Help with switching soc leadership

Discussion in 'Entropia Societies' started by Tass, Dec 19, 2021.

1. Tass

Tass Administrator

We want to re-activate our old currently inactive society. Unfortunately the soc leader has been absent for years already. A neccessary first step would be to replace him. With a mostly inactive soc it's difficult for a new leader to get 50+% of the vote. I think that 3 or 4 2 o3 more votes would do it but we won't find more votes from within the soc. So we are looking for 3-4 2-3 people to join the soc, temporarily just for the task of voting a new leader or even for longer to participate in the rebuilding of the soc and taking it into a future brighter than ever ;)

Anyone up for helping?

Last edited: Jan 3, 2022
  2. Sounds interesting. What's the name of the soc?

3. Tass

Tass Administrator

It's the *Addopt-A-Newbie Foundation*

Asterisk seems to be important for search. Renaming it will be one of the first actions. It will turn into a joint soc for 3 related gaming projects :)

4. OK, I'll apply to join sometime today (20/12) to help with the vote and then take it from there...

• Like Like x 1
  5. narfi

narfi Lost

you could also remove inactive players that have been inactive for x amount of time to balance your ratio

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. narfi

narfi Lost

Alternatively, Change all society information, pointing towards a new society with the new name you want and appropriate information. Then inactive members can find you when they log back in someday if they want and won't feel abandoned, and you can easily set up your new society with the appropriate settings as you want from the start.

• Creative Creative x 1
  7. Hmm, the soc name isn't in the list albeit I forgot about the asterisks.

8. Geo

Geo

Probably for the best.

9. Meaning?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Tass

Tass Administrator

Here's the exact name copied from soc terminal:

*Adopt a Newbie* Foundation

11. Is the new name (as per PM) applied yet?

12. Right I found Ludophiles in the soc list and applied.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Was the idea for new soc name something to do with the game Ludo? Way-back-when I used to play this a lot ;)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Tass

Tass Administrator

I know Ludo! But https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/ludophile

It's will be the official soc of Ludophiles.com and another MMO gaming project.

However, it still needs 2 o 3 votes, anyone up for helping?

15. Had no idea ludophile meant that, and a nice looking website by the way. Maybe ask some of the members there to sign-up to soc and vote?

16. Tass

Tass Administrator

The Ludophiles main gig is on YouTube, the website is under renovations but part of the plan. A 3rd MMO gaming website might join. But these are usually covering games like TESO, Destiny 2, Black Desert, New World, ... it's difficult to get them to consider just looking at something like EU. So the plan is to have a soc working properly and then promote it on the other sites to get as many people into EU and make them stay for as long as possible. So first we need to get the soc done :)

17. Yeah I get what you mean, lets hope other freelancers on EP will join...

18. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

I'd pop in to help but there's so few Pioneers left actively logging in I might struggle to get back in again if I pop out temporarily.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.