Jamira's EU Collectibles

Discussion in 'General Entropia Universe Discussion' started by Jamira, Oct 24, 2017.

1. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

I started to make a series of 3d-printed Entropia Univers collectibles. The first result are four printed vehicles at 1:100 scale. These are prototypes. But I thought, I should let you know what's possible.
    upload_2017-10-24_0-31-37.png
    upload_2017-10-24_0-34-19.png
    I didn't do much filling and sanding and they got a rough army-like painting only to get a first impression of how they could look like. Just because they are prototypes only. All of them need some minor improvements.

Compare their size to the cigarette box (for non-smokers: 88 x 55 x 22 mm)
    upload_2017-10-24_0-35-24.png

The plan is to extend this edition to more vehicles.
    upload_2017-10-24_0-46-57.png

The second plan is to extend the collection by two further editions:
    1. avatar figures in different clothes and armors (1:12 = ~ 140 - 166 mm tall or even 1:10 wich would bring them up to 200 mm)
    2. mobs (1:100)
    McCormick and I are on this project. I don't know yet if it'll work. Next weeks we will know more. Stay tuned!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 24, 2017
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 4
  2. If this was World of Warcraft, youd had 100 instant buyers, if not 1000.

"Sadly" this is EU...but I love these detailed models !

Id go for the 2003 vehicles and mechwarriors...that would be something to have in the shelf, as its original MA artwork.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

Holy crap that was fast! And Jamira + McCormick! What a winning combination!! The VTOL looks great (they all do really).

I wonder about some of the 2003 models McCormick mentioned. I know the ones. Sadly they were a little undetailed/boxy. That said, they would provide a great starting point for a bit of modernisation. (hint hint MA)

4. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

Yep, I started to archive the models from McCormick already ...
    upload_2017-10-25_1-16-39.png
    upload_2017-10-25_1-49-46.png
    ... but had to do another model today. I think I will fill McC's shelf with a lot af PE-crap (the sucker is to lazy to do it itself). As he mentioned, no one else is really interested in such models.
    Thanks to McCormick I will get an old 32 bit Pentium 4 tomorrow with Win XP. Hopefully 3D Ripper DX will run on it. That would enable me to make new grabs. Sadly I miss an old version of 3DS Max (<=10) to import the grabs. But I will find a solution. If it works we will make a little Wistrel and a little McCormick. Promised! That would fulfill the second part of the plan, while the ancient mobs and vehicles would be the third part.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

Well, 3DS Max offers a nice feature called "MeshSmooth":
    upload_2017-10-25_2-19-3.png
    upload_2017-10-25_2-24-1.png
    That's cool, isn't it?

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. I was unclear (first cup of coffee for the day), but did you state that you still have or do not have this software to capture? If you do, as you probably already thought of, a lot would simply like a 3d model of their avatar. Hell you could even give me a CAPE! :)

7. U contacted mindark about doing it for em? Seems like something that should go in the webshop....

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

Jamira has been in touch with them before about 3d capture. I think the answer "was, do as you will for your own use only" more or less.

9. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

Funnily enough there is a little figure (from an anime) that really reminded me of my old avatar (mainly the hair/guns). The character is featured in this (rather weird) animation.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

I still have the grab-software. But it's no longer maintenanced since years and completely outdated. It doesn't run under 64 bit. But today I got an old Pentium 4 from McCormick with Win XP. Unfortunately I don't have access to the internet so far. Dunno why. Another problem is the transformation of the grabbed files. The software comes with import-plugins for Maya and 3DS Max. But Max only until version 10. Hard to get such an old copy of it. When I finally have access to the internet and an old Max I can get grabs again and convert them to usable data. Than I can do what I want with them for private purpose. WIP.

I doubt, that a lot want a printed figure of their avatar. Because such things costs money. And I cannot make you a cape. I can make you a gun or any kind of other machine but no cape.

11. We have all the time in the world and I'm an odd one..I will pay real money and not PED for such a thing :) Also you said 'cannot'? Sorry but I don't believe you! OpaloMan must have his CAPE! lol

BTW, McCormick, YOU THE MAN!!

12. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

Well, let's try a figure. First I need to know when and how a face looks good when printed. So I took Ullas head, scaled it to 1:10 and imported it to 3DS Max
    upload_2017-10-26_0-15-7.png and smoothed it upload_2017-10-26_1-18-56.png
    This time I will test if my printer can print 0,1 mm layers.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

LOL! Okay, post a picture of what's in your mind.

14. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

The printer CAN print 0,1 mm. Crazy! Okay, nearly twice the time but it's absolutely worth it. At least for faces.
    At the other hand: 1:10 means a head is very small. The complete figure of Ulla would be 200 mm tall. I will enlarge her a bit. Let's say to 300 mm. Probably it'll work with Kristins Little Black Dress :wink:
    upload_2017-10-26_4-7-36.png
    All this would enable me to print OZtwo and Wistrel and McCormick.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

Yippie ya yeah!

Old Pentium 4 with WinXP runs, Internet runs, 3D Ripper DX runs, 30 day trial version of 3DS Max 2011 runs. First test done. All good now.

On my way to grab avatars ...

16. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

BTW... I'm not sure if this would be helpful to you... I'm sorta thinking if you wanted to make custom clothing or something and wanted a base model, but if a female avatar is wearing the NI harness the underlying body model is rendered too I think.

Wist

17. Well, as the story goes, I retired OZtwo a few years ago mostly due to the nick being very old and no one understanding it other than thinking that I was using it because OZ was used already. (Think back to Windows 3.1 and IBM's OZtwo) For a joke I was always requesting a cape from the A-Team and when they said it maybe possible the superhero with his Opalo gun was burn (well, that sounds good, but really someone was bitching in the forums that MA wouldn't change names, so I requested a name change to test it and got OpaloMan within the day -- yeah yeah some say it was so fast since I was requesting to removed my RL last name).

So that brings us to today. I am still the Superhero without a cape! With that I think you may understand the type of cape I would like. :)

O I did get a PM from David once to kindly ask me to shut up kind of putting in that he would love to give me a user-bound cape.

18. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

Thank you. But I don't want to make custom clothes. I simply cannot. And all EU models are really crappy.

19. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

Hehe, I'm sure we'll find something for the Superhero. But I can't make it by myself. Let's see.

20. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

Yo, nice success:
    upload_2017-10-28_23-38-57.png
    Jamira in Predator Armor. 250 mm tall. Roughly painted in NATO-green. I miss the paulderons and the transparent helmet window. But she got her beloved Malachai Ash shades at least.
    This is a basic version. With all the facets from the original ingame model. Many details of the armor are just textures. So it'll be a really hard job to paint it correctly. I can use some wire from paperclips for the antennas and the two protection stirrups for the helmet window.

Two days from grabbing the model until this point (repairs, prints, glueing and painting). I call it sporty ;-)
    Matrial (PLA/color) and printer costs so far ~20 Euro.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.