Help for a Noob

Discussion in 'Next Island community' started by Aetch, Feb 22, 2011.

1. Hi all, I realise I am asking a lot but if anyone has the time to help me with a few things I would be really grateful if they could post here and we could talk, I have some questions etc.
    Thanks.

2. Ah to be a noob, it was hard to get my head around this game. Give me a yell some time and lets chat :)

3. How much should I charge for 1k sweat

How much should 1k sweat cell for?

4. Average is 2-3ped. If I'm online I will buy for 5ped from new players(under 15 agility). I'll only buy a max 5k bottles from anyone player.
    Sadly since sweat has almost no use on NI, I will be dropping that to 4ped and 3k bottles starting April 1st.
    Edit: If I am online you can usually find me hanging around Club Neverdie.

5. Hopefully they will increase the use of sweat because that is the only "Newbie" way to earn money. Plus it is long and boring so it doesn't make them back down from paying real money. Anyway I guess we will see what will happen.

6. red

red

I like to mention to new people that they can always collect stones and fruit. personally, I think this pays better than sweat gathering, but I could be wrong.

once someone has some cash they can buy a vivo t1 (healing kit) and provide a healing service working on tips. this shows a little incentive, plus taking a little risk. it's probably a better investment than an opalo and ammunition.

7. O.k. but I can`t see stones and fruits....... are they mostly in a certain location....

How much does a healing kit currently cost.

How would you go about starting this service?

8. A starter healing kit(Vivo) will run you around 10 ped(give or take). To provide a healing service just stand around a populated area and advertise what your offering. Most medics charge decay + tips. This is actually a good thing to do before you start hunting, your anatomy skill also helps your combat skills a bit and the defence skills you gained sweating will give a slight savings when you do start hunting.(Get hit less so less armour decay, you can use weapons more efficiently).
    Your best bet as a starting medic is to try and team up with other new players or someone who is hunting without armour.

9. Here are two links that might help people for that job. I find it's interesting and when I get 10 PED I will probably spend it on that.
    Healer - Entropia Universe Directory
    Comprehensive SIB Guide - Entropia Universe Directory

some people charge decay and fee which appears to be good but since I am a noob I will prob go with decay and fee.

What is the most populated area. Would I NEED any armour.

How would you go about to make sure you don't get scammed.

How do you check the decay. Is that the value of weapon X.X/X.X?

10. Most populated area is probably Club Neverdie.
    It depends on what your client is hunting. Once you can it's a good idea to have some just incase you get over run.
    No sure fire way to make sure you don't get scammed. Once you build up a little reputation as a trustworthy medic you could probably get away with charging a deposit before you get started.
    Yes you check decay that way.

11. Calin

Calin Due for an Ultra-Uber Loot.

If you gather natural stones there are a few of us that will buy them readily on NI. I will usually buy them when they are available, I'm sure that some others that hang out at Club Neverdie will too.
    If you see me around sometime lets get on each others friend lists, I could probably give you some business as a healer too.

12. red

red

yeah, I always buy fruits and stones. and, for more than the auction mark-up - except for rutol, which is better sold to another.

and, I'm always happy when I find a helper with a FAP who is reasonable.

13. How often do you tipically find fruit and dung. And do you guys have a few screenies of them.

14. red

red

well, if I'm out walking about and doing things, I usually find some everyday.

I do know people who go out specifically to look for fruit and stones. they find quite a bit.

this is a papplon the page will point you to the others. stones are a little more difficult to seem as they're smaller and blend in with the ground easier.

the important part is to walk and look at the ground. you'll miss them, if you run or are in a vehicle.

15. May I ask what 1E-05Ped means. It says that for value of vibrant sweat.

Sounds cool. Found my first pile of dung today.....

I guess sweating is the easiest to do for now.

I found some blueprints

Basic Processor Blueprint .63 PED
    Simple conducters I blueprint 49.88 PED (really hard to believe)
    Basic Bearings blueprint 1.72 PED
    Simple I plastic springs blueprint 26.66 PED (again really hard to believe)
    Basic bearings blueprint 1.72
    Basic relays blueprint 1.46
    Basic filters blueprint 12.05
    Basic tube blueprint 9.32
    Total value 103.44 PED

How much should these sell for.
    I did a Auction check quickly but the trade papoo gives only .01 Ped each (i refuse to sell it to that papoo because they don't even buy sweat or dung. Unbelievable lol. It's like that in every game.)
    I doubt I got that lucky in a find. To hard to believe.

16. red

red

well, 1e-05 ped is scientific notation for 10 microped. or 10 * (1/1 000 000) ped. it's pretty small number. that's because 1 000 sweat has a value (to the trade papoo) of 1 pec (1/100th of a ped). and, yes, you can sell it to them, but you'll get more selling to other players.

dung is hard to sell, most people just keep it for bragging rights on who has the largest pile.

I take it you looked at the auction prices for the blueprints. yes, the numbers will be accurate - however, the price doesn't tel you one important thing: the QR ('quality rating') value of the prints sold. the spings and conductors ones with the high price were almost certainly high QR prints.

the ones you found were likely QR 1 (with a trade papoo value of 1 pec). QR goes from 1 to 100 and is increased periodically by using the print. you can look on the auction to see the various priints.

people often leave common QR 1 prints for new people to find. it's like finding a free pec on the ground. of course, you can use the print, if you so wish.

17. Also if you are looking for a way to make ped you could offer a "taxi" service. This will require an initial investment though to purchase a vehicle. Your best bet is to buy a chopper, you can transport multiple clients at once. At the moment a chopper will run you between 800-1200ped. This would also be a slow buisness at the moment because of a small population on NI. I think the average taxi price is 0.50 ped/tp. To offer this service you would need to know the locations of all the TP's on NI, that information can be found at http://www.entropiatouragency.com/nextisland.jpg

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.