I, Lykke, a tea drinker ...

Discussion in 'Blogs' started by Lykke TheNun, Oct 19, 2010.

1. Lykke TheNun

Lykke TheNun Lootius bless you all!

NOOOoooooo ... so it happened. After days of illness, fever, coughing, sneezing, hurting throat ... I am drinking ... tea!

It's not as if I hate tea, really. But it's more difficult to make. We have a senceo coffee mashine, and it's nice and easy to push the button and get a new, fresh cup of coffee + coffee tastes and smells so nice.

Tea smells nice too, if it's the right tea. I really dislike all the fruit tea out there. I feel it's so syntetic. But a real old grey tea or a green tea too, actually, is something I like. I drink Kusmi tea and have different kinds to chose among - and yet, I always drink coffee. But these days illness have forced me to be a tea drinker and you know what? I don't really mind it. Drinking tea is somehow nice and relaxing. It doesn't give me the same kick a cup of coffee would have done, no - It feels more like, how can I describe it ... going axing some corns instead of shoot-blowing away some big troxes?

Anyway, I hope I soon get well again. I dont really have the time to lie here on the sofa. I've basically been living here the last 5 days ... even slept here in the nights, not to wake up Peter with my coughing :( I miss lieing next to him at nights. Sleeping in the living room is so empty and there's weird noises everywere. And being ill frustrates me because Im really busy at work too ...

Please, make me smile ... post me a joke or something :D

2. Derid

Derid Lost Newbie

Beeing from Finland, only one cure if you get sick. SAUNA! And plenty of it!

3. Lykke TheNun

But ... I don't have a sauna :( not even a little of it. The nearest a Sauna I have is my living room (I have the fire going there and it's quite warm, I believe .. or maybe it's just me lol)

4. sorry you been feeling ill. I found a Tea joke for you.

What does a teapot say to it's lover?
    O, dajarling!

How bad is that..... I drink alot of Tea. Can't drink Coffee much anymore it keeps me awake all night. But I'm british & we are known for it in history so I like to keep the side up. (Sticks little finger out in a posh maner)

Theodore Roosevelt (1858-1919) Letter, 1912
    My experience...convinced me that tea was better than brandy, and during the last six months in Afica I took no brandy, even when sick taking tea instead.

Hope you feel better soon

5. GeorgeSkywalker

GeorgeSkywalker Explorer

You need to try Kashmiri aromatic tea. If you haven't tried that you haven't lived :coffee:

I came across that once and when I drank it thought i'd died and gone to heaven. It's the most beautifull tea ever. I'm a tea fan and have tried quite a few varities :P

I have absolutely no idea how it's made or how how to make it, So I searched google and came across this:

Kahwah - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So thanks for posting this, it helped me to get off my *** (actually it didn't i'm still sitting while typing lol) and find something I always wanted to know. So now that I have this "secret" recipe to great tea I think i'll try and make it one day...

6. Lykke TheNun

Thank you both :)

Peter and I always drink at least two cups of coffee (each ;) ) every morning before heading to work. It's nice and quiet for half an hour while we go through the forum. At work I normally drink 2-4 cups of coffee more - but never after noon ...

I had (have) problems sleeping. First of all, we're silly. And we always watch a little Al Bundy, Prison Break or some other serie in the evening before sleeping. Often the time gets 23-23.30 before we shut down the light. Usually I wake up around 4-5 and have problems falling asleep again. And I have to get up at 6 ... I wonder if that is all the coffee?

Perhaps tea would be better - but that depends on the tea, right?

And George, is that tea coffeine free? It sounds like something I should try anyway :) Unless it's too sweet (I drink tea with milk only, or lemon - and I drink my coffee black ...) Green tea here is mostly like mynth tea, is that what it is? I have a very nice kusmi green mynth tea - it is very relaxing. Perhaps I can use that on your recipie :-)

And Bob - thank you for the joke :D But I'm afraid I don't get it lol ... perhaps it's the language barrier? .. Bdut at least you tried - and thank you for the nice wishes too ,-)

I do feel a little better now though - except for the coughing. I made a very very nice salmon lasagna with spinash and parmesan cream for diner - and it helped finally to get some proper food :-P

7. :D:

:D:

Tea difficult to make? Lol, i just throw some dried plants (not all plants will do, take care, but you know that :)) or a tea bag in hot water (ah, maybe you don't have a water boiler? that would make it a tiny bit more difficult) and then fish those back out after the water starts to color and smell the way you like it ...

Trouble sleeping? Tea (actual tea leaves) and coffee contain a lot of caffeine, so yes, that would not help sleeping deep enough ... for teas you should consider Camomille or Verbena officinalis or Thymus instead, possibly add some honey if you like that (helps for the throat). If you're not a vegetarian you might want to consider chicken soup for the throatache it's supposed to help with that, seriously, it thins the mucus (recently read a scientific report on it). Have had trouble sleeping for a long time now, and there's a lot of factors that cause it. Phrasing it positively you should try have a screenfree, stressfree end of the day, no new impressions (darn couldn't phrase that positively :P), a fixed time to go to bed helps, and a sort of ritual (maybe changing into pyjamas and brushing teeth can do, or maybe visualizing washing off the busy thoughts till the morning) is suggested also, ... there's a lot more info out there but maybe this is enough for now.

I hope you enjoy the tea/soup and heal soon and completely.

8. MindStar9

MindStar9 Floating in Space

I hope you get to feeling better soon Hon, I know how annoying it can be because it disrupts your regular routine, and it's not good not to be with Peter at night ... what about the cattle prodding, eh? ;)

Anyway, on to tea ... I love tea, and drink it more than I do coffee, although I have a great coffeemaker too ... there's something special about fresh brewing coffee.

I can appreciate a great cup of tea, and green tea is very good for your digestion system. I drink it hot, but ... I also have an automatic tea brewing system and make iced tea all the time too. It's quite refreshing. I get the organic green tea.

And yes, you have to be careful when buying teas, because they too can contain a decent shot of caffeine. As mentioned in another post here, Camomile tea is good too, because it's calming and no caffeine. I always keep it on hand.

My absolute favorite regular tea is Typhoo Tea, and was introduced to me in the mid-90's by a co-worker from the UK. I've been hooked ever since. It dates back to 1903. I usually drink my tea straight up (no cream or sugar), but with this tea, the flavor seems to be enhanced with cream (or milk) and a bit of sugar ... it's absolutely delicious.

When my brother created his online candle business called Wicked Scentsuality, he also provided a link in the left navigation area to the Shopping Mall Area. There you will find teas, and the company where I found my absolutely favorite tea ever, which is Mighty Leaf Tea. The flavor is White Orchid ... it's extremely aromatic and quite calming. I love it, love it, love it.

Aroma therapy is really good for you too, and my brother sent me a set of the purple candles in all the sizes because the scent is called "Calming" ... it's awesome. You might want to try soothing candle scents for relaxing too ... it does something nice to your system. :)

Feel better soon. :hug:

9. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

As much as I am so sorry that you are sick, I have to say that your new tea streak is quite brilliant. More coffee for moi :D

But yes. Get well soon and come sleep next to me again. Also, I know something that helps you fall asleep :whistle:

10. Lykke TheNun

no, it helps YOU fall asleep ... I just wanna talk :D

And thanks again everyone :) Today I went for work again, and I'm exhausted, but it felt good to get outside (AND I went on a huge shopping spree with the tiny one eleventwoone!!!!!1! :D)

MindStar, I definitely will check out your brothers web store again ^_^

11. have you tried Mulled wine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia? or sth called (grzaniec) in polish, beer instead of wine :D

12. I love coffee but my affair with tea knows no boundaries.
    I'm probably one of the greatest tea-consumers in this part of the world, where it averages 38-40 degrees Celsius most days of the year.

.. though I agree that those fruit-teas taste nothing like tea, more like industrialized enriched plutonium or something.
    when I've been to Prague a few months back, I would wake up ever day to a nice cup of black tea, and enjoy the magical view of Prague's Old-city, sigh.. good times..

Feel well!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.