter has stopped). If there is time left, it becomes a free for all! Person with most kills at the end of the event gets all ammo and decay used!

The event starts on the hour! Sharp! This means you are expected to know the rules and be ready, in position, with the gear, when the event starts.

If you are caught outside the event area at any time, you risk being disqualified from this and all future events. Some leniency may be applied for latecomers.

Diplomacy IS paramount, do not rush into killing people, because you may end up killing people who can help you win!

Teams are highly encouraged (though you don't have to stay as a team for the entire event )

And of course, you can potentially win this event without any gear at all.

Please register at the Zychion event NPC, or if you see me in game, I might have some tickets available.

This may become a monthly or fortnightly event given demand.

Check out the thread from last year to see reactions:
    http://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/fo...t-zychion.html

If you would like to volunteer in assisting the event in someway (either as a judge, advertiser, or something else) please PM and I will gladly follow it up.

• Like Like x 1
  2. MindStar9

MindStar9 Floating in Space

Hey Sol ... sounds like a fun event, and I love the header pic in your post ... I have a nice sized bronze Thinker statue on a granite base (heavy sucker) that I got as a gift years ago, and it sits atop my library shelving. Great job doctoring up the Zychion statue. :thumbup:

If I have the time and schedule permits, I might be around to capture some pics for a mini-picture story to add to your thread. That's providing my purple ass lasts long enough to do it. Maybe we can create a no-shoot shield around the news reporter, eh? :D

3. Sounds great MS9. Would love to have you around for it.

As said, I'm hoping to make this a regular event, so a mini-story for it would be great so people who missed out can learn what it's about and come for the next one.

4. Tass

Tass Administrator

Didn't MSR broadcast live from last years event? :headscratch:

I would like to recommend this event. It's not primarily in-game skills that make the difference, it's strategy and teamwork.

Go and get your ticket!

5. MindStar9

MindStar9 Floating in Space

Yes my dear Tass ... MSR did a live broadcast of this event last year (at least I think I did :p - I did several live broadcasts of events) and it was a blast.

However ... as you know my E-Team buddy ... this is crunch week and time is extremely tight, so I'm not sure I'll be able to get involved this year. :(

Maybe one of our Media Team members would be available to cover a little bit of this event and get pics and a little action to write of a story. I'll see if someone is available, but really can't promise anything since we are all playing beat-the-clock.

6. Event over. Winner's were a 5 man team from cK. Gratz to them.

This event will be repeated, probably monthly, Hope to see some EPers participate. :)

A media report on it would be great also. :D

7. Bump, another event in a few days. :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.