How do shop or market stall owners get items?

Discussion in 'General Entropia Universe Discussion' started by INTERNUT, Nov 15, 2021.

1. Yeah, I've seen all sorts of trading places so far - shop stalls, niches in walls, shopkeeper's outside houses in the middle of nowhere and others. Signs at the deer statue saying there were shops in the cave would've helped, otherwise out of sight out of mind sort of thing...

2. Tass

Tass Administrator

So we have a writer and an editor-in-chief :)

3. next to a useless bank...

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Why not, would be an interesting challenge for me getting all the facts 'n' figures together to make sure the guide is accurate...

5. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

Well except for the folks who liked their mobs with big schlongs :P (Search Boorum)

6. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

Trouble is... while I don't doubt INTERNUT's enthusiasm, I wonder how well someone can write a guide to shops if they don't have one. Shame my old soc member left many years ago. Sure she'd have written someting on the joys of running a shop.

7. Yep, bit like most banks in EU, though the one in Ft Argos is offering some services...

8. True I don't have a shop yet but there are some sites where I can get useful info. Here's an outline for the guide I've mocked-up which I gather would go in EP wiki when done... But Tass's decision.

Entropia Universe Selling & Trading Guide

Introduction

Principle Types of Retail Units and Selling Aids
    . Dedicated shops
    . Shop counters
    . Shop stalls
    . Shopkeeper pads
    . Mannequins

PvP Trading

Main Retail Areas throughout Entropia Universe
    . Planet Calypso
    . Crystal Palace Space Station
    . Foma Asteroid
    . Monria
    . Rocktropia
    . Planet Arkadia
    . Next Island
    . Planet Cyrene
    . Planet Toulan

Last edited: Nov 26, 2021
  9. narfi

narfi Lost

Hell and Secret Island (fork from Next Island on Rocktropia) both have booths, I do not know about sub maps on the other planets, Arkadia I assume would have some shopping areas on its sub maps, does Ancient Greece on Next Island? I know even less about Toulan and Cyrene

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. San

San

Cyrene got shops now since the most recent VU, AG has had them introduced not too long ago and on NI proper some estates that were destined for shops since inception were finally implemented, i.e. Serpentine Village and Enchanted Village (there may be more, haven't been there in a while either); Arkadia Underground has booths at its main hub, for the Moon it was planned but development there seems stalled. Introduction or creation of shops seems to be going smooth for some planet partners while others struggle for a long time, at least that's the public impression.

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. Thanks for that, I'll add those to the list. BTW, is Next Island on Rocktropia? I thought that was another planet, but I could be wrong.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2021
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

Nah both separate planets run by different people. There was a some sort of minor relation/overlap at one point in that I think possibly Rocktropia staff may have had a (hired) hand in the creation of at least some of Next Island. I don't know to what extent though. There was an area that I believe was originally on Next Island called secret Island or something that may have been created by Rocktropia designers. It got moved to Rocktropia though IIRC. Possibly something to do with a pay dispute. At a guess maybe the RT designers were not paid or not paid in full or something and the settlement was to relocate the asset. Just speculation though. Dunno if NEVERDIE hangs out here at all. If so he may be able to comment. The original owners of Next Island folded the company and let all their staff go which was a shame as they seemed like really nice people and Next Island was lovely and had some cool ideas around time travel. Fun fact, there was even a little (largely linear) "story app/game" for the iphone that gave a sort of intro/back story to NextIsland I think before the planet actually launched. I rather liked it. It wasn't anything super exciting but it was a reasonable little thing.

edit: Looks like MS9 wrote something about here NEXT ISLAND: ORIGINS - an EntropiaPlanets Exclusive | EntropiaPlanets.com - Entropia Universe forum, news, wiki, media, tools

13. Right so they're def two different planets. I had looked at a few maps of EU space so was aware of the NI planet, so then thought there was maybe another next island.

14. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

NEVERDIE Studios was supposed to handle the development of Next Island. I believe they did exactlky that, but recall hearing that the final result was deemed to be underwhelming for the money spent. The marketing never really kicked off, and thus Mr. Post was down a lot of money with verry little to show for it, and with hardly any ROI.

I don't think NEVERDIE is involved with NI anymore at all. I'm actually not even sure he's doing anything for ROCKtropia anymore either. He had a cryptocoin ICO that raised 1.5m USD (If I recall correctly), that since its' launch showed a steady decline to almost nothing.

Based on his recent LinkedIn activity, he is working on several projects, none of which seem EU related. Maybe he, too, finally realized that if he wants a future in gaming/virtual reality, MindArk is only going to hold him back.

15. Secret Island is still on Rocktropia... but yes, they haven't done any development on it lately and I doubt they do more. However, that is the place to go if you want a big gorilla pet... but it's a pain in the ass to spawn since you have to kill about one thousand mobs before a tameable spawns and it's on top of a mountain spawner thing where only two spawn til the spawner catches you in the area then it creates a bunch of other shared loot mobs

16. Tass

Tass Administrator

Next Island history... maybe I can remember something correctly...

NEVERDIE talked David Post into creating a planet for him in Entropia Universe. The Planet was given the name Next Island, partially inspired by one of David Post's other ventures called NextPerts. Next Island was initially developed by NEVERDIE Studios for Next Island LLC. On launch it had a lot of NEVERDIE branding on it, like a Club NEVERDIE in its hub location and a NEVERDIE themed theme park kind of thing. Unfortunately the planet never really took off but as Wistrel said the team consisted of nice and skilled people like Meg Stivison, Harold Sipe and Paul Radil, who later did stuff for Planet Arkadia and also GTcoin. Unhappy with the development NEVERDIE studios delivered Next Island switched development to Dajin AB, a game assets service studio founded by ex-First Planet Company guy Frank Campbell who didn't survive the fallout when SEE Virtual Worlds dropped Calypso and Calypso was taken over by MindArk again. Soon after development was switched to Illunova, MindArk's Mexican game assets studio that was closed down a couple of years later because it was cheaper to develop stuff in Sweden or so... Anyway, before that David Post ceased development of Next Island and fired the team of nice people. Next Island was on hiatus for 5 or 6 or 7(?) years in which Post got multiple offers by serveral parties to pick up development of Next Island, for example the team that later bought the moon Monria and a team consisting of people affiliated with this website. But as cronies' blood is thicker than professional water a couple of years ago development was given to a group around ceramic tile seller Shaun Klein who became "Director MMO" for Next Island, who also happens to be the boss of BIG Industries, an ingame event organization, and who also appeared as advisor in MindArk's totally failed crypto project deeptoken.io With Next Island also developed by Entropia Universe players the only planet not develped by Entropia Universe players in Cyrene. The planet partner concept isn't really a success. However, that's another story. I'm sure I forgot something and possibly I got something wrong, point it out please. Oh, the "NEVERDIE themed theme park kind of thing" got moved from Next Island to ROCKropia as Secret Island, and so I finish on-topic :)

17. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

Interesting! I didn't know that NI got made by RT peeps or remember there being any ND branding on it (never went to Secret Island while there). As for it being underwhelming... I can only speak from a personal perspective but I loved Next Island. It was so pretty. I also thought RT was pretty nice too. I've taken many screenshots on both planets in the past. Only gripe I remember having was that I fell through the TP's a lot on NI and that there wasn't enough content in AG outside the main city. The time travel idea was really cool though. Shame we never saw the Ice age part of that released. If it had been anything like Hunt the Thing it would have been great! As for RT the only thing I didn't like was that there were bit of it that seemed to have been created without purpose... like the giant steam punk blimp thing that was dark and empty inside - why?

Interesting the NextIsland name came from the Nextpert thing. I remember the Name Nextpert... but can't remember why...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.