I WANT to get up again, I WANT it ...

Discussion in 'Blogs' started by Lykke TheNun, Aug 19, 2010.

1. Lykke TheNun

Lykke TheNun Lootius bless you all!

This requires an explanation. But years back I was in a pretty nice shape. I was kickboxing and had a lot of fun with it. It's like feeling like Angelina Jolie, just 1 meter shorter and half a meter wider :D

Anyway, last year I had a horrible accident, I fell in a shop because of a slippery floor and got a bad whiplash. I was home ill for 2 1/2 month untill I forced myself back to work, despide the doctors telling me to wait. Today I'm pretty happy that I was stubborn - and walked the 20 min from the station to my work and back again every day. I'm sure it helped me get 'on top' again, as much as you can when you're feeling incredibly weak and also afraid that something like that would happen again. Sometimes I still feel my neck is 'weak' and it feels like it won't keep my head up. I'm tired and get cranky and it's just such a waste of life to lack energy.

We're busy - very busy. If not at work, then there's the kid(s), trying to make everything fit in and be there for everybody, though often it fails. There's b-days and parties and also driving fort and back to school, events, buying grosseries and at the same time trying to keep up the housework. And next to this we have our lovely forums which we both really love to be working with - and honestly; it's here we find most of our friends too. It's somthing we have together - because we also have the game together - and it's just so great and awesome we can enjoy the work next to each other - ping pong'ing - getting ideas, discuss etc.

But it's just not nice when you lack normal level of energy all the time. Today I saw this advertising with some special fitness for women (in my age lol :D). It's one hour of hard spinning + 4 hours of zumba / week for 10 weeks. On top of this you can train in the fittess center as much as you like. It's incredibly expensive, but I reached to the point, that either I do this now or I do this never!

After turning it around in my head; why you should, but then there's the trip to Holland, the oldest 18-years old b-day blabal excuses - I just took a fast decission before the idea went off - drove up there - paid and went back ...

Now I'm sitting here with a fittness card - the most expensive one I had EVER and I would be a total jerk towards myself if I won't use it! So of course I will ...

weeeee.... Anngelykke, here I come :yay:

2. never be scared

3. Lykke TheNun

True, if you're scared your fear will lock you up and you won't discover or experience anything.

4. Sionkiewicz

Sionkiewicz One of those Americans

Being scared is not the problem.. we all are of many things.. It's letting that fear stop you..

There was a time in my life when I had very low self esteem of myself. I was going thru a divorce and drinking way too much and basically just existing. I didn't care much about myself nor how I was going to continue living in this world.

I realized that the world still had a lot to offer and that I was just hiding from it because I was scared to fail again. I started challenging myself to conquer my fears.. one by one.. Public speaking, making friends, singing to an audience (yeah, I suck but it didn't matter), I pulled myself out of being an introvert to being able to walk up to a complete stranger and starting a conversation with them. I learned that it's OK to be scared.. but don't let it stop you from trying.

Good luck at the fitness club and don't let the fear stop you from trying.. :headbang:

5. yep what you both said m8 used the motto ""never be scared"" while doing time and confronting the world inside bars,helped him thought it may help you.

6. You should get back up again. I turned 33 this year, and realized I was in the worst shape of my life. I went from at 18 being 185 lbs (at 6 foot 2 inches) and being able to do 50 pull ups, 100 sit ups, and bench press 325 lbs to at my current age being able to do about 40 sit ups, no pull ups... my only saving grace was my bench which was still at 280. But I was 260 lbs! I was also winded alot when I climbed stairs, and though I rode my bike alot of places I felt like I was working harder than I was.

Oh noes! Beer and Pizza are bad!

Anyhow, yeah I felt a bit ashamed. Ive never been much to like a gym and found going to a gym with a body that I was unhappy with to be quite the deterrent! Besides I had been doing gyms off and on these past few years (I knew I was gaining weight and that I should watch it), but I always seemed to plateau out after about 6 weeks, and all my progress was lost. The gym would end up being one of those things I also put off. It was always there, but Id find excuses not to go. It ended up being a wash.

What I ended up doing was hiring a trainer. The trainers a friend of mine, so theres a rapport, but hes not a super close friend so I cant just tell him "I'll do it later." He trains the Oakland Raiders, so hes quite good and seems to think the words "I cant" mean "please kick my ass harder." Since hiring that trainer I can now run up 11 flights of 106 stairs a piece without stopping, have lost a few inches from my waist, and have quite a bit more energy. That last part is the most important. I was starting to find it a chore to get up and do normal things. Going to the bar, going shopping, or going out to eat was a chore. I was happier at home just chillin. I still like my house, but I have no problem getting out now.

And the hangovers, well... lets just say that what used to take me 2 days to recover now doesnt even bother me. Getting up at 5am is a cinch even after a night out.

7. Lykke TheNun

wow, yeah, I can imagine that required some power - and awesome that you're both back up!

I'm not afraid to go to the gym though - I tried going before, but lack of time made me prior differently. But yes, my body definitely is not as it use to be. And lately it's been really acting weird. I have been ill for 10 days now and it just get worse. It's like I can't recover. Lately I start shiffering and freezing after I've been eating. Mostly I just feel like lieing still with closed eyes - then at least my world is not turning. I'm afraid I can't get back up and get the energy you talk about. I just feel drained somehow. The course starts 5th of September though and I have to admit I really really look forward to it - but at the same time I'm afraid that I won't be able to do it.

I'm not giving up though - I'm just stobborn like that ;)

Thanks for your support :) That helps a lot :grouphug:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.