Planet Arkadia News: GUNNAR Promotion!

Discussion in 'Planet Arkadia' started by EP-Newsbot, Mar 20, 2013.

1. Arkadia Studios partners with GUNAR Optiks to create Virtual Gaming Eyewear.

Arkadia Studios and GUNNAR Optiks have partnered to bring a real world piece of gaming equipment to life in the virtual world. A 3D version of GUNNAR's Vayper Onyx will be available to colonists on Planet Arkadia from today, after the release of Planet Arkadia Update 2013.1.1. Additionally, colonists will be able to purchase a certificate for the real life version directly from the Arkoin Broker. Read more

Continue reading...

2. leeloo

leeloo cOloRmAnIaC

3. So wearing looted virtual GUNNAR's will enable you to see EU in 3D? Wonder how they worked that out.

• Like Like x 1
  4. leeloo

leeloo cOloRmAnIaC

yeah me too, but if that works well it sure sounds exciting

5. I suppose you put a pair of Vayper Onyx on just like you did with those Bono Shades; I think that's what they were called... They must have used some clever lighting technique to get a 3D effect.

6. Tass

Tass Administrator

It was the on frontpage in another thread and got replies there: http://www.entropiaplanets.com/thre...gunnar-gaming-eyewear-on-planet-arkadia.8888/

Later it was posted as a news item on PA.com from where the newsbot picked up and created this thread. Maybe merging the both?

I think the "3D" refers to a virtual in-game 3D model of the real-world glasses for your avatar to wear, unfortunately no 3D gaming for EU yet.

• Like Like x 1

7. Yer, it doesn't actually say that wearing them will let you see EU in 3D. Shame ;)

• Hussked Hussked x 1
  8. leeloo

leeloo cOloRmAnIaC

awww toooo bad :(

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Wasn't there that technique some years back where you could see 3D movies without wearing goggles - one I remember was Space Hunter in 3D in the mid-80's...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.