Jamira's EU Collectibles

Discussion in 'General Entropia Universe Discussion' started by Jamira, Oct 24, 2017.

1. No, not the money just the technology isn't ready for me yet. They still have their small issues which will be worked out and I can wait.

2. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

Well, printer's Y-axis is really deranged:
    upload_2018-3-11_3-35-38.png
    This is how it should look like:
    upload_2018-3-11_3-36-18.png
    I'm out it seems. Too sad.

3. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

One of the things that sits at the back of my head re-3D printers is that I worry about

a) faff trying to get them to print right
    b) things getting messed up

I have a friend with one now but he has already had to do a major de-gunk fix/clean. Still, I'm making progress with learning about 3D design/software now (being on strike is helping, in that regard at least if not a financial one...) so I'm hoping I might be in a position to be considering one for this year's Christmas/birthday present.

Jamira can it be fixed? or parts replaced? Warranty etc - those sorta questions.

Wistrel

4. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

I will check this. Probably it's just a broken or loosly wire. Wile driving along its Y-axis the printbed stops sometimes. This produces an offset each time it happens.

Regarding a) and b):
    Well, it is a production process. Each production process should be optimized. That's the reason for prototypes and zero series. It is a learning process for the staff as well: wich material, wich conditions, wich positioning for the product? 3D-Printer issues are mainly knowledge about the used material and a good blueprint (3D-model) and calibrating the machine. No rocket science.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2018
  5. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

Yeh I was watching a vid today and they flashed up a caption saying (Everything we show normally took around 3-5 attempts to get it right) so yeh I get that it is tricky. I just sometimes wonder if I want to jump on board with a tech in such an early stage. It's a bit like the VR and DK2. It's an arse to set up/get working compared to a final product.

6. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

No it isn't! To get started is pretty easy. Even with cheap equipment. The tricky parts appear when you want to print very special things like I did. At the other hand it's a great benefit to see products come to RL you've designed by yourself. This is simply amazing. Believe me!

Last edited: Mar 11, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

I've checked the functionality regarding Y-axis of my printer today. It runs and stops occasionally. I dangled the cables of the engine. No effect. It's deranged. So it's either the engine itself or the cables or even the software. Dunno. 750 working hours is okay. R.I.P. old boy. I will buy a new one for 400 Euro as soon as I can. I can't imagine a life without a 3D-printer anymore.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

That's a statement of the future if ever I heard one! Hopefully everyone will feel this way someday

9. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

Well, I make trival things. The circular disaster I posted above was ment to become a cap for a beer can. Occasionally in the night I open the last beer can and get tired short after that. What to do with the beer? You can't close a beer can once you opened it. Or just print a cap with flexible material and kick the industry in its arse by keeping it for the next evening:
    upload_2018-3-13_1-57-20.png
    upload_2018-3-13_1-58-38.png

• Like Like x 1
  10. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

GENIUS!!! :D

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

Well, I'm back at work. Got a new printer for 320 Euro this time. It's the same like the old one with some small improvements. And it seems it works without problems.

Time to get back to old projects. Like OpaloMan! I continue at the point my old printer died:
    upload_2018-6-4_0-37-38.png
    Hopefully I can bring this to an end soon. I got some ideas for the final figure already. I heard about fluid filler wich can be applicated with a brush. Additional I will buy some dark bronze colour.

Next will be legendary McCormick. Later I want a figure of legendary Wistrel!

12. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

We succeeded!
    upload_2018-6-4_3-54-33.png

Well, this one looks way better than the last attempt:
    upload_2018-6-4_4-24-15.png

Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

So was he ever finished?

14. narfi

narfi Lost

Yes, and Narfi was made as well.
    I still need to sand and paint him though.... thinking it is a good cold winter project when stuck inside.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.