Help for a Noob

Discussion in 'Next Island community' started by Aetch, Feb 22, 2011.

1. So basically each one is worth 1 PEC.

sounds cool but I want to try not investing for now and when they release all of what they promise I will maybe invest some.

But 80-120$ is a lot.

2. From my perspective Taxi services, by and large, are a waste of time and resources. Ive had a soc member who has run a taxi service for over a year. He's made less than 10 PED, most of this on Calypso. On NI he basically drove people around for free just to have something to do.

My best advice for enjoying the product is to put in $10 - $20 a month, the same price you would pay for a normal MMORPG sub, and play with it. You'll have a decent time, you wont pay any more than you would at a normal game, and should you choose to not pay you can still play the game off whatever you put in previously and see progress. Playing EU for free right now is Im sorry to say not practical, and will ultimately frustrate and bore even the most hardy of players. Treat the product with financial dignity, and treat your time here as a prudent entertainment cost and you wont be disappointed. The most you will be is out roughly $120 to $240 a year.

3. Sounds good.
    I will still try it out for free first and see how things are. Who knows I might be the exception and if not I will just put the money I am saving up for EU into the game. I just want to see how free this game really is and want to write a review so..... I guess I will start with doing free for know. I don't mind waiting. I actually think healer is the best job so far. Or the style editor too. (yeah I looked at them). It's more to find something to do.

4. red

red

best of luck with your experiment.

as long as you have realistic expectations, you should be fine. in many ways, this is a very long term game. it takes a while to bootstrap yourself up from nothing working with only that which you find.

in the meantime, as there are no specific goals defined by the game, there is much to explore and examine to figure out what your personal goals and paths will be.

5. Well let's see. I joined about two weeks ago and have 250 vibrant sweat soooo...... by May I should have 1k sweat. (I always give myself some extra time)

so by next March I should have 3k vibrant sweat. Enough to get myself a med-kit. Plus sometimes I am more active then others so maybe it will be done faster.
    The I just want to continue being a medic for fun and to cover the cost of my med item. I will also sweat once in a while to keep a back up. I will be keeping my progress and then write a blog when ready.

6. I just want to see how free this game really is and want to write a review so..... [/QUOTE]

This part bothers me. I can tell you straight off the bat this game is as free as you make it, but the professions you choose will also determine your cost, at least to start.

Here's something I put together that should give you a very clear picture as to costs involved: Will I like Entropia Universe? | Entropia Exchange

It bothers me because people seem to go into this particular product with their own expectations, based off previous MMORPG experience without realizing that previous experience does not necessarily apply. EU is the ultimate in sandbox experiences. Most players arent prepared for it -- it sounds like with the type of questions you have you may not be prepared for it either. A review given your state of preparation seems premature at best.

No offense intended. I wrote my first review on EU after 4 months in game. Despite 13 prior years of rich MMORPG experience I had learned alot about this world during that time, but still had lots more to learn. After a year I feel my own review at 4 months was a little less qualified than perhaps I had originally intended it to be. :-)

EDIT -

If you want someone to take some time and talk to you 1 on 1 about the product in detail feel free to sign on my teamspeak 3 server. laudanumonline.com 9987.

7. narfi

narfi Lost

Here is another new players experience that I read about today.
    EU - Noobs experience

There are lots of ways to get started, it just takes some thought and work.

good luck and have fun, I hope you enjoy it as much as I have :)

narfi

8. You might want to get a hold of RexDameon,(View Profile: RexDameon - Next Island Life) he has played for years and never deposited, he might have the best advice for you. You might want to look him up on entropians.com as he doesn't hang around this forum much so might be awile before he gets your message.

9. Wow that is awesome. I have to be able to speak with him.

Good to see that someone was able.

Who said I was going to write it tomorrow lol. I am very slow in writing game/virtual world reviews because I like to experience it before I judge it.

10. red

red

oh, quite a few have been able, it's just not as simple as many want to believe. the "I'll sweat my way to the top" plan doesn't really work. I managed to become self sufficient, but it took me a while and I had to do it a a couple of steps. my first step was to run a mining operation for a while. this forced me to learn a bunch of stuff that I didn't want to have to learn but was necessary to be able to budget and plan properly.

11. That's awesome. I guess I will keep posting over my progress and ask help when I need it.

So far it's sweating>Medic>???

I am already starting a plan.

12. yea just got it now. If anyone wants to get ahold of me best is msn(rexthementor@hotmail.com) and facebook(RexDameon Andreosn) always happy to answer questions.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.