Jamira's EU Collectibles

Discussion in 'General Entropia Universe Discussion' started by Jamira, Oct 24, 2017.

1. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

Sure. I did nothing to the drone. Same with the Predator Armour. But those figures look crappy.

The smoothing procedure takes something around 30 seconds. I can invest twice the time and make it better. This time WITH welding the faces before I start. That's at least the plan. I told OZtwo, that his little avatar will be kinda a laboratory rat ;-) He must be patient. Unfortunately you too :-(

Last edited: Nov 4, 2017
  2. No problemo.

3. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

Today, smoking at the loggia, an idea popped up. What if I could run Skyrim at the old Pentium 4? So I spent hours just to get the error message:
    "Render mode 3 requiered. Your video card doesn't offer it." ... or something like that. Game didn't start, Too sad! Bad part is: I don't know if 3D Ripper DX will be able to grab 3d-scenes from Skyrim ... or even TESO or whatever. Ask for better hardware and try again? Dunno ... at least the Ulla from from Skyrim would be worth it.

4. What about video quality as well? I would think you would want to be in the highest mode to get the best grab detail? Or come to think about it, you ever try a grab in EU in safe mode? A lot of detail is hidden, but everything is a lot smoother?

5. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

I did it in safe mode already. The 3d-geometry is reduced in a strange way. The models do look shitty, believe me. So I use "very high" for avatars and items in EU. It works although old Kristin isn't really able to move or talk. That's the reason for me to be there as well as Jamira at the other computer. Just to be able to talk to customers.

But Skyrim doesn't start because it miss some capabilities ...

Last edited: Nov 4, 2017
  6. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

TBH final models shoud be printed with a layer thickness of <=0,1 mm. This would increase at the one hand the printing costs by factor two (wich is dramatically!) while the material costs are the same and at the other hand the quality is increased dramatically as well. It seems the best way is to print prototypes at 0,2 mm and the final version at 0,1 mm.

I need a break ...

7. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

Just a small test. I ran the smoothing at OZtwo two times. So I got the 3rd version. Very good to see what happened:
    upload_2017-11-5_14-5-24.png

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. All right cool, so the program does have a 'render' option. Was wondering about that and if it could fix it.

9. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

I'm not sure if I understand what you mean by "render option". All my programs have a render option. All my screenshots are rendered pictures. The changes I did with the smoothing are not effects done by the renderer. The smoothing is real 3d-geometry. The model has been changed. This has nothing to do with a renderer.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. Yes, why I quoted "Rendering" since I'm using the wrong word here for what I meant and that was to smooth out the lines and make it more life like without the lines. So my guess was that to do this, there was some sort of 'Rendering' the application had for this to give you a higher quality 3d model to work with.

11. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

And here are the first parts of the improved OZtwo:
    upload_2017-11-5_21-1-26.png
    1:8 scale was too small for me. I made the figure ~300 mm high (12 inch). The parts look pretty good to me. I will print one of them this night with layer thickness 0,1 mm. Estimated time: nearly 6,5 hours.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 5, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

I show you the difference.
    These models are rendered in 3D Studio in different modi. All the same 3d-model:
    upload_2017-11-5_21-48-44.png
    These are rendered in Rhino and ingame with textures. Still the same 3d-model:
    upload_2017-11-5_21-54-3.png
    What the smoothing does is this:
    upload_2017-11-5_21-59-58.png
    It changes the resolution and bends former flat faces toward the outside to make it more round. Something like this:
    upload_2017-11-5_22-8-8.png

13. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

Sorry OZtwo, I offered your OpaloMan-model at a German 3D-print-forum:
    http://www.3d-druck-community.de/thread-20385-post-135092.html#pid135092
    I told you, that you would be the laboratory animal ...
    I started a contest there about how to print your figure at 12 inch in the best way. These guys know a lot about 3d-prints and printers and what not. But I doubt seriously they can do it better than me. Let's see what will happen :-)

Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

Looks pretty good so far. I made two parts (right leg) instead of only one:
    upload_2017-11-6_14-49-46.png

15. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

haha when you made that comment about, who would want to hunt in pixie with an opallo, this was kinda me at that moment :D

[​IMG]

(strangely though I've not worn pixie in ages or... ah... used an opallo either... It's been something that does around 30 damage and either no armour or that green arcadian camo stuff*)

This is to do the efficiency milarki MA were on about with loot 2.0 but also I don't like regening mobs.

Wistrel

* I have no idea really why I'm using it... sorta seems like a lot of other people are so I copied... #worstStrategyEverMostLikely

PS pretty impressed by that image search. I asked google for "anime character raising hand sheepishly". Their AI was right on the money with that one.

16. I'm open, remember I did live stream so I'm open to anything you want to share :)

Edit (read after translation):

Very cool. One day OpaloMan will be remembered and rumors may even start up about who is really was / or wasn't. Damn they may even make a movie about him. :)

Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. OpaloMan.png Wow, Windows 10 has a cool application to view your model.

18. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

19. You too? Same here I was like..damn I can't open it..so I looked at Open With for the hell of it and got a damn option and was like WTF? lol

Edit: Sorry, but I think you need to download the latest Windows 10 Update to get the new Windows 10 Creators Update which as well comes with a new Paint 3D -- which I haven't even looked at yet.

Edit 2: Yes, it's in the latest update: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/3d-in-windows-10#mrviewer

Last edited: Nov 7, 2017
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  20. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

Haha cool! Got it. Thank you.
    upload_2017-11-7_15-11-14.png
    Usually I don't need such a viewer. I have so many different 3D-software that I don't think about how to open a 3d-model but what and how I want to see it and what to do with it. But this is for sure a very nice opportunity to share 3d-models with others. Especially to give them a chance to paint at the model and tell me wich changes they want. Really cool!

Last edited: Nov 7, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.