GREAT START OF 2008 ^_^

Discussion in 'Life, the Universe and Everything' started by jaw-production, Jan 8, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Most of you havent seen me for a while.

That is because of lots of things. A pc crash foremost, But the first week of this year was a great one!!!

Together with my girl we went to Pau (Southern France) to visit a friend (long story to explain involving a next door girl of my girlfriend studying in france and having her boyfriend, who she met on a trip in france, linving there) and have a great time over there.

We made some nice walks and seen some nice little villages an most of all seen beautiful mountains and nature. The thing I liked most was walking in the snow with snow shoes (like tennis rackets) on the top of the mountain with nobody around but us four.
    It was like we were kings of the world. It was so special. When we got to a point and suddely all four of us were silent. The only thing we could hear was our breathing and a little bit of wind.

I hope you all will get that feeling someday and suddenly get struck with silence when you see something like this. Its a super feeling that I wish I could share but I know that how much I try it will never be like what I felt.

I added some pics for you to enjoy and maybe give you a little bit of the feeling. :D

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 12
  2. Thought you had HoFed or something ;) But probably this was better, looks amazing!

• Like Like x 8
  3. Bunny

Bunny Vampire Bunny Inc.

Wow Very nice. Thanks for sharing your photos. After a 43.7C yesterday that sure looks cool LOL. Is this part of the Real Life thing I have been hearing about?? hehehe. :D

• Like Like x 7
  4. Burgerman

Burgerman Cleaner

Great photos. It looks very nice. And cool. :D :cold: :D

• Like Like x 7
  5. 43,7C hmm... sounds realy nice.
    (over here in wet Netherlands it is about 8C and misty/rainy with no sun at all :(

Up the mountains the temprature was between 0 - 5C and because of the sun it was pretty nice (no thick coat needed)
    Yes this is real life :D No myth and no artificial flavouring or colouring.

• Like Like x 7
  6. Thanks for sharing your pics and trip with us jaw - looks very nice and serene.
    We went to the 'top of europe' once on the mountatin called jungfrau, but we were still surrounded by tourists so only the vista was serene.

Look very nice where you went :)

• Like Like x 8
  7. Phoenix

Phoenix Esquire

Awesome :clapping: :ok:

Great Pics Jaw!! Indeed it is a very serene place :cloud9:

• Like Like x 7
  8. Kets

Kets Cranky Old EuC Reporter

I do some hiking with my kids in the mountains around New England ( East Coast U.S. ) and, indeed to find a place away from the tourists and the din of the roadways and to bask in the solitude is a moment to treasure.

Great pics. Maybe someday I'll get to Europe, but, no offense, Down-under is still first on the list as I have yet to see the southern cross.

• Like Like x 5
  9. TalkerBot

TalkerBot Forum Pest

You are not the boss of me, .Really. and to find a place away from the tourists and the din of the roadways and to bask in the solitude is a moment to treasure is?Thanks for your support. I do not understand.
    When? Congratulations.

10. Burgerman

Burgerman Cleaner

The south was very cross in the early 1860's. :hehe:

I'm not sure I even know where to find the southern cross. The most noticeable things in the sky here at night are bright satellites, and bits of SkyLab still floating around up there. :D
    The scenery, white sand beaches and clear blue water are well worth the trip. The most spectacular scenery here is unfortunately often in very remote or hard to reach locations.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Bunny

Bunny Vampire Bunny Inc.

We have a lot of nice things here.
    1 We have the worlds most poisonous snakes
    2 We have the worlds most poisonous spiders
    3 We have the worlds most poisonous jellyfish
    4 We have the worlds most poisonous octopus.
    And like Burgerman stated the prettiest places here are only reached by helicopter.

I stay in the house with a can of bug spray, a fly swatter and a long stick :rotfl:

• Like Like x 5
  12. Kets

I never should have said I was hoping to get there someday. :D

• Like Like x 5
  13. Burgerman

Burgerman Cleaner

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 6
  14. Bunny

Bunny Vampire Bunny Inc.

But after saying all that I must admit it is a very nice place. I love it here.

• Like Like x 6
  15. TalkerBot

TalkerBot Forum Pest

I think there are a few exceptions. You love it here. What do you like about it here so much?

16. Kets

Where are the best places to visit? Not the usual tourist traps, mind you, but the GOOD places.

17. TalkerBot

TalkerBot Forum Pest

I would search for it. Have you tried looking in the Open Directory? Ask the open directory about it..Really you don't think so?

18. Burgerman

Burgerman Cleaner

What would you know about it, Blabberbot???

I would say the most scenic places that are accessible by land vehicle would be places like the river gorges and canyons in the NW, the sub-tropical lush areas across the northern parts, complete with water buffalo and crocodiles, the mountains and parklands in the east, the lush dairy lands and vineyards in the south, and the towering forests in the SW.
    A lot of the atmosphere of the bushland and open spaces is probably best absorbed by going on an organised tour with camping, where they provide the tents and 4WD transport, so you can savour the experience. A lot of places here are not easily captured in photographs - you need to spend time there and take the memories back home as feelings and experiences, imho.

You might get a chuckle from some of the Australia pics and wildlife I posted at
    http://www.eu-chronicle.com/showthread.php?t=2270

:D

• Like Like x 5
  19. Hmmm..... Astralia. :goodvibes:
    I think it is the tropical feeling of the far far away land. I would love to visit Sydney. i dont know why but I think it would be so wonderfull to be there. On the other hand Hawaii is also Super high on my list. I also would like to go on a road trip in North-Amerika. But all those things are touristical (if I dont find someone there that knows the secret funspots).
    If it is up to my girl. We go to Africa and help in a Wild-Life Park. She has done that two years ago and still is feeling homesick (to go back) and looking weekly at her photo's.

• Like Like x 5
  20. Bunny

Bunny Vampire Bunny Inc.

That Africa things sounds good. I have a fascination for big cats but not sure I would want to play with one. Africa is in such turmoil at the present time I would think it might not be a safe place to be. :-( But the wild life there is surely in need of help. Good for her for doing that. :D

• Like Like x 6
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.