January 2008 - NOTM Diary

Discussion in 'Beginners Forum' started by Phunkygeeza, Jan 1, 2008.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. To all NOTM entrants for January 2008 - please post your acheivements, stories etc. in this thread.
    The Diary is scored by three Judges and the average mark taken

All other posts will be moved and you may have points deducted, if you are not in the competition and wish to reply to an entrant's diary messages, please start a new thread.

Gratz and rep are fine :)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2008
    • Like Like x 13
  2. I have found and activated more than 20 TPs in my first week.
    I hit lvl 1 as a Sweat Gatherer in my first week.
    I have completed 10% of my discipleship within my first week.
    I have made some friends who are very experienced and help me along my journey, one of them being Red Sonia, who introduced me to this forum. My appreciation goes out to her, in my first week.
    I began reselling from one item, and I have made about 20 PED Profit in my frist week. (I do not deposit, at least not yet, not til I know I can make whatever amount I put in, back out.)
    I have learned how to rent, buy, hopefully use estate, land, or shops. (I do not do any of these yet, but I have learned about them and how to do it.)
    I have found ways to make money, one I have enough 'upfront' money to start- Reselling, buying land and taxing it, hunting, selling pictures, mining for ore and/or gases, crafting clothes armor weapons furniture components and ad-ons.
    I have joined a Society, one of the top 50 largest one, NBK Legion.
    I have seen Red's Apartment and her items she has in it.
    I have been to two Continents.

This was within my first week of joining the Entropian Universe.
    (I copied and pasted this from my other thread so this info would be in the correct Forum per Phunksta)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2008
    • Like Like x 18
  3. 30 TPs!
    37 Cities!
    2 Event Zones.
    2 Land Areas.

I am now lvl 1 as a Sweater.
    I am now lvl 1 as a Pistoleer.

And last night I recieved my first Team Global!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 19
  4. Woops, forgot to mention one thing that made this Global even more special, I was in the team, that got the first Global for 2008 according to the Ball Drop of NY in the USA. :) Yay us!

• Like Like x 15
  5. Kets

Kets Cranky Old EuC Reporter

Congratulations! I'm in the same time zone as NY city, but I was watching the ball drop and not logged in. WHOO-HOO!

• Like Like x 6
  6. 8)- I helped a new player by the name of 'Brandur Petersen pker' obtain 9 TP's in one night, and have bin helping him sence his first day in EU..

8)- I myself obtained 5 TP's on Amethera

8)- I have Obtained Many new Leve's and Rankings, in many skills... thies are a few to mention...

-4 levels in human investigater
    -1 level in mutant investigater
    -1 level in animal investigater

to be continued:>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

• Like Like x 13
  7. Hello all,

30 Dec of last year was my first day on Entropia Universe. I've met a nice guy who helped me through my first hour and gave me a good headstart by explaining the skilling system on here. He also pointed me at Alice's guide which i have been using ever since.

So what have i been up to the last 5 days? Mainly skilling rifle and occasionally TP-running (around 7 of those) whenever shooting Daikibas got me bored out of my nose. Shooting Daikibas i do at Swamp Camp, i've almost maxed the Opalo (laser rifle) and the Isis CB5 (blp rifle) and i have maxed the Vivo T1 healing device, i am now using the Vivo T5.

Last night i tried my hand at crafting. Having looted a lot of wool and looking at one of the other forums made me decide to try and make some textures. I purchased the Large Striped Cotton Fabric blue print, some inferior cloth extractors in auction, turned the wool into cloth (+/- 100 pieces) using the tailoring material refiner and gave it a go at the tailoring machine. Result: 4000 fabric residue, 1500 texture, and 1500 metal(?) residue. All in all fun to do.

There is one thing i noticed at swamp camp. There seems to be a lot of noise in the answers you get from avatars that want to be knowledgeable and helpful but often turn out to not be that as much as they would like. For example recommending the use of Jester rifles as skill weapons. If i've learned one thing there, it is taking any information there with a grain of salt untill verified by a good player or on a forum like this one.

Happy skilling in 2008 to you all!

Sincerely,
    Lost Without You

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2008
    • Like Like x 13
  8. I have now recieved another Team Global worth 91 PEDs. (The screen shot messed up because it didnt have the chat screen to show the global)

I now have all of the TP's on the first Continent. 4 if which I got on my own.
    I still have not deposited, but I have taken a MANN MPH and sold it, and used the money to buy and resale items. That MANN MPH has turned around and became worth about 20 PED so far. I hope I can continue on my lucky market streak and continue to make money off of the items. (Thanks Red for the Mann Gun.)

I have made contacts and I now do not sale my Sweat pubicly. I sale it for 10 PED per 1K when available (It only happens once a week so I havnt made very much yet doing it this way). If I need the PED right away, I sale it for 7 PED to another contact if available.

I have found the Neomap and the Seamaster threads which help in mining decisions and money making. I have not been able to use the mining ability as all my money is invested in the auctions right now.

I have over 1700 Skill points.

I am also lvl 1 in Laser Dmg.

• Like Like x 15
  9. I have mostly been concentrating on mining for Nexus during December. I had a lot of recent success. 2 recent (XII) claims (of Acid Root and Nexus).
    For this month I decided to get the last 6-8 TP's in Amathera that I don't yet have. I got one so far. I will submit the screenshots of the chat log entry when I have gotten them all.
    I purchased an opallo and an amp and have starting wasting Exa's, Snabble's, and Snarks. I really want to max that opallo and move up a few levels in rifle, and maybe pistol if I get to it later in the month.
    I hope to get my first global, hof, and ATH this month lol.
    I intend to try doing this while steadily increasing my ped balance, which is important to me- a non-depositor since I started this game 2 years ago.
    My skilling in game has been very slow until my recent success mining due to lack of peds I mostly sweated and traded, with the occasional crafting spree mixed in.
    GL to all of my fellow competitors, and may the best Entropian win.:)

• Like Like x 14
  10. 8) today i helped Brandur to finde the last of his TP's Zues, NorthSpace Base, and Camp Caravan... knowing that my skill level's and gear did not match up to the task i chose a path around the beaches of the north to make ease of our travel, on our way to Zeus, Brandur found something that perplexed him a strange item apead evory time he got close, i explained to him he should emidiatly pick things that apear like that up for other players will usealy beat him too it, and after he picked it up i explained to him that it was fruit, and it's useage in the game...after ariveing at Zuse i gave Brandur the cords to space base and we had a race to see who would get there first.. =) I was able to make it to space base but not befor the Mob train got me... Brandur on the other hand learnd his leason from me and reached the base unharmed, and the race was his... we then headed south twords camp caravan.. a deadly and dangerious walk this was.. we lost our lifes many times but after a few mins of navigateing the Mob Maze, I was able to guide Brandur safe to Camp Caravan... I then met up with anouther new player i had recently met this being his second day in EU, i directed him to swamp camp just north of PA, and spent much time teaching him the rope's, and after a few hours have him well on his way too his first 1k sweats... as i have also binn sweating and skilling by his side as i try to advance threw this contest, yet still pass down what i have learnd =) ...
    :Sniper:once agien I thank you for this opertunity, and HOF's2ALL, and to all a good Skilling Night =)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2008
    • Like Like x 12
  11. One week of play

Maxed:
    • Solomate Opalo
    • Isis CB5
    • Vivo T1
    Current gear:
    • GeoTrek LP120 Niloticus (almost maxed)
    • Emik S30
    • Breer MK1 (almost maxed)
    • Gnome F/2A plates
    • Vivo T5
    Skills
    • Rifle at 1500 (500 to go to graduation)
    • Agility at 34
    • Health at 92
    • Total of around 8800 skill points, excluding rep and rating.
    Help
    • Not a lot yet, apart from bringing a couple of newcomers from the arrival area to swampcamp. Still feel uncomfortable in sharing my experiences as i've been playing for only a week now.
    Loot
    • Lots of various wools
    • 2 Emik S50
    • 1 Korss H380
    • Various armor items Pixie and Goblin
    • Oils etc
    • Extractors
    • Tons of ammo
    • 2 texturing BPs
    Trades
    • Bought then sold a Vigi F set with a little profit.
    • Did a 100usd depo on the 2nd day. At a 1200 ped balance now.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2008
    • Like Like x 12
  12. Still havnt deposited-

Lvl 1 in Brawler.
    Lvl 1 in Evadeer.

I have about 200 PED invested and hoping to make about 250 before Wednesday. (Yes, thats right, I said I still havnt deposited.) (I am letting my sweat money make me money)

I have helped several people get to 4 different TPs safely. I have shown them how to auto follow, know their coordinates, what the team loot is and how you can tell, as well as other misc things.

I have about 1800 in skills so far. Most of which comes from sweating.

Oh yea, and I am having a lot of fun in the game, whether it is with myself, my soc, or with other people around.

• Like Like x 14
  13. i have helped a noob named minzu (other names dont remeber) with some good advice.
    And i helped an other noob named anna ufo.. with giving her a job
    i have also joined a clan named exilecorp and they are recruting=) they buy sweat at 5.1 from members and higher as u advance in the soc
    ive got some tps 2 so i think i got a lot done the first week of jan.

ok i will be in touch later thx for reading this and Good luck.

Wish u al good loots. =)And plenty hofs =)

• Like Like x 12
  14. I have climbed the highest mountain and I have seen 3 tents, and a bird upon a stone. Someone else took my picture, but didnt send me a copy yet....

:DPlease dont take this the wrong way, but I I had to post this pic as an accomplishment.... Because no one could have made him as happy as I did.... :D

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 9
  15. :rotfl:funny xander funny, awsome pic lolz, it's like the first release of the c-3po, 'top's' tradeing card....(wht can i say im a dork, and if you know wht im tlking about you must be too) :Sniper: this week has bin slow for me not many things done , just bin sweating, and hunting, and selling items... for this week, and waiting for, a new player friend of my'n to sighn back on so that i may help him, sell his sweat, and teach him how to hunt... i plan to have screen shots up soon of my skill progress, as well as a pic of brandur to prove he exsits... but just havent gotin around to it... addicted to EU to much.. lucky i took the time out of playing to post this lolz... any way's happy hof's 2 u all, and i'll make a more detailed post l8r =)

• Like Like x 10
  16. Today I was able to accomplish a few more things.
    I am now a lvl 2 Pistoleer.
    I am a lvl 1 Paramedic.
    Lvl 1 as a Rifleman.
    I have been working on killing Combibo's (however their name is spelt) and I have almost collected a full suit of armor off of them. Just need the shoes and the thighs. Yay.
    I am only at 15% done in my discipleship. I would be further along, but between last week going fantastic in the auction house and this week doing poorly there... That has delayed me greatly.

Needless tosay, I will not be able to hit my goal of 250 PEDs. That is ok though. I know you cant get lucky all the time, and I expect that this is no different. I am hoping that I will be able to see this goal met shortly. (My value was about 150, but now I am down to 100)

Ok, I hope lootius is watching over you and will grant you a Global for Gratzing me, and a HoF for gratzing everything I post. :)

• Like Like x 10
  17. :coffee: good morning......i compeated in one of ythe sweating compitions, and i must say this was alot of fun... althoe, i didn't do so well and missunderstood the rule's and ended up disqualified... i still enjoyed my self and plan to do much better on the next compatition :p skilling went slow, have bin concintrateing on sweating and watching the auction house for deal's... and as alway's i have spent a good amount of time doing Q&A for some of my newer player friends, as well as stranger's ....

:Sniper:____________:bigrifle: looking foward to skilling more this week and HOFing it up..... HOF2U ALL and may lootious bless ........

• Like Like x 8
  18. I have been hunting lately, with my Oppallo + 101 amp, and un-amped oppallo for a finisher. I reached level 2 yesterday in laser sniper, and laser pistoleer. I will be going back to mining for nexus shortly.
    From hunting in this competition I realized how eco sweat + hunting small mobs really is. If you get 1-2 pulls of sweat from a small mob, that will make up any loss from the difference between loots and expenses, on a bad day. On the days where the loots are good, or you even global/ hoff :) then the fun begins. So even if I don't win the competition based on my skills gained (as unlikely as that is ) Thank You NOTB for getting me to start sweat hunting!

• Like Like x 8
  19. I didn't know until I googled it LOL

Link to Urban ledgend site warning adult content LOL

:rotfl: :rofl:

• Like Like x 6
  20. I just looted my first emik s30(L)! Looks like a nice gun, but I'm a laser user myself. I guess I'll have to find a buyer.
    I will update with skillgains so far later today or tommorrow.

• Like Like x 8
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.