I've got a bone to pick...

Discussion in 'Calypso Missions and Events' started by Wistrel, Mar 21, 2022.

1. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

So randomly went back to trying to kill some puny's for bones for this mission last night for a bit. Used to be a reasonably fun activity to pass some time.

Couple of things though of note, it used to be you got a lot of rocket launchers, azuros, rubios and small amplifiers doing these mobs. Now nothing but shrapnel.

Also... no Calypso Bone Samples... does anyone know if this mission is nerfed or something now? entropiawiki: Material: Calypso Bone Sample (Mission Item) I think the mission is called "I've got a bone to pick with you" entropiawiki: Mission: I've got a bone to pick! I did look on the wiki here for info too but failed.

Anyone know anything about this? If not I'll try Rookie/MA helpers

Wistrel

2. Hmm - strange you only got shrapnel from doing puny's because just the other day I looted two rocket launchers from low-level sabacuma's I think.

3. which mob spawn you are on matters for the loot tables I think. Were you at Icarus?

4. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

Yeh I was. So went back again last night. Did at least manage to loot 4 but it was super rare. Also got a small amp too so I guess the gear still looting. I did then move to an area just north of there where there as a shallow pond with an island in the middle and seemed to do better there I think I got up to 9 bones in a shorter time frame and more non shrapnel loot. Overall loot returns seemed reasonable really, I should imagine it might take some considerable time to cycle 20ped ammo into nothing.

But yeh, the notion of eventually gaining 10,000 bones at this speed seems somewhat ludicrous. I mean, not that I especially care but it does seem like yet another example of MA coming up with something that's difficulty/cost to completion is so utterly out of whack with the reward, you wonder what on earth they are smoking.

Wistrel

5. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

Yeh it was going a bit like this (where each pile was a mob)

Entropia 2022-03-21 21.30.05 [2, Calypso, 63254, 74721, 117].jpg

• Like Like x 1
  6. I did notice a few updates ago that calypso bone samples dropped less frequently from puny creatures. They do still drop but they are definitely not as common.

I haven't completed the bone sample quest yet...I was saving up and I thought I would buy some bone samples to complete it... but I'm not sure it's worth the ped now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

Did similar to this loot window 2-3 times last night. No Bones looted at all. Feels like a nerf

8. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

Oh while I'm talking missions. On my travels I found an island just a bit NW of PA with a crashed robot spaceship on it. Guess it is mission related. Any ideas what mission that might be from the crowd? Not quite sure how I'd search for that one.

9. That's a lot of free ammo!

10. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

overall returns were about 80% at a rough estimate, potentially a little higher with markup on a few odds and sods that were in there too.

• Like Like x 1
  11. That's good going! Not sure what my returns percentage is, but might be a similar figure. Incidentally, I don't get loot windows like the one you've shown, I've always just left-clicked on the dead mob and then my AV auto runs up to it, and the loot automatically goes into my PI.

12. You can change how loot window appears in options

13. Ah, ok, thanks ;) Didn't know that, only I don't get a loot window at all. I've never had a loot window.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2022
  14. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

I think it's something us old's like to keep. I sure hope they hang onto it for Untropia. It survived through to Crytropia from NetImmerse/GameBryo Engine days I think for nostalgia reasons and because the art on the different loot windows is so cool/unique (there are different windows for hunting, crafting and mining). Something like "it just wouldn't be Entropia without the loot window".

But to hear that new players don't see it? That's sad. To be fair though I think probably even oldies turned it off once they got the ability to, for many it's probably seen as an unhelpful nuisance window that simply gets in the way. Plus the textual listing of loot as the alternative is something that many find more helpful, a bit like the old team loot messages.

So yeh, much as I like it I fear it may not survive the next engine update. I guess I'll just have to cross my fingers on that one and hope.

As for you not getting it, if you'd like to try, as Lousise says, sure, hit the options. Go turn on avatar chatter while you are there too, oh and set the HoF display threshold to 1k PEDs.

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

Maybe I should share my thing that plays the old death sound too for the true retro experience. Unfortunately I don't have a way of turning the screen a tinted shade of red though XD

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Ok I'll try options for getting loot windows, although tbh I've got used to having loot transferred to pi automatically.

17. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

pi?

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Mmmmm - yum! :) PI (or pi) short for Personal inventory.

19. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

oh haha you know, I've never heard it called that.

BTW the items turn up in the inventory at the same time as the loot window. You don't have to drag and drop/transfer them or anything. Basically the loot window is a visual rather than textual representation of what you have looted.

20. I never heard it called that either, just thought it would be a convenient abbreviation... Anyway, I tried the loot window option for a while but found having to close it down all the time was a bit distracting, so I went back to text mode.

• Winner Winner x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.