Gateways and Guardians - The Story of a Calypsian Refugee Part 4

Discussion in 'Blogs' started by Thorn, Mar 9, 2011.

1. Thorn

Thorn Proud CND Baby

Another day in the tropical paradise of Next Island. My body has had time to readjust from the journey. I`m settling into my new home and enjoying the change of scenery and exploring new ground. But there is still that underlying uneasiness. And it can best be summed up by a question mark.

It was a pretty routine day of gathering most of the teleporters with just a few left to go. But one stays on my mind. Sherman Outpost. I had breezed through the area running tp`s the previous day. I noticed the presence of robots. I`ve never cared for the artificial intelligence much so bot hunting has always been one of my favorite pursuits. And to top it off living through the hell that was the Typhon Event of Calypso is all to fresh in my mind. To put it mildly I don`t trust them.

These bots appear as ??? in other words having no name. They seem to have at least a couple generations doing varying damage but have no clear indicator other than size. Upon decommissioning a few it was revealed that they are called Portal Guardians. Though seeming to be of older technology they resemble drones in a way yet don`t seem to use firearms for attack. The area apparently is a portal or gateway that some say allows you to travel back in time. Word is one of us has passed through and others are working on cracking this mystery. It reminds me a bit of the orbs that appeared on Calypso before the Typhon struck. I smell Akbal Cimi all over it and don`t like it one bit! My only recourse is to make it my mission to eliminate as many of these menaces as I can.

I made several excursions to the area around Sherman Outpost today. I took down scores of these bots and explored in over around and through the portal gateway. A natural arch in the ridge that cuts through the area. While I did`nt see any signs of other wordly forces the area definitely has some significance and had me feeling a bit uneasy. I did my best to cull to robot population but they just kept coming. Fortunately Lootius was watching over me and treated me well. I`ll be able to stock up and return to the area to resume indulging my inquisitiveness between other activities.

There is alot to digest with all that Ive seen these past few days. And this robot situation sit heavily on my mind. There is something to it all and I intend to find out just what first hand. I thought I left the robot menace behind leaving Calypso and coming to this tropical paradise. Apparently I was mistaken. But fortunately I am prepared.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.